Nice sale on Pennzoil 5W-40 Platinum Euro Spec Full Synthetic - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-21-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Red face Nice sale on Pennzoil 5W-40 Platinum Euro Spec Full Synthetic

Picked up 5 bottles of 5W-40 Pennzoil Platinum Euro Full Synthetic at Advance Auto Parts today usually 9.99 on sale for 5.79 plus it came with a $15 Pennzoil Platinum rebate.

So about 15 bucks for 5 quarts, not bad. Even without the rebate, $28 is still good. Will probably go back and pick up 10 quarts for next year's oil change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-22-2019, 04:06 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
At my local store it's still $9.99. Where is your store? Do they ship? Even if they don't, if I could get an ad showing the sale price, maybe my store will price match.
post #3 of 16 Old 05-22-2019, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissthebricksdad View Post
At my local store it's still $9.99. Where is your store? Do they ship? Even if they don't, if I could get an ad showing the sale price, maybe my store will price match.
Try the online circular link:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/o/aap-flyer

Select the May Online Flyer. I'm in South Florida, but changed my home store to Virginia and the same flyer showed up. This flyer is what the cashier pointed to when I asked why it was on sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aaflyermay.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	122959  

post #4 of 16 Old 05-22-2019, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Here's a copy of my receipt with the part numbers and store if that can help you get in on this deal!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	receipt.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	122961  
post #5 of 16 Old 05-22-2019, 02:18 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 45
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Doesn't oil lose its viscosity over time, even sitting in a bottle? I'd pick some up but considering I just changed the oil, I'm not sure it's the best idea to keep oil sitting around for that long.
post #6 of 16 Old 05-22-2019, 05:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
i just stopped by my local store (Omaha) and purchased 5 of the 8 quarts they had. The sale price was valid at checkout despite not showing as part of the sale on their website; plus the $15 rebate. They told me to go to another store if i wanted 5 more.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-22-2019, 07:28 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 67
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Umm I dont see "platinum euro" on that ad. Just "synthetic high mileage" and "conventional" pennzoil. The rebate is for "platinum full synthetic". So it may depend on the individual store or clerk to get the savings. I'm gonna check my local store.

On a side note, every once in a while its on sale at napa auto parts for $6.99 a quart.

2011 Quattroporte S, 1987 425i biturbo
post #8 of 16 Old 05-23-2019, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fromtheCouve View Post
Umm I dont see "platinum euro" on that ad. Just "synthetic high mileage" and "conventional" pennzoil. The rebate is for "platinum full synthetic". So it may depend on the individual store or clerk to get the savings. I'm gonna check my local store.

On a side note, every once in a while its on sale at napa auto parts for $6.99 a quart.

It's on the rebate receipt that they gave me - you can submit online in 2 minutes using the offer and event codes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	plateurorebatereceipt.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	122983  
post #9 of 16 Old 05-23-2019, 07:43 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 662
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
hmmm, I don't see it in the ad (only a bundle with filter). I also tried your store and it shows up $9.99 too. maybe I'll swing by my store (San Jose, CA) to see if they have it and if they'll honor your price.

post #10 of 16 Old 05-23-2019, 09:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 67
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
IT WORKED!
So I went to my local store, they didn't have on the shelf but had it in the back. I asked if it qualifies for the discount, he said yes. Rings me up then I ask about the rebate and he says thats only good if I get a k&n oil filter... so I get one for my motorhome only $8... then the computer lowers the price some more to $4.92 a quart!!

I'm gonna get 5 more tomorrow. Funny thing is on the rebate form it doesn't say anything about the k&n oil filter requirement.

2011 Quattroporte S, 1987 425i biturbo
post #11 of 16 Old 05-24-2019, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronE View Post
hmmm, I don't see it in the ad (only a bundle with filter). I also tried your store and it shows up $9.99 too. maybe I'll swing by my store (San Jose, CA) to see if they have it and if they'll honor your price.
Looks like an in-store promotion only. I would have used that online 20% coupon code they give out to every online order if that wasn't the case!
post #12 of 16 Old 05-24-2019, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertonesx24 View Post
Doesn't oil lose its viscosity over time, even sitting in a bottle? I'd pick some up but considering I just changed the oil, I'm not sure it's the best idea to keep oil sitting around for that long.
You know that's a valid question. I thought motor oil was good for years if kept at a constant room temperature. I emailed Pennzoil customer service for an answer, will let you know what they say about it.

According to Pennzoil web site FAQ: https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/servi...ellow-faq.html

All Pennzoil motor oils can have a shelf-life of up to four years if stored properly and it is not necessary to shake the motor oil bottle before dispensing. Our formulations are carefully balanced so that the additives stay suspended within the motor oil. You can contact the Pennzoil helpline (1-800-BESTOIL) if you wish to identify the date of when your purchase was bottled.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-02-2019, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Picked up the Ferrari oil filter today at local Maserati Dealer. $47 + tax.
post #14 of 16 Old 06-02-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
You know that's a valid question. I thought motor oil was good for years if kept at a constant room temperature. I emailed Pennzoil customer service for an answer, will let you know what they say about it.

According to Pennzoil web site FAQ: https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/servi...ellow-faq.html

All Pennzoil motor oils can have a shelf-life of up to four years if stored properly and it is not necessary to shake the motor oil bottle before dispensing. Our formulations are carefully balanced so that the additives stay suspended within the motor oil. You can contact the Pennzoil helpline (1-800-BESTOIL) if you wish to identify the date of when your purchase was bottled.

[email protected] <[email protected]> Fri, May 24, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Hi Ron,

Thank you for using Pennzoil!

The recommended shelf life for our (unopened) motor oils is 4 years from the manufacturing date on the container; storing it indoors is ideal, just keep it away from moisture and extreme temperatures.

Best regards,

Aly Tuńgol

Shell Technical Information

1-800-237-8645 (Option 3, 1)

Lubricant answers on demand at www.lubechat.com.

Safety and technical data sheets: www.epc.shell.com.

Distributor locator: https://www.shell.us/business-custom...r-locator.html.
post #15 of 16 Old 06-02-2019, 01:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 576
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Garage
Picked mine up on Thursday!

Is this special only for May or June as well?

Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode