Startup up issues with low fuel? - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Startup up issues with low fuel?

Wanted to crowd source some opinions. I took a 2005 Gransport for a spin today. Took 3 attempts to start the car... partially my problem I didn’t realize you had to hold the start button down, fired up when the private dealer did it.

Car was flat on empty gas. We did a quick spin, and then I wanted to verify I could start it again. It choked, would cranks fine but never fire. Walked away cause the dealer couldn’t get it even after putting fuel in.

They reached back out and got it working fine after pulling the fuel lines for a quick bleed, said there was air pockets. I called local Maserati service and they said they never had an issue just adding more gas no fuel line bleed required.

Anyone ever run into a similar problem? I’d think you could just crank it over a few times and the fuel pump would prime and sort it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2019, 12:41 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 2,211
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
I doubt they did anything, but rather than add fuel.....I guess you can go back and look at it again...Not sure why you would show someone a car running on fumes? If I run out of gas on a test drive then you can keep it...Jason

ASE Master Tech. 29 years experience
Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, & Jaguar technician.
Guru in Atlanta of Jaguar V12 & XJS cars.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kinda my thoughts on showing a car on fumes lol...
It’s a 2 hour drive just avoiding more hassle than needed. The cars rather red flagged for me now and I’m just being cautious. Unfortunate reality is it’s a low volume car and this one has a killer color combo that’s rare. I’ll have to do a PPI at this point but checking here if it’s even worth it or if I should run.

Dealer did say they pulled the lines to bleed it. It’s a Mazda dealer, not a backdoor lot but still i doubt they know much about these.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2019, 01:28 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 2,211
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
It's a dead head system and doesn't have a return line so it possible that it could increase the crank times. It is not a common complaint on these cars so I would give them the benefit of doubt on this one...Still piss poor business practice...Use caution.....Jason

ASE Master Tech. 29 years experience
Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, & Jaguar technician.
Guru in Atlanta of Jaguar V12 & XJS cars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode