Hands free etc improvements - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-15-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hands free etc improvements

Hi, Iíve a 2002 Spyder. Iím trying to retain existing equipment but struggling with its age. I wanted to hook in my android Samsung currently S7 for calls hands free, Navi is ok via the phone, then Spotify from the phone. I have the cd in the boot not doing too much but there. I looked at Parrot as hands free option but with Ok Google via the phone not sure Mr Parrot adds much. So I wondered about a Bluetooth speaker to boost sound and manage the calls but canít find one that is 12 volt so less sure about putting a battery speaker to rattle about. Has anyone done a similar patch to enable better sound and phone use without digging out existing equipment. Thanks and answers on a postcard! Newboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I used a $30 Bluetooth RF piece that pugs into the cigarette lighter. It has a second USB for charging the phone at the same time. I use a phone holder that slides into the old cd spot and keeps the phone at the perfect angle for maps, song selection etc. in and out for $50.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-21-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep thanks. I am currently using rf but been looking at alternatives. Iíve bought a Bluetooth adapter from the USA only to discover the CD was a no go so canít drive the Bluetooth. Looking for thoughts on that as separate issue as currently getting in deeper than had anticipated. They say things get worse first... letís hope!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode