MC Stradale owners - Page 3 - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 Old 05-11-2016, 03:52 AM
ZZJ

Maserati Life Posts: 278
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Just read this online which talking about the difference between the US version Granturismo MC and euro version MC Stradale.

Maserati GranTurismo MC Launched For North America » AutoGuide.com News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 07-19-2016, 04:12 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 84
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
MC Stradale - first thoughts.

Just had mine 5 days and already done 600 miles (winter, down here).

It's a 2013 Euro Stradale, two seater, no roll cage. It's one of the last original Stradale versions, not the newer 4 seaters.

It had 9000 miles when I received it, looks like new.

First impressions:

- seat bolster on drivers side bucket wears quickly, no rips, but leather worn and showing suede material under original black finish.
- the car is much faster than I had thought, I drove an Audi r8, carrera S and M3 before deciding. The stradale is the most ferocious of them all, especially noticeable in race mode.
- I have a small vibration over 130Mph (about 220Km/h) that I assume is balancing based. We have very bad minor roads here and the P Zero's have NO sidewall. I am assuming some balancing lead has come off, or a small bend in a wheel rim (ouch)
- Steering is sweet, precise, tons of feedback. Quite a lot of tramlinig, but I think the PZero's are to blame. Fast overtaking on a road with a lot of central crest is quite hard to control when done very fast.
- The infotainment system (I don't have the optional Bose System) is real crap. Really. But I guess that's what Race mode was invented for....
- Quite a lot of wind noise over the rear of the car over 220Km/k. It sounds like from the back window area. Maybe the lip spoiler?
- In general car is very solid, quiet. No rattles. I have fixed suspension (no mag ride), just as I wanted. Suspension in town is very hard, jarring, uncomfortable.
- reverse and auto 1st gear is a joke, it;s like your granny trying to control a stiff manual clutch. Horrible! (but sort of fun).

I am very impressed with the car, as a long time "M" BMW owner I thought it would be hard to get used to, but after 50Km driving it feels completely natural.

And that sound, in race mode, is worth the price alone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3838.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	81705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3484.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	81713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3492.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	81721   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	81729   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	81737  

Euro MC Stradale - 2013 - 9k miles (for now!)
post #33 of 44 Old 12-01-2016, 11:11 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is my mc stradale:grin: it is located in kuwait
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1480594246852.jpeg
Views:	557
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	87009   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1480594283038.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	87017  

post #34 of 44 Old 04-08-2018, 08:05 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 13
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azapa View Post
Just had mine 5 days and already done 600 miles (winter, down here).

It's a 2013 Euro Stradale, two seater, no roll cage. It's one of the last original Stradale versions, not the newer 4 seaters.

It had 9000 miles when I received it, looks like new.

First impressions:

- seat bolster on drivers side bucket wears quickly, no rips, but leather worn and showing suede material under original black finish.
- the car is much faster than I had thought, I drove an Audi r8, carrera S and M3 before deciding. The stradale is the most ferocious of them all, especially noticeable in race mode.
- I have a small vibration over 130Mph (about 220Km/h) that I assume is balancing based. We have very bad minor roads here and the P Zero's have NO sidewall. I am assuming some balancing lead has come off, or a small bend in a wheel rim (ouch)
- Steering is sweet, precise, tons of feedback. Quite a lot of tramlinig, but I think the PZero's are to blame. Fast overtaking on a road with a lot of central crest is quite hard to control when done very fast.
- The infotainment system (I don't have the optional Bose System) is real crap. Really. But I guess that's what Race mode was invented for....
- Quite a lot of wind noise over the rear of the car over 220Km/k. It sounds like from the back window area. Maybe the lip spoiler?
- In general car is very solid, quiet. No rattles. I have fixed suspension (no mag ride), just as I wanted. Suspension in town is very hard, jarring, uncomfortable.
- reverse and auto 1st gear is a joke, it;s like your granny trying to control a stiff manual clutch. Horrible! (but sort of fun).

I am very impressed with the car, as a long time "M" BMW owner I thought it would be hard to get used to, but after 50Km driving it feels completely natural.

And that sound, in race mode, is worth the price alone

You were a bmw owner so you would know based on the comparison below is true. Is the mc stradale slower than the bmw e63 BMW V10 F1 m6?

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel1312-4020.htm
post #35 of 44 Old 04-09-2018, 05:03 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Greetings from Sunny Singapore!

Took over the beast in a stock form!

And the transformation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36 of 44 Old 04-11-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo5321 View Post
You were a bmw owner so you would know based on the comparison below is true. Is the mc stradale slower than the bmw e63 BMW V10 F1 m6?

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel1312-4020.htm
Quicker around every single racetrack that the two were driven on *Yes* The Stradale is a quicker car. (BTW Nürburgring time for stradale is 8:00 not the 8:13 shown on that link)

In all cases, the stradale (as is any Maserati) is a huge sense of occasion. A BWM is just a BMW (I still have one, too).

BTW, this is a Maserati Forum, there are plenty of nice BMW ones you can stress out less in

post #37 of 44 Old 04-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K - Wong View Post
Greetings from Sunny Singapore!
Beautiful car, before and after!! Congratulations

post #38 of 44 Old 04-13-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azapa View Post
Quicker around every single racetrack that the two were driven on *Yes* The Stradale is a quicker car. (BTW Nürburgring time for stradale is 8:00 not the 8:13 shown on that link)

In all cases, the stradale (as is any Maserati) is a huge sense of occasion. A BWM is just a BMW (I still have one, too).

BTW, this is a Maserati Forum, there are plenty of nice BMW ones you can stress out less in
Yeah but the m6 has the fucking f1 v10 and there are videos of it going faster than a freaking Lamborghini gallardo in straightline. The v10 m5 e60 did a 7:52 on the nurburgring so the real m6 time is even faster than the one listed. I am trying to decide which to buy, its a very tough choice as you know.
post #39 of 44 Old 04-13-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah but the m6 has the fucking f1 v10 and there are videos of it going faster than a freaking Lamborghini gallardo in straightline. The v10 m5 e60 did a 7:52 on the nurburgring so the real m6 time is even faster than the one listed. I am trying to decide which to buy, its a very tough choice as you know.

There is no choice, they are two cars in an entire different categories, and price ranges also. Used, in the UK the M6 V10 costs 10KGBP, the stradale, if you can find a good one, 60KGBP.

Or just buy an MC Shift GT, almost the same car as the stradale, and the M6 V10, the two would cost you 45KGBP together.

Drive both. It will be hard giving the Maserati back.

post #40 of 44 Old 04-13-2018, 12:50 PM

I am in Melbs so the mc stradale will have to be a uk one as the one's here cost 190-300k aud. Looking to replace my e92 m3 in pic.
I am just not sure how much of a upgrade the v8 mc stradale (as I've never driven one) is hence looking at the v10 m6 as option too. The v10 m6 is 45-80k (depending if its a 2008-2010 vs 2006-2007) aud here.
my m3 e92 cold start
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2244 (1).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	113209  
post #41 of 44 Old 04-13-2018, 05:05 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 700
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZJ View Post
Just read this online which talking about the difference between the US version Granturismo MC and euro version MC Stradale.

Maserati GranTurismo MC Launched For North America » AutoGuide.com News
Interesting read and if the 0-"62" is 4.9, what's the 0-60?! I always thought the 0-60 was 4.9.

Current: '17 MC Cabrio
Previous: '13 GTS
post #42 of 44 Old 04-13-2018, 06:46 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I replaced my 2011 Granturismo MC shift with a M6 (f13) a few years ago - I now have a MC Stradale.
They dont compare in my book, one is a car filled with soul that makes me happy everytime I drive it, the other a fast BMW I grew bored of in weeks.

I dont track, but for that purpose other cars would surely be better.
post #43 of 44 Old 04-16-2018, 04:40 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 700
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargepug View Post
Interesting read and if the 0-"62" is 4.9, what's the 0-60?! I always thought the 0-60 was 4.9.
I found the GTS is 4.6 to 60...

Current: '17 MC Cabrio
Previous: '13 GTS
post #44 of 44 Old 04-19-2018, 02:16 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 14
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I am in Melbs so the mc stradale will have to be a uk one as the one's here cost 190-300k aud. Looking to replace my e92 m3 in pic.
I am just not sure how much of a upgrade the v8 mc stradale (as I've never driven one) is hence looking at the v10 m6 as option too. The v10 m6 is 45-80k (depending if its a 2008-2010 vs 2006-2007) aud here.
my m3 e92 cold start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsFuEhyyyxM
If you import a Stradale, you will be up for similar costs after shipping, possible Luxury Car Tax (I can't remember if that applies to imports), 10% GST (Border Force will extract that before they release the car), Stamp Duty and then compliance/registration costs.

As you are looking at a V10 M6, you appear to want a 4 seater - the earlier 2 seater Stradale is certainly in the price range you suggest and would give you a far more raw experience than the M6 and there are a couple for sale in Melbourne (mine came via Remo at Autohaus).

My recommendation is to go with the M6 - it will be far more familiar to you than swapping to a Stradale - unless of course you would like to be different and stand out a little more!

sjw.

2013 MC Stradale

2013 Abarth 695 Edizione Maserati
- My town or club recce car.

2010 Ducati MultiStrada 1200S
- My one-up go anywhere tourer.

Current President of Sydney based Club Maserati Australia.

Gone: 2005 GranSport (ex UK)
- Iridium Spark Plugs
- FD Braided Brake Lines
- FD Carbon/Kevlar Brake Pads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode