No more Ferrari engines soon - Page 3 - Maserati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 Old 05-11-2019, 10:55 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Maserati Life Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay View Post
I think the tone of the report is excessively negative. Done right this could be turned into a great opportunity for Maserati.

'74 Merak
'99 3200GT
merak1974 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 39 Old 05-11-2019, 11:09 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Maserati Life Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
I think the tone of the report is excessively negative. Done right this could be turned into a great opportunity for Maserati.
Actually, I am proud of the fact that the engines in both my Maserati cars are proper Maserati engines, designed and manufactured at Viale Ciro Menotti in Modena.

While it made perfect sense to concentrate the engine side of business at one place when both Maserati and Ferrari were part of Fiat, and then FCA, now that Ferrari has been spun off, it makes sense to re-assess the arrangement.

My concern is whether FCA has what it takes (especially funds and commitment) to develop a new range of engines with the potential to place Maserati as a top marque once again.

'74 Merak
'99 3200GT
merak1974 is offline  
post #33 of 39 Old 05-11-2019, 05:56 PM

InnerCircle
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Maserati Life Posts: 1,359
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Actually, I am proud of the fact that the engines in both my Maserati cars are proper Maserati engines, designed and manufactured at Viale Ciro Menotti in Modena.

While it made perfect sense to concentrate the engine side of business at one place when both Maserati and Ferrari were part of Fiat, and then FCA, now that Ferrari has been spun off, it makes sense to re-assess the arrangement.

My concern is whether FCA has what it takes (especially funds and commitment) to develop a new range of engines with the potential to place Maserati as a top marque once again.
Yeah you have a Merak so... nice engine! I'd like a Bora myself but uh.... I can only afford a QP V, haha!

What's this about Ferrari being spun off... what did I miss? They are not part of FCA anymore?

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
SeanFulop is offline  
 
post #34 of 39 Old 05-12-2019, 04:56 AM
bay
 
bay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Belgium
Maserati Life Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
More positive :

New engine block disconnects Maserati from Ferrari
https://www.autoedizione.nl/nieuw-mo...s-van-ferrari/

Ghibli III V6 3.0 330 cv Grigio Maratea 571.

Maserati 2.24V Rosso

Registre Maserati Gransport MC Victory

Registre Maserati "90TH ANNIVERSARY" SPYDER
bay is offline  
post #35 of 39 Old 05-12-2019, 08:28 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Maserati Life Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFulop View Post
Yeah you have a Merak so... nice engine! I'd like a Bora myself but uh.... I can only afford a QP V, haha!

What's this about Ferrari being spun off... what did I miss? They are not part of FCA anymore?
Ferrari was spun off FCA through an IPO late 2015/early 2016. While the ownership of the company remains largely unchanged - the Agnelli family is still the largest owner group - it is no longer incorporated in FCA.

'74 Merak
'99 3200GT
merak1974 is offline  
post #36 of 39 Old 05-12-2019, 02:02 PM
 
Join Date: May 2017
Maserati Life Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
https://europe.autonews.com/article/...built-in-italy

Maserati will be getting 480 hp twin-turbo V6 for Quattroporte (base) and Ghibli from Alfa Romeo. Alfa has a very extensive history in racing, rally and very good engine building. A 500+ HP engine may need to developed through joint Alfa-Maserati efforts.
08SRX is offline  
post #37 of 39 Old 05-12-2019, 02:11 PM
 
Join Date: May 2019
Maserati Life Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
e-cars

As for electrification , I’m not not so sure anymore that’s the inevitable future ; Tesla’s sales and demand ( for every one of their models ) have plunged, , the company is on the verge of bankruptcy, and when Tesla coughs the entire e-car industry catches a cold. Other E cars companies are not particularly healthy either .. it may ultimately prove to be a short lived fad for tree huggers, more than anything else . The production of lithium batteries still leave a greater environmental adverse impact than the very long term projected benefits derived from the technology.

Keep in mind that 80-90% of the world's in-ground lithium reserves are located in three hostile/semi-hostile nations: China and Afghanistan (hostile in some ways) and Chile (semi-hostile in the the current president severely criticizes America and seems to favor the Venezuelan dictator).
FloridaBrent is offline  
post #38 of 39 Old 05-12-2019, 07:14 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Maserati Life Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SRX View Post
https://europe.autonews.com/article/...built-in-italy

Maserati will be getting 480 hp twin-turbo V6 for Quattroporte (base) and Ghibli from Alfa Romeo. Alfa has a very extensive history in racing, rally and very good engine building. A 500+ HP engine may need to developed through joint Alfa-Maserati efforts.
... That article is quite old (2015); I am not sure it is all that informative at this point.

'74 Merak
'99 3200GT
merak1974 is offline  
post #39 of 39 Old 05-13-2019, 09:46 AM
bay
 
bay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Belgium
Maserati Life Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
bay is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ferrari engines for Maserati through 2023 intrepid Maserati Lounge 26 09-10-2015 10:45 PM
DC Owners Start Your Engines russarch Driver's Lounge 5 09-14-2012 03:32 PM
is ferrari still building the engines for maserati? jpn QP5 2003-2012 5 01-12-2011 07:32 PM
Maserati to supply engines to IndyCar? BigFoot Driver's Lounge 3 07-24-2008 12:07 AM
Squeezing more power out of our engines… PacoSaca Modern Maserati 38 03-01-2007 02:39 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome