Maserati Forum banner

New owner 2015 GranTurmiso Sport

7K views 53 replies 13 participants last post by  oseto 
#1 · (Edited)
From my recent posts I was in the market for a 2016 GTS but it didn’t work out. Good thing because I purchased this awesome machine.
2015 Maserati GranTurmiso Sport with 16,110 miles...and I absolutely love it! It still has the factory warranty until the end of the year.
The dealership is located in Burlingame California and they were fantastic.
Things to look for:
-It had only one key but it did have the Key Code card.
-Expect a stiff ride as it has a race car pedigree...comparing it to my 2019 SQ5 Audi.
-You have to get use to using a key to start the car.
-The Seating positions are surprisingly
comfortable but feels like you’re in a proper touring race car.

I wasn’t able find any local Maserati groups but I did contact the NorCal Ferrari Owners Club and they’ve invited me to join.

The car is home in San Francisco in a two car garage. I’ll be posting more and making videos.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
We’re planning a Napa drive in two weeks and wanted a true complete General Service on my GTS. I visited a local Ferrari Maserati mechanic shop in SF. I’ve known about this place for a long time, passing by over the years and admiring the Ferraris and Maseratis. After talking with the owner I did not feel completely comfortable. This is not a negative review but my opinion and more of a feel. Although they seemed to know their stuff the cost seemed high and I was not able to get a full inventory of what’s included in a General Service. I went to Maserati of Marin for service. I’ll report back but my last few encounters with these guys have been terrific. I’ve already budgeted ~$12k towards any required services and or any repairs that would make me comfortable knowing my GTS is reliable...like new tires. This forum and input from local Maserati owners have been a great help. FYI: The dealership service cost was 50% less than what the local indie Ferrari mechanic was going to charge me...WTF?!
Not a plug but this guy at Maserati of Marin Service has been great.

Attachments

#13 ·
Picked up my GTS around 4pm. Maserati of Marin is going to be my go to place for service. Very impressed with their staff and services. I’ve attached a list of the services performed for the 12k. Yes it’s under warranty but since I’m the second owner, I want reliability and don’t mind spending the $ to have confidence in my ride. The car is perfect but they did recommend an alignment in the near future.

Attachments

#17 ·
Update: After researching backup cameras and deciding if I wanted to try a DIY install, I came to the conclusion I don’t have the electronic skill set or patience for a DIY. I did view a UTube video install on a 2010 GTS by Monney. So I inquired with Monney Audio in Redwood City California about a installation. I spoke with the owner and he indicated that they have installed over a dozen camera backup Navi units. He also asked if I wanted ApplePlay, and I said “Sure why not!”
I’m scheduled for the install week after next and I’ll post video and photos along the way. Cost...since he already charged my credit card is $2100. I believe it’s worth every penny, since I let my wife drive my car.
More to come!

#23 ·
As I mentioned I’ve budgeted a certain amount of money for unexpected expenses...yes I still have the factory warranty but this happened yesterday. ASR traction failure and ESC suspension failure alert light came on and indicates see dealer. I was able to drive the car but I had to manually shift even in automatic. Immediately called Maserati of Marin. They said bring it in. I called Maserati roadside and they picked up my car this morning. I expected that the car might have some issues that need to be worked on.
I’ll report back but on what happens and what’s not covered under warranty.

Attachments

#24 ·
Well I got a call this afternoon from the service dept.

1) They are going to fix the access panel underneath the drivers side knee, the little tabs broke...not sure if this is common but the part won’t be in until Friday.
2) The service techs did not find any error codes. They drove the car around but were unable to replicate. The ASR and ESC failure dash lights did not come on. They checked all of the wheel sensors and wires plus shocks and did not find any issues. They’re going to try again tomorrow but not sure if this was a gremlin? They also viewed my video showing the two error lights. My only thought was, my car was sitting outside under a car cover for 3 days, could this have been a factor?

Any guesses?

#27 ·
I thought it might be battery related. Will have to monitor over the next couple of months since I’ll be traveling. I have to admit, I really appreciate when a towing company deals with a lot of sports/exotic cars, Mill Valley Tow new his shet!

Attachments

#28 ·
You can get a Ctek from Amazon without a warranty or buy directly with a warranty for about 25% more. Get the right diameter connector for the battery then you just run the cable out the trunk. I would first try the recondition function on the old battery. The manual says you can do multiple recondition cycle in a short amount of time but overall you shouldnt do it too often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.