Maserati Forum banner

2015 GTS adding NaviPlus Back up Camera with CarPlay

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jimmy912 
#1 ·
History 2 weeks ago:
After researching backup cameras and deciding if I wanted to try a DIY install, I came to the conclusion I don’t have the electronic skill set or patience for a DIY. I did view a UTube video install on a 2010 GTS by Monney. So I inquired with Monney Audio in Redwood City California about a installation. I spoke with the owner and he indicated that they have installed over a dozen camera backup Navi units. He also asked if I wanted ApplePlay, and I said “Sure why not!” I’m scheduled for the install week after next and I’ll post video and photos along the way. Cost...since he already charged my credit card is $2100. I believe it’s worth every penny, since I let my wife drive my car. More to come!

Update: I dropped off my car this morning. Their shop is very clean and organized. A lot of cars getting work performed. I took
Some video and photos of the product going into my car.
Hoping to get it back Thursday morning.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I did a surprise drop in to see my car and was happy on the progress. Very happy to say the work and the installers were organized. I’ll be posting videos on UTube when I have more time but here are some pics. I’ll be picking up my car tomorrow at 11:30am, 2-day turn around.
But I’ll have my final report and video after some use in different parking applications.

Will it feel like an OEM back up camera?

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Just picked up my car and I’m very pleased with the outcome. The Apple CarPlay controls are located at the drivers seat area. The backup camera is a must for any car...and to make the wifey happy! I’ll post more pics and Utube videos when I get a chance.

Attachments

#7 ·
The Apple CarPlay:
1. Screen button went on the inside lower area by gear shifter.
2. The scroll knob and back button was located near the drivers side right knee.
3. The audio/USB connection cord is also near the drivers side right knee.

Attachments

#9 ·
My original intent was the backup camera...demanded by my wife. Apple CarPlay was a last minute add since I have it in my 2020 SQ5 Audi. BTW I still don’t know how to get it to work.

The touch screen was an additional $1k, at that point I envisioned myself driving 100mph on the freeway and using the touch screen to look for a photo....No touch screen needed.

#10 ·
The touch screen was an additional $1k, at that point I envisioned myself driving 100mph on the freeway and using the touch screen to look for a photo....No touch screen needed.

That's really strange, I've never heard of the touch screen being an extra-cost option for the NaviPlus for Maserati. The "touch screen" is just a touch-sensitive layer placed above the existing LCD screen so it should not be expensive at all.

#12 ·
I had the Naviplus installed earlier this year. What I really like about it is that it keeps everything looking stock while giving you the nice convenience of having Apple Carplay.

The touch screen interface was included with the kit. There shouldn't be an extra charge for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.