LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2011 Maserati Quattroporte Problems

Assistance Needed...

I purchased a 2011 Quattroporte 8 months ago and Iím afraid I didnít do my homework prior to buying it and I now own a money pit.

While parked in my garage initially, I forgot to plug the tender and the battery died. I removed the battery, had it recharged and installed.. After which it started. This threw most sensors off to include the radio which no longer produces sound.

To make things worse while driving to do my emissions, it automatically downshifted and the bad transmission indicator light came on. I was unable to drive over 40 mph. Very frustrating.... Got to the emission location, and the vehicle failed because according to the tech, all readings were wiped out when the battery died...

I called the local dealer due to an emission recall. I explained the problems and they promised to help. Vehicle was towed to the service shop. They noted I had a transmission leak which led to low tranny fluid, and this could be the reason for the downshift. Paid to have the tranny leak repair, fluid flushed and topped off. However, they could never get the radio volume to work.

After repairs they said it was driven for few miles and it was remarkable.

On my way home, it automatically downshifted again... and the bad tranny indicator light came on. I stopped, and restarted it again. The problem went away and it did it again a littler later during my drive. It kept downshifting intermittently through out.

I called the repair shop and asked about the clutch life. They noted it is not measurable on the 2011 Quattroporte. If the problem insisted, I had to change the entire transmission.

With about 46000 miles on the vehicle and not up to a 500 miles driven by me, I donít know where to start, very frustrating...

Please advise..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 12:53 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 409
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Very sorry to hear about your issues. Your local Maserati dealer was not able to get the radio volume going? When the dealer fixed the transmission fluid leak, did they have to remove the transmission pan? If they did remove the pan, did they happen to comment on how the fluid looked, or if there was a lot of residue on the bottom of the pan? Hopefully some of our resident experts on this forum will chime into this thread. Don't give up yet....
post #3 of 6 Old 05-26-2019, 02:12 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 89
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Just so you know there's no clutch, its a zf 6 speed automatic (ZF6HP26) which is a common and usually reliable transmission. Hopefully someone (like Jason here) can give you some ideas of what to try next.

2011 Quattroporte S, 1987 425i biturbo

post #4 of 6 Old 05-26-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Yes, they were unable to get the audio. Instead the Service Rep recommended that I take the vehicle to a local electronic store with specialty in replacing electronics in high end cars...

So i kept researching and talking to buddies, one of which owns an earlier model Quattroporte. He recommended I check the fuse to the amp. Surprisingly, after locating the fuse to the amp, I found it blown. I removed the blown fuse and had it swapped with a similar fuse and, VOILA, I had audio.

At this point I have no confidence in that Service Shop. I’m not sure I should believe what they are saying to me. Something that simple they couldn’t detect, how will they solve more complicated problems..

Back to the Tranny, they changed the pan, a seal, drained all the transmission fluid and replaced it with new fluid, thus correcting the fluid level. According to them, the pan was distorted....

But they mentioned nothing about the quality of the oil or whether there was any residue in it.

Also, prior to me dropping the vehicle off, I also expressed concerns about the Tire Pressure Sensor light I had on before the battery died. The Rep told me that they had cleared it along with all other codes. I was shocked because everyone I spoke to or all of the articles I read indicated that the sensor was probably bad and needed to be changed. When I collected the vehicle and started it, that was the first light that came on.

I questioned him the following day, he noted that’s what the tech told him. “At the time the vehicle was checked, all sensors lights were off”. SMH..

At this point, I just don’t trust this shop. It sad that the options are limited on where to take these vehicles because they are so unique.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks and I appreciate the update. I really thought it had one. But the shop also did confirm after I asked them for the life of the clutch... They noted that it is unmeasurable because there was none...
post #6 of 6 Old 05-26-2019, 04:25 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 89
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
You might want to post in the modern/QP5 forum...its more for troubleshooting and has more traffic.

I cant help with the tranny but TPMS problems are common. Usually its the wheel sensors or the module under the drivers floor. First have a tire shop check each wheel with a remote scanner to make sure they are all transmitting. If the system wont let you calibrate through the mode button usually its a module problem. Sometimes they just need a reset by the dealer or a scan tool that is compatible or its common that the module is bad. New ones used to be about $300 new on scuderiacarparts.com but I think they might be hard to get now.

2011 Quattroporte S, 1987 425i biturbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode