25mm rear spacers with 285 tires or 295 tires? - Maserati Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Maserati Life Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
25mm rear spacers with 285 tires or 295 tires?

It seems that the 25mm spacer is unanimously agreed on (for the most part). Those of you running the 25mm spacers, are you on stock tires in 285, or is anyone running 25mm with 295 tires?
Purduephigam is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-09-2019, 12:35 AM
 
RobP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Maserati Life Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Not quite the same, but I just put 22mm spacers on front (recommended for the stock 245s) with my new 255's. I was worried they might stick out too far, but they look just fine. I have 25mm on back with my stock 285's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-30 19.50.36.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	123735  
RobP is online now  
Old 07-09-2019, 04:12 AM
 
tasnam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Either in Belgrade or Scarborough, Maine
Maserati Life Posts: 611
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Garage
Oh man now you have got me back to thinking about putting spacers on.....I was past this.....I REALLY need to see the before and after in real time as pic make it hard for me to see the difference.....Looks good....2018?



Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale
tasnam is offline  
 
Old 07-09-2019, 05:12 AM
 
Join Date: May 2014
Maserati Life Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I have 25/30mm spacers on my GTS with 245/35R20 and 285/35R20 tyres and Formula Dynamics sport springs on mine. No rubbing. Looks great.
18000rpm is offline  
Old 07-09-2019, 06:38 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Slovenia
Maserati Life Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have 22/25 mm spacers with stock tires. Car really looks much much better with spacer than stock. I was also thinking quite some time to put them or not, but when mounted I was really happy with new looks. However, my wife said "I don't see any difference" .
So tasnam my advice would be...stop thinking and put them on...you'll be happy
White tiger is offline  
Old 07-09-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Maserati Life Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Here's the twist:

My car is currently at the shop (recently purchased, and getting new wheels on along with FD spring install, alignment, paint correction and ceramic coating).

The rear offset is 25mm (10" wheel) and I'm running 295 tires. According to the wheel offset calculator with a 15mm spacer, it should come out to just about the equivalent as the stock folks running a 25-30mm spacer in the rear. Mathematically it makes sense, but the photos he sent me almost look like a 20-25mm spacer would be necessary. At this point I'd rather just have them put the 15mm spacers they have in stock on the car and if I don't like it, swap out for 20+ later at home. It's been there over a week already and I'm getting antsy.

Last edited by Purduephigam; 07-09-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Purduephigam is online now  
Old 07-09-2019, 11:10 AM
 
RobP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Maserati Life Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnam View Post
Oh man now you have got me back to thinking about putting spacers on.....I was past this.....I REALLY need to see the before and after in real time as pic make it hard for me to see the difference.....Looks good....2018?
Yes 2018. You won't be disappointed with a set of spacers, they really look great!!
RobP is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Maserati Life Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purduephigam View Post
Here's the twist:

My car is currently at the shop (recently purchased, and getting new wheels on along with FD spring install, alignment, paint correction and ceramic coating).

The rear offset is 25mm (10" wheel) and I'm running 295 tires. According to the wheel offset calculator with a 15mm spacer, it should come out to just about the equivalent as the stock folks running a 25-30mm spacer in the rear. Mathematically it makes sense, but the photos he sent me almost look like a 20-25mm spacer would be necessary. At this point I'd rather just have them put the 15mm spacers they have in stock on the car and if I don't like it, swap out for 20+ later at home. It's been there over a week already and I'm getting antsy.

Anyone? I'll be talking to Formula Dynamics about this for more insight, but may just need to rely on a couple straight edges to give me a better idea.
Purduephigam is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 05:08 PM
 
timado404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ATL
Maserati Life Posts: 298
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purduephigam View Post
It seems that the 25mm spacer is unanimously agreed on (for the most part). Those of you running the 25mm spacers, are you on stock tires in 285, or is anyone running 25mm with 295 tires?
I'm running Michelin Pilot's on the rear, 295's which are 10mm wider than the stock 285's so I went with a 15mm FD spacer on the rear. With my 22mm FD spacers up front, all wheels are exactly flush with the fenders....

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
timado404 is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Maserati Life Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Anyone happen to know the torque specs for the spacers? I told the shop to forget the H&R spacers, and just picked up some from Formula Dynamics. Looking to do the installs this weekend if they come!
Purduephigam is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 07:43 PM
 
timado404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ATL
Maserati Life Posts: 298
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purduephigam View Post
Anyone happen to know the torque specs for the spacers? I told the shop to forget the H&R spacers, and just picked up some from Formula Dynamics. Looking to do the installs this weekend if they come!
75 ft-lbs. should be fine...

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
timado404 is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Maserati Life Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hmmm, I just talked to a sales rep at FD and he said 90-95 ft-lb. Anyone else weigh in?
Purduephigam is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:54 PM
 
timado404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ATL
Maserati Life Posts: 298
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purduephigam View Post
Hmmm, I just talked to a sales rep at FD and he said 90-95 ft-lb. Anyone else weigh in?
That's a tad high, but what do i know...
The wheel studs are as follows:

6.00.013 RH. FRONT WHEEL STUD TORQUE: 98 Nm (from the 2014 GT shop manual)

roughly 72 ft-lbs

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
timado404 is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Maserati Life Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timado404 View Post
That's a tad high, but what do i know...
After doing some digging it looks like spacers are 75, whereas the wheel lugs are 95 ft-lb.
Purduephigam is online now  
Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 AM
 
tasnam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Either in Belgrade or Scarborough, Maine
Maserati Life Posts: 611
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timado404 View Post
I'm running Michelin Pilot's on the rear, 295's which are 10mm wider than the stock 285's so I went with a 15mm FD spacer on the rear. With my 22mm FD spacers up front, all wheels are exactly flush with the fenders....

timado404 -
I am looking to do the EXACT same spec...10mm wider in the rear than stock...can you please post a few detailed pics? Would really appreciate it - I actually wanted to buy all of this tomorrow as I am off.



Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale
tasnam is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









User Tag List

Thread Tools



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome