LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Unread Today, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Auditing Your Pre Owned Maserati

Buying any used car has its risks but buying a used Maserati is definitely risky. We do our best due diligence but when the deal is done, thatís when we really need to know what we have. If you have a trusted mechanic, great but if you donít, youíre on your own (YOYO). Carfax is at best a hint to what service may have been done but not proof. You need to know what was done and the only way to know for sure is to check it yourself.

This is my opinion: 1st we need to establish a base line for each of the key component, engine, suspension, brakes, etc.

If youíre going to do this yourself, you need a good diagnostic tool, I recommend an Autel MaxiTPMS TS608 ($575 Amazon) at a minimum! and at least a QuickJack XL lift ($1,300) also a brake fluid tester ($7 Amazon). With these tools you can check all the key components of your car and know, for your self, exactly what was and wasnít done. When you pay for a service that wasnít done itís known as a ďWall JobĒ. Iíve had this happen so Iíve learned to trust but verify.

YOYO

2013 GT Conv Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior
2007 QP Exec. Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior (Gone)
1967 Jaguar Roadster (long gone)
1968 Fiat 850 Spider (pure fun)
1960 Austin Healy 3000 (Last of the Hungry Ones)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread Today, 06:43 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 215
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Purchased my 2014 GT in Kentucky, but the car spent it's life in California.... Walnut Creek to be exact. So, I called the service department in Walnut Creek, asked the service manager if he minded 'going over the books' with me. After being informed over the phone that my request was very unusual, I decided to take a trip to Cali.... it had been a while since I had gone west so this was the perfect excuse! At the cost of a good steak at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse, I was bestowed a bevy of wonderful information which was the deciding factor in me purchasing my GT. Well worth the trip, to me.....

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sport
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 12:44 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 310
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Garage
Cynabar, Good post and well thought-out. I'd also like to add that having a car bestowed with a "Maserati Certified Pre-Owned" warranty does NOT mean that the car has been rigorously maintained nor does it mean that the car has been thoroughly looked at by a Maserati dealership. It simply means that a Maserati dealership has labeled the car as being "certified pre-owned" and that, in theory, the car will be covered after it passes its original factory warranty. The list of items not covered by the Maserati certified pre-owned program is nearly endless, and Maserati will find a way to deny virtually all warranty claims. The warranty program doesn't cover "wear items" and evidently, Maserati believes that almost every component on the car is a wear item. They wouldn't cover the broken outside mirror switch on my car...claiming it's a wear item. They wouldn't cover the leaking valve cover gaskets (car has 21000 miles on it)...claiming they are a wear item. I could go on and on, but I won't bore you. If you ever do have to take your car to the dealership in San Antonio, ask to have Erin as your service advisor. She's fantastic to work with and she's gone to bat against Maserati for me several times, although I've lost every time. With Maserati, it truly is BUYER BEWARE. I love the car...absolutely HATE Maserati.

2013 GT Conv Bordeaux Pontevecchio & Cuoio interior
2019 RAM 1500
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List