Lease Return Excess Wear - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-24-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lease Return Excess Wear

I’m about to come to the end of my relationship with Maserati at the end of June. Does anyone know what is allowed and not allowed for excessive wear with JP Morgan Chase Lease returns?

mymaseraticapitalusa states:

We will not charge you for the first $1,000 in wear and use
Your Maserati can be pre-inspected for any excess wear and use before you turn it in to your local*dealer. This allows you to get an estimate of the wear and use on your Granturism so you know what to expect and can make repairs, if you choose. The pre-inspection is complimentary and available near the final month of your lease. Whether or not you have your Maserati pre-inspected, we will be inspecting your car after turn in and will provide the amount of the unrepaired charges on the End of Term Lease Bill.
You are only billed for wear and use to your Maserati exceeding $1,000. You will not be billed for wear and use to your Maserati if the total amount is under $1,000. Tires and missing parts are excluded, meaning you are billed for all damage or excess wear to tires (including where the tread is less than 1/8th of an inch at the tire’s lowest point) and for any missing parts, even if less than $1,000.

I have a small 1 1/2 inch scratch on the rear bumper a 1” curb rash on the rear wheel. Wondering if I should get these repaired 3rd party before the inspection or will they be considered within the “first $1,000”.
ODO is about 7K below what is allowed…..

What are have other members experienced? and how much did you have to pay in addition when returning?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7780.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	122425  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-25-2019, 03:38 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 24
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I just turned my 2015 QP in at the dealer last Saturday. It was an Ally lease. About two weeks before I had a complimentary inspection done. All checked out ok. My rear tires were almost slick so I found a used set on EBay for $125 and had them put on berfore comp inspection. You can go to Ally's website, assuming yors is an Ally lease, and there is detailed info along with a thing you can print off called a cube or might be a square. Something like that. It has a couple holes in it and if a scratch or ding is larger than the hole, it is a no go. It also has a debth guage fir 1/8th inch to stick in tread of tires. If it were me I would get some rubbing compound from WalMart and work on the bumper scratch a bit. I also had a couple small marks on two of the wheels but they fit in the circle on the square. I also had quiet a few rock chips, but again, fit in the circle. That is normal wear. I hav not gotten any reply from Ally yet but it is mu understanding Ally will send an inspector to the dealership. I do know that normal wear is acceptable. It is not supposed to be a new car. My car was black and it had swirl marks and the paint is in need of a good paint correction. I think in a lot of cases the dealership will actually buy the car from the leasing company and have a complete detail with rock chips fixed and total paint correction. Good luck and I am keeping my fingers crossed they don't come back and want more money. I have leased several cars before but never a high end like Maseriti. I just leased a new 2018 Granturismo Sport in white. Maserati is now using Citi for leases. Good luck!

2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport
2017 BMW X5
1995 Ford F150

2015 Maserati QP - Lease ended

"A Culture Cultivates What It Honors" - Plato 300BC
post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2019, 03:55 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 240
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Graham View Post
I just turned my 2015 QP in at the dealer last Saturday. It was an Ally lease. About two weeks before I had a complimentary inspection done. All checked out ok. My rear tires were almost slick so I found a used set on EBay for $125 and had them put on berfore comp inspection. You can go to Ally's website, assuming yors is an Ally lease, and there is detailed info along with a thing you can print off called a cube or might be a square. Something like that. It has a couple holes in it and if a scratch or ding is larger than the hole, it is a no go. It also has a debth guage fir 1/8th inch to stick in tread of tires. If it were me I would get some rubbing compound from WalMart and work on the bumper scratch a bit. I also had a couple small marks on two of the wheels but they fit in the circle on the square. I also had quiet a few rock chips, but again, fit in the circle. That is normal wear. I hav not gotten any reply from Ally yet but it is mu understanding Ally will send an inspector to the dealership. I do know that normal wear is acceptable. It is not supposed to be a new car. My car was black and it had swirl marks and the paint is in need of a good paint correction. I think in a lot of cases the dealership will actually buy the car from the leasing company and have a complete detail with rock chips fixed and total paint correction. Good luck and I am keeping my fingers crossed they don't come back and want more money. I have leased several cars before but never a high end like Maseriti. I just leased a new 2018 Granturismo Sport in white. Maserati is now using Citi for leases. Good luck!
This is a good example of what you need to expect and look for, when you buy a Maserati that has come off a lease.

2013 GT Conv Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior
2007 QP Exec. Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior (Gone)
1967 Jaguar Roadster (long gone)
1968 Fiat 850 Spider (pure fun)
1960 Austin Healy 3000 (Last of the Hungry Ones)

post #4 of 5 Old 04-25-2019, 01:08 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 318
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Garage
You can buy a paint scratch kit from Dr Color Chip for about $35, and use it to fix the small scratch on the rear bumper. You can also have the wheel repaired for <$100. Just Google "wheel repair" in your area and there should be a company that can do the work for you. I actually doubt that you'll be charged for either of the very minor issues, so it might be worth it to have a pre-inspection before you spend any money on the car.

2013 GT Conv Bordeaux Pontevecchio & Cuoio interior
2019 RAM 1500
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
post #5 of 5 Old 04-25-2019, 07:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 42
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Before the Maserati, I leased a Jaguar XF. There was a scratch on the driver's door that was about 1.5 inches long and fairly deep. I looked into it and any scratches that were no bigger than a quarter (coin) were generally accepted, based on other customers' experiences. This scratch was longer than that, and I never heard anything after turning it in. Not sure if it's the same experience with Maserati, but if it was me, I probably wouldn't worry about that scratch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode