I've been deceived! - Page 6 - Maserati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 01:52 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Maserati Life Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigiti View Post
Did you buy this car "carfax certified" or an "in house certification" or was it a genuine Maserati CPO program that you have signed docs for? Maserati would be helping you if it went through the paperwork stream of being a genuine CPO car which tells me this car was sold to you perhaps "cert" but not Maserati Cert. Is that correct?
AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE:

We're the clean carfax statements made verbally or in writing??????

MaserMC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
 
psb1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago, IL
Maserati Life Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Sorry guys but on the advice of my attorney, I can't discuss any more on this case.
psb1013 is online now  
post #78 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 12:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Maserati Life Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psb1013 View Post
Sorry guys but on the advice of my attorney, I can't discuss any more on this case.
You don't have to. We can all read between the lines. You made an ignorant and compulsive move buying a car without doing homework and want to put the blame on everyone else but yourself.

Being in the auto industry myself I know enough about your "case" that your lawyer is only further taking your money. You have no case. The dealer you purchased from is a private, not a public company per Maserati's email in which you posted. You have successfully pissed them off to the point where they are not going to do anything to make you happy because they know you won't be so they wrote you off. You have also burned your ability to service there. Be a big boy and move on. Chalk this experience up to be a lesson learned in more ways than one.

If you would like you can PM me and I can tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes that would help you the best financially because you are a fellow Maserati owner and I will still help you.



Matt

Maserati GranTurismo S MC SportLine Bianco over Nero
Lamborghini Gallardo Gated Spyder Arancio Borealis
Ferrari F430 F1 Rosso over Nero (sold)
Maserati GranTurismo Nero Carbonio over Cuoio (sold)
Maserati GranTurismo Bianco over Rosso (sold)

Last edited by Gigiti; 03-20-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Gigiti is offline  
 
post #79 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 01:04 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Maserati Life Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad View Post
... It's a used car, caveat emptor; something for all of us to think about....

... It's not the fault of the vehicle. It was everyone's hands that she passed through...
May be you like to get ripped off. most of us don't. These kind of statements are what is wrong with some of the industry.

We should be taking the OP's words for now which is:
1. car was CPOed even if used.
2. Dealership is an official Maserati outfit
3. He was told and probably in the add, that the car was "pristine and no accident was disclosed from a carfax.
4. That shop knew the car was hit. no way they did not know. they check the carfax when they get a trade simply if to assess its value and number of past owners.

You blame the buyer for not doing DD and and i would agree with you if the car was sold outside of a Maserati dealership with no CPO.

That is not the case and some of us would prefer buying from a dealership brand to avoid that very issue he got into. What you say is that no one should trust even a dealership. Are you advocating for the Wild West all around when buying cars? Clearly these guys hid critical information willingly at best.

Are used car buyers condemned to take a chance on expensive cars just because they dont buy new?

Such statements is simply outrageous in this case and a slap to those who work very hard to establish a good and honest business because it means making an effort to do right is not worth it.
countachqv is offline  
post #80 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 01:22 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Maserati Life Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by countachqv View Post
Are used car buyers condemned to take a chance on expensive cars just because they dont buy new?

Such statements is simply outrageous in this case and a slap to those who work very hard to establish a good and honest business because it means making an effort to do right is not worth it.

"According to the National Highway Traffic Administration, car accidents happen every minute of the day. Motor vehicle accidents occur in any part of the country every 60 seconds. And if it's all summed up in a yearly basis,there are 5.25 million driving accidents that take place per year", quoted from the USA Coverage insurance website USAA."


Just because it is "expensive" it should be disclosed based on your statement apparently? However the person who buys the average used Honda that is much less fortunate financially than all of us... screw those people right. Who cares about them. Now whose statement is "outrageous"?

The answer is to your question "Are used car buyers condemned to take a chance?" The answer is YES, it is USED irregardless of what brand it is.

Maserati GranTurismo S MC SportLine Bianco over Nero
Lamborghini Gallardo Gated Spyder Arancio Borealis
Ferrari F430 F1 Rosso over Nero (sold)
Maserati GranTurismo Nero Carbonio over Cuoio (sold)
Maserati GranTurismo Bianco over Rosso (sold)
Gigiti is offline  
post #81 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 03:04 PM
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Maserati Life Posts: 2,353
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Garage
Guys, lets take this down a notch please. I don't think it's going to be helpful to the OP or anyone else to demean the Owner here. I'm in the Auto Industry, and to be quite honest I'm here to protect owners like the OP. Everyone can not specialize in everything. It's why I go to an attorney when I need advice. I agree with Jason above.

It might not be every used car dealer that's a rip off. That's a given. Maybe the person is just really feeling the sting of this. So we should give him a bit of leeway to vent. Since this is a Maserati forum, and I think we can all relate to how we would feel in his situation. We don't know all the particulars, from either direction. So lets just let this be in a respectful manner both ways. I appreciate all the view points, and thank you guys for posting all the way around.
Craig is offline  
post #82 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 03:04 PM
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hong Kong
Maserati Life Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The idea of getting full trade in value on a new one isn't so bad. I would do whatever i can to get out of the current one since it sounds almost like a salvage.
HoSauce is offline  
post #83 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 03:44 PM

InnerCircle
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Maserati Life Posts: 300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by countachqv View Post
May be you like to get ripped off. most of us don't. These kind of statements are what is wrong with some of the industry.

We should be taking the OP's words for now which is:
1. car was CPOed even if used.
2. Dealership is an official Maserati outfit
3. He was told and probably in the add, that the car was "pristine and no accident was disclosed from a carfax.
4. That shop knew the car was hit. no way they did not know. they check the carfax when they get a trade simply if to assess its value and number of past owners.

You blame the buyer for not doing DD and and i would agree with you if the car was sold outside of a Maserati dealership with no CPO.

That is not the case and some of us would prefer buying from a dealership brand to avoid that very issue he got into. What you say is that no one should trust even a dealership. Are you advocating for the Wild West all around when buying cars? Clearly these guys hid critical information willingly at best.

Are used car buyers condemned to take a chance on expensive cars just because they dont buy new?

Such statements is simply outrageous in this case and a slap to those who work very hard to establish a good and honest business because it means making an effort to do right is not worth it.
Since you quoted my quote, I suspect your are responding only to it. Did you even read my earlier posts? Cafax /vin history reports costs 12-20$. I bought my last GTS from Maser dealer and I still checked the carfax. It's a USED CAR. It will always have a history, some good , some bad.

Good luck trying to prove that the dealer knew or did not know the history. And YES, I don't care who you are(and it does not matter if you sell cars to presidents), I will always check a USED vehicle's record just because I don't want to get ripped off. Seems so simple....

I have a friend that owns several dealerships. His goal is to make money, sell product, do deals, and also treat his customers well...so that they can sell cars, move product and do deals. 'Honesty' is buried in there somewhere....

And as for Maserati dealerships, how many of us have 'purchased' the 2 yr CPO for about 3000$ plus whatever parts are needed. According to MNA, they should not(?) be charging for this.....
xrad is offline  
post #84 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 05:44 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle
Maserati Life Posts: 149
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad View Post
Since you quoted my quote, I suspect your are responding only to it. Did you even read my earlier posts? Cafax /vin history reports costs 12-20$. I bought my last GTS from Maser dealer and I still checked the carfax. It's a USED CAR. It will always have a history, some good , some bad.

Good luck trying to prove that the dealer knew or did not know the history. And YES, I don't care who you are(and it does not matter if you sell cars to presidents), I will always check a USED vehicle's record just because I don't want to get ripped off. Seems so simple....

I have a friend that owns several dealerships. His goal is to make money, sell product, do deals, and also treat his customers well...so that they can sell cars, move product and do deals. 'Honesty' is buried in there somewhere....

And as for Maserati dealerships, how many of us have 'purchased' the 2 yr CPO for about 3000$ plus whatever parts are needed. According to MNA, they should not(?) be charging for this.....
I don't mind paying for CPO since it comes with an extended warranty. I'm just paying for piece of mind - seems like a reasonable deal to me. Even if this is not an extra charge when buying other brand cars, I think it's not unreasonable to charge for the extended warranty for this type of car.

Bit of a bummer for the OP though. If his car was CPO, there is an assumed level of integrity that comes with it - especially since these cars can only be certified by Maserati dealerships - no 3rd party warranties available. That implies that Maserati will stand behind the quality of the transaction, even if they are not legally bound to do so.

Good intentions may not be legally enforceable, but they are important to the brand...

As always, it's very hard for us on the internet to judge who's right and wrong. If the PO made a mistake, then suck it up . If the dealer is just being shady, recourse is through MNA. If the dealer did something that will stand up in civil court, get a lawyer.

Interestingly, my carfax report states:

Thinc2 is offline  
post #85 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 05:54 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Maserati Life Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
i think we need to debate an important point here because being taken seems to be an accepted fact for some people. It happens yes but it does not mean one has to lay down as inevitable.
Going beyond the OP post I think as consumers, we should not accept information withdrawal for good or bad reason from a dealership selling his own brand.

There are used car salesmen to make a buck and then there are dealerships selling used car of the brand they represent. The dealership is the seller and represent the brand formally and is the professional in this deal.
In my job, professional ignorance in what we do is not an excuse to prove ourselves right but rather one to be fired or as they say, "take a leave to focus on family matters".

It does not matter how many accident statistics they are. It does not matter if the car being sold has been in an accident. What matters is to get the story straight to the customer who trust that seller because of the dealership status.

I understand that one should always check the cars history. I do, always. However, one also need to understand that some people have limited time for details and rather would trust certain sources and do only business with them because of an implied trust.
Being a dealership representing a Brand brings an implied trust. I would expect a Maserati or a Honda dealer to hold that trust very high and the brand to back that customer trust. If not, all we have is some high end used car outfits. What is the point of buying at dealerships then if it is not to be told the story of the car as it is?
I expect dealerships to charge a premium for that security/trust as well.

I don't know how things are handled in some part of the country but I can tell you that dealerships I dealt with have a very high standard where I am and I never heard of that kind of stories or they would go out of business quickly. Exotics owners is a small community.

In addition, I was not trying to be elitist there, it does not matter if it is a Honda or else. The fact is the more expensive the car, the better service you would expect, just like for clothing. You would think there is a service step up between Walmart and Armani even so the product should function as it should in both cases.

All I am saying is that i expect 100% professionalism in any dealerships and there are no excuses or blames to put on the purchaser that got taken by a dealership selling his brand.
countachqv is offline  
post #86 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 06:46 PM
 
Gasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Eastvale
Maserati Life Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Hi guys,

I've been reading this thread and a bit surprise to find out a couple things like:

A.) Didn't know there are a few people in the car business here. I too am in the car business, 20+ years and currently work for a Maserati dealer

B.) Shocked by fellow colleagues that believe the OP should just lay down and chalk it up as a learning experience.

C.) If the email from Maserati is real, I'm really shocked because as a former car manufacturer exec (not Maserati) and especially on a car that's CPO'd, this is not normal practice regardless if the dealer is private or not.

I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions and our beliefs.

In California there are laws against such practices and I'm sure these laws pertain to other states as well but this is easily settled by obtaining a lawyer which I'm glad the OP has done.

Now, regarding Carfax and I'm not defending the dealership here so please don't insinuate otherwise however sometimes Carfax takes a while to report things on their end. I remember a few years ago I was going to purchase a used Lotus from a client who had indicated the car had been in an accident where insurance was involved and that the incident happened a few years ago but when I pulled the Carfax report, nothing and it wasn't the first time I experienced this but again, I'm not saying this is the case with this dealer.

Anyways, hope all gets resolved soon enough.




Ciao!
Gasso is offline  
post #87 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 07:07 PM
 
LG GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago Burbs
Maserati Life Posts: 235
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasso View Post
Now, regarding Carfax and I'm not defending the dealership here so please don't insinuate otherwise however sometimes Carfax takes a while to report things on their end. I remember a few years ago I was going to purchase a used Lotus from a client who had indicated the car had been in an accident where insurance was involved and that the incident happened a few years ago but when I pulled the Carfax report, nothing and it wasn't the first time I experienced this but again, I'm not saying this is the case with this dealer.
Hi Gasso - thanks for your insight. I wondered about the timing in which Carfax receives their information and it is a bit scary to hear that it could take a few years.

2012 GranTurismo Sport Cabrio Black/Black
2009 Aston Martin DBS, 6 speed manual, lightning silver/black
LG GT is offline  
post #88 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 07:34 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Houston
Maserati Life Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Which is reason why you should also pull an Autocheck report as well and compare. A lot of folks in the car business prefer Autocheck because the information is updated more frequently than Carfax.
flexx91 is offline  
post #89 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 07:47 PM
ZZJ
 
ZZJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Boston
Maserati Life Posts: 278
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I got hit in the left front fender one year ago and use other's insurance (since it's her fault to hit me) to replace the fender, one headlight, a front left wheel and tire etc (cost $13,000). Although the damage is purely cosmetic and I even used the Ferrari/Maserati dealer to fix the car. The only record I can found on the Carfax is something like wheel/tire rotated/balanced at the end of repair process. I'm not complaining but just to point out sometimes even the carfax is not 100% accurate.
ZZJ is offline  
post #90 of 129 Old 03-20-2016, 07:57 PM

InnerCircle
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Maserati Life Posts: 300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Carfax (as well as other vin search companies)gets its info from multiple sources, some it has to pay for. Some info it can't get such as when an insurance company does not release information. Even so, it is worth obtaining prior to buying a used vehicle if you are concerned about value and safety.

I had a CL63amg and it had every dealer service up to date on the carfax. I have owned an insurance claim accident vehicle and the data was not on carfax. All my vehicles' title changes were on carfax. I think the only guarantee carfax makes(shown above) is that if the data is in motor vehicles, they will have it too. Otherwise, there is a chance it is not on there.

But, I think the OP stated that his car had major accident in 2013. From his posts, I don't think he was given or obtained a carfax prior to sale. But, the crash info was on there when he checked. It is highly likely that this car was obtained at dealer auction or trade in for a low price by the current dealer. The car may have floated from dealer to dealer without being titled. then, resold at 'non' accident value. So this may be the obvious basis for concealment and fraud by the current dealer. Should not be too hard to trace the vin history....
xrad is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome