Anyone use QuickJack on their GT? - Page 2 - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 32 Old 05-22-2019, 11:48 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Update,

Looks like quickjack has an extension kit available for $225 (though they are out of stock right now). looks like they are about 1.5" tall, i'm going to need to measure to make sure i can fit it under the car, i know the regular quickjack will, but the added height of the extension may make it too tall.
In the mean time, if anyone has any useful input on my previous post, please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 Old 05-22-2019, 01:49 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 452
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronE View Post
yep yep, something like that is what I was thinking about. I was looking at ones with a little more capacity (for the GL and Cayenne) but I especially like that the one you listed doesn't have a floor plate to drive over between the columns...
This one is better than the Maxjax, same concept, but it has 7000 lb capacity, and lifts 72". How high are the ceilings in your garage?

https://www.eautotools.com/Triumph-C...shoppingengine

06 GS //Larini Headers, Larini midpipes, Larini valved rear boxes, FD ECU, FD DBW, BMC.

02 Coupe GT //Kreissieg V1, Evoms tune

Lotus Evora 400 //Komo-Tec 460HP

Porsche Cayenne Turbo //EVOMS GT700 Package with alcohol injection 700+ hp//
post #18 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 04:41 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 62
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmase View Post
I have the quickjack BL-5000SLX, that i bought a few years back, worked great on my BMW when i had it, also works great on my wifes Q5...now that i have a GT i found that they are too short (I didn't get the XL version because i had no need back then). Does anyone know if theres an alternate lift point towards the front or back? basically if i put the front lift point in its normal spot, is there some part of the underbody that i can put the back pad (about 6" further forward) on that isn't the standard lift point that won't hurt anything? Alternately i could place the rear lift pad in the correct spot, is there something (about 6" further rearward) that i could use instead of the standard one at the front?
I really hate using regular jacks and stands...

Thanks,
George
You can easily align the jack points if you place the jacks perpendicular to wheel base. Just make sure you have both going in the same direction. Alternatively, previous poster said he angled the jacks to fit the jack points. I know the manual states not to do that, but if it works...

post #19 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444bullett View Post
You can easily align the jack points if you place the jacks perpendicular to wheel base. Just make sure you have both going in the same direction. Alternatively, previous poster said he angled the jacks to fit the jack points. I know the manual states not to do that, but if it works...
awesome, never thought to put them perpendicular, i'll check it out
post #20 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
This is what I'm installing in my garage this September:

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/fo...-lifts/hd-9st/
post #21 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennz View Post
This is what I'm installing in my garage this September:

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/fo...-lifts/hd-9st/
Those are awesome for storage, doesn't get any better (well the single post version is pretty cool) as long as you don't plan to use it to work on the car, or at least anything that requires having the wheels off.

06 GS //Larini Headers, Larini midpipes, Larini valved rear boxes, FD ECU, FD DBW, BMC.

post #22 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 09:52 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 311
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quickjack Sideways Caution

Quote:
awesome, never thought to put them perpendicular, i'll check it out
I can’t find it now but there was a Utube Video where a guy positioned the jacks sideways. Everything worked pretty well until he let the car down. It seams he had way more of the total vehicle weight on the front jack than the rear and when he hit the down button the front end came crashing to the ground first. This would not be good for say a GT Sport cowling.

Reminded me of the series “Jackass”. Just be careful out there and think this stuff through.

2013 GT Conv Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior
2007 QP Exec. Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior (Gone)
1967 Jaguar Roadster (long gone)
1968 Fiat 850 Spider (pure fun)
1960 Austin Healy 3000 (Last of the Hungry Ones)
post #23 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 10:24 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 62
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynabar View Post
I can’t find it now but there was a Utube Video where a guy positioned the jacks sideways. Everything worked pretty well until he let the car down. It seams he had way more of the total vehicle weight on the front jack than the rear and when he hit the down button the front end came crashing to the ground first. This would not be good for say a GT Sport cowling.

Reminded me of the series “Jackass”. Just be careful out there and think this stuff through.
The front end does not come crashing down, but there can be a severe tilt if you stop anywhere between the floor and the safety stops. There are two positions where the locking mechanism will prevent the vehicle from tilting. Also when you are ready to drop the vehicle, you need to lift the vehicle up and then keep the "down" button depressed until the vehicle is fully on the ground. Stop anywhere in the middle and the weight of the engine will cause the nose to tip downward. There is no sudden drop. Works perfectly fine if you follow directions.
post #24 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 10:48 PM

I have to load my 911 sideways like that because it has a wonky CG. It can be quite nerve-racking to say the least. (pardon the pun)

post #25 of 32 Old 05-23-2019, 11:31 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 89
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronE View Post
my not so "quick jack"

needless to say, I've been meaning to install a 2-post lift in my garage...
Ha ha thats great.
FYI this place has 2 post lifts for not much more than a quick jack. Shipping is more but they have warehouses in the US where you can pick them up.
https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-9KOHX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_163035_1558654266955.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	122991  

2011 Quattroporte S, 1987 425i biturbo
post #26 of 32 Old 05-24-2019, 05:36 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I have the quickjack BL-5000SLX, that i bought a few years back, worked great on my BMW when i had it, also works great on my wifes Q5...now that i have a GT i found that they are too short (I didn't get the XL version because i had no need back then). Does anyone know if theres an alternate lift point towards the front or back? basically if i put the front lift point in its normal spot, is there some part of the underbody that i can put the back pad (about 6" further forward) on that isn't the standard lift point that won't hurt anything? Alternately i could place the rear lift pad in the correct spot, is there something (about 6" further rearward) that i could use instead of the standard one at the front?
I really hate using regular jacks and stands...

Thanks,
George
Hey George I have the BL-5000SLX also for my 2013 GTS and works perfect. It hits all 4 lifting points and clears the rockers. No problem length wise. I just use the tall blocks and angle them so the corners of the blocks are hiting the small lift points. Works awesome. Robin
post #27 of 32 Old 05-24-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Elliott View Post
Hey George I have the BL-5000SLX also for my 2013 GTS and works perfect. It hits all 4 lifting points and clears the rockers. No problem length wise. I just use the tall blocks and angle them so the corners of the blocks are hiting the small lift points. Works awesome. Robin
Which are the small lift points? the only ones i know if are the ones with the holes.... can you take a picture?
post #28 of 32 Old 05-24-2019, 02:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 681
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fromtheCouve View Post
Ha ha thats great.
FYI this place has 2 post lifts for not much more than a quick jack. Shipping is more but they have warehouses in the US where you can pick them up.
https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-9KOHX

I'd looked at those (and a Triumph(?) one) before -- they look pretty good. And yeah, shopping adds $350, but this one includes freight and has a lower column height (9' instead of 11') while still lifting 6':

https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/A...ty-2-Post-Lift
post #29 of 32 Old 05-24-2019, 02:48 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Which are the small lift points? the only ones i know if are the ones with the holes.... can you take a picture?
Yes the small lift points with the holes, I will post a picture this weekend (tomorrow or Sunday), Plan on doing some detailing and getting it in the air.
post #30 of 32 Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 59
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Elliott View Post
Yes the small lift points with the holes, I will post a picture this weekend (tomorrow or Sunday), Plan on doing some detailing and getting it in the air.
Any updates?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List