New to the site and the Maserati Life - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
New to the site and the Maserati Life

I am new to the site and I am looking at buying a 2014 GranTurismo conv. I have been a big BMW guy Seems like they are not an investment as they do not hold their value so I am over that . I have read some of your posts on maintenance and cost . I am in the aviation community and understand preventative maintenance pay me now or pay me more . I wanted to get your thoughts on what is the life of the car if up kept well and possible huge items of concern . One thing I did find is there is not a lot of them on the market not at least the color and interior I am looking for . Dealer is offering a 2 year warranty which I will take
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 03:50 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrezzzz View Post
I am new to the site and I am looking at buying a 2014 GranTurismo conv. I have been a big BMW guy Seems like they are not an investment as they do not hold their value so I am over that . I have read some of your posts on maintenance and cost . I am in the aviation community and understand preventative maintenance pay me now or pay me more . I wanted to get your thoughts on what is the life of the car if up kept well and possible huge items of concern . One thing I did find is there is not a lot of them on the market not at least the color and interior I am looking for . Dealer is offering a 2 year warranty which I will take
thanks
Welcome! There are several folks who use their GT as daily drivers and have quite a few miles on them with little to no issues with proper maintenance. I think the other big thing is to buy the latest model possible to get away from platform (variator, etc.) type issues. I think the 14 on was pretty stable, but I'm sure others will weigh in.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead3121 View Post
Welcome! There are several folks who use their GT as daily drivers and have quite a few miles on them with little to no issues with proper maintenance. I think the other big thing is to buy the latest model possible to get away from platform (variator, etc.) type issues. I think the 14 on was pretty stable, but I'm sure others will weigh in.

Thanks just looking for some insight beautiful cars however I do not have any history

post #4 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 10:05 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrezzzz View Post
Thanks just looking for some insight beautiful cars however I do not have any history
I've had my 2014 GT Sport for almost a year now and have basically daily driven it since I got it, hard not to!!! Only thing I have done is change the oil a few times. This engine/powertrain has been pretty solid in my experience. Like you, I was/am a bimmer man. But during my brief ownership of the Rati, I've had more problems out of my 535i
This car is pretty straight forward, not a ton of computerized crap and the over engineering that BMW is so fond of! Oddly enough, my oil changes have been about the same price as what I pay on my bimmer. Roughly $75 to $85.... (DIY)

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2019, 12:08 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 608
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Garage
2016 bought new....no issues.
5k per year. Changed oil only. Bought the filters online and my oil Maserati spec'd oil.....no issues.

I do not have a dealer within 2 hours and I plan on {continuing} to do all maint thru and indy guy done the road.
(if a warranty issue pops up....and it is serious, I would consider bring it to the dealer)

But for all other issues (if they arise) local will do.

Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode