White 06 GS in TX - Real Murky History!!! - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-16-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
White 06 GS in TX - Real Murky History!!!

RE: 2006 White GranSport for sale in TX: Since a few of you guys asked, here’s what I have been able to dig up and/or gather:
- It has a murky and questionable past!
- Currently it shows unusually low miles (~12Kml)
- Carfax shows last recorded mileage of ~6,200 in 8/2015
- Owner #3 renewed its registration back in 2015 followed by immediately passing it onto the hands of 1st of 3+ used car dealers who from there held onto the car between them, moving it from state to state for the following 12-14 months!
- The dealers transferred between themselves this GS without registering it, selling it, or any documentation of what was going on during that period!
- Immediately upon the GS turning 10 yrs old, when it could be claimed “EXEMPT” odometer-vise, the 3rd dealer claims its odometer rating as “EXEMPT” and sells it to now owner #4
- Owner #4 is an easy-going nice guy who probably didn’t know any better...overpaid and without research purchased it on an impulse buy
- This last owner has a title with “EXEMPT” as odometer reading along with a non-signed, no header letter from last dealer claiming: “...odometer reading reflects the amount mileage in excess of its mechanical limits” which means the odometer reading is not to be trusted!
- Having looked up the history on 1 of the 3 dealers who held onto the car (in Chicago), that dealer has numerous detailed complaints online for having rolled back mileage and/or similar fraudulent mechanical and/or odometer disclosures on other vehicles
- A contact of mine at Maserati CA looked up or dug into what alternate records a he could find and mentioned that he sees a chronologically odd mileage record for this vehicle that is at odd with the mileage history Carfax shows...dated back while the vehicle was in the possession of the dealer(s)!
- There are no service history available for the vehicle to trace any other history

As mentioned, since a few individuals here PM’d me to find out more, I though I simply post this here. The VIN for this vehicle has the last 4 digits of “5421”.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-16-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode