New Levante Torfeo Malfunction - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2019, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation New Levante Torfeo Malfunction

I have a new 2019 Levante Trofeo with 600 miles on it. Beautiful care and performance until about 8 days ago. Car died while I was stopped at a red light - all sorts of icons came on screen - flashing on and off, windshield wipers going on, and car would not start. This lasted 30 minutes. I called Maserati and transferred finally to Roadside assistance; they said they would tow car to closest dealership. When I bought the car here in New Orleans, La there was a local dealer but he closed the dealership only after 2 months of being open exactly 1 week after I took delivery on my car! So the Dealership I wanted to go to was in Houston, Texas but the brand new North Louisiana dealership was a little closer. They got the car and have had it for 6 days. They stated that they fixed the problem by re-flashing the software for the Throttle control board; all is well and after a few days I received the car today. Car looks fine but there is a persistent orange icon lit up on the dashboard! Apparently according to manual this is the "Light Alignment' warning light - in the manual there is a Tool icon by it meaning it has to be fixed in service department. Very upsetting at this point and not sure I will keep the car - will make Maserati take it back under Lemon Law if things persist.
Has anybody had this problem and has anybody had this icon suddenly appear on the dashboard? How hard is it to rectify? Tried calling Maserati North America but they are not answering phone - call back later message.
Thank you,
llevymd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2019, 04:03 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 187
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Wow... Some people just donít deserve what they got.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2019, 12:39 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 335
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
it could be the adaptive headlights are off and the car knows it. you'd have to get the codes pulled by module with a maserati scan tool.
have you hit something or bottomed out the front end? anything blocking the windshield? the sensors for adaptive lights are in the rear view mirror assembly.
also, lemon laws are typically for repeated attempts to fix an issue and it not being resolved. laws vary state to state, but generally it seems like 3 attempts to fix the same issue failing is what constitutes a lemon.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-22-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b View Post
it could be the adaptive headlights are off and the car knows it. you'd have to get the codes pulled by module with a maserati scan tool.
have you hit something or bottomed out the front end? anything blocking the windshield? the sensors for adaptive lights are in the rear view mirror assembly.
also, lemon laws are typically for repeated attempts to fix an issue and it not being resolved. laws vary state to state, but generally it seems like 3 attempts to fix the same issue failing is what constitutes a lemon.
I have not driven the car hard and have not hit anything or bottomed out. There is nothing blocking the rear view mirror. Will test the lights this am.
I understand about the lemon law and what you are saying - seems like it has been a struggle to get things corrected; on my second attempt already.
Thanks for your help and responding to post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode