Maserati Battery Charge Maintainer? - Page 2 - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 01:41 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Battery tender: Noco has an awesome line of tenders and extention cables. I have the G3500 and use a 10 ft ext cord. I mounted the ext cable to my battery so I dont have to bother with the clips. Just plug and charge with the trunk slightly gapped. Very easy to use that charger for smaller 12v like motorcycle batteries too. Much cheaper than the "maserati" charger but same if not better quality. Had Battery Tender brand, not as durable. My second one just decided to fail one day...did not get as much use as the nocos.

My GTS came with an inflater/slime combo but I always pack and extra tire plug kit in case. Plugging a tire is easy enough and frankly better than slime. The T handle types work well.

I had covers before and I got lazy. I found it easier to keep a strict schedule of Lucas Speedmist at every wash and it keeps the paint so slick you can duster it off. Bird poop gets a spray of quick detailer and a micro cloth when soft. I just found the frequent on and off of the cover more annoying than anything and the dust and pollen that flies off...my God!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 01:51 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh...and notice the ctek tenders look alot like the maserati oem ones? LoL....they must be running on the clark kent/superman disguise theory
post #18 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 03:27 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 62
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
You can pick up a CTEK 4.3 test and charge from Amazon for less than $90. You can also pick up the adapter cable to plug into the charge port. I would also recommend the extension cable so that you can place the battery charger/maintainer on the wall.

post #19 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 03:44 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead3121 View Post
So week 3 with my baby, and I've been looking into the small things.. portable pump for those pesky tires, car cover (stupid yellow pollen!), and was looking into a battery tender for when winter comes back around.

I happened to notice that my battery is in the trunk.. had NO IDEA! That being said, there is apparently a Maserati Battery Maintainer that plugs in to a port in the trunk on the right hand side.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any 3rd party ones that work just as well as I'm sure that sucker won't be cheap!
Mopar makes the Tire Inflation Kits that are just Re-branded in the Maserati Bag, same as for the one in my Ferrari... This one is the exact kit that came with my GranTurismo. It works exceptionally well as i have tried 5 or 6 other kinds, that are very slow to inflate and get rather hot!!! This one will air your tire from almost flat to 32-34 psi in a few minutes. I have used it to inflate many things. In its bottom compartment there is a couple of different adapters such as a 'needle' to air up footballs, volleyballs, beach balls, etc. I even aired up an air mattress once, lol. It's a very sturdy little pump. I have seen them on EBay for as low as $38..... There is a 1 time shot of sealant that snaps onto the unit which you can disburse in the event of a flat tire. It will in most cases though, render your TPMS sensor inop! I have purchased the sealant canister separately for about $25-$35.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mopar Tire Kit 2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	122433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mopar Tire Kit.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	122435  

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #20 of 26 Old 04-25-2019, 04:16 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
The 'power' button is located underneath the psi gauge, between the 'tire' and 'air pump' emblems. The top hose, (clear one), is used when you want to inject sealant into the tire. You would turn the selector knob to the 'tire' emblem to activate the sealant canister. The bottom hose, (black one), is used when you select the 'air pump' emblem for inflating only. The power cord is at the very bottom of the unit, it plugs into the cigarette lighter. The 'air' emblem above the psi gauge will release air, if you push it. The 80/50 sticker, easy remove vinyl type sticker, is to be affixed to the speedo gauge as a reminder of the max speed in the event that you have to use the sealant canister. And is also a reminder that you need a new canister.

** Note** When dispersing the sealant canister, the tire will inflate at the same time. You then have to immediately drive the car, safely, for a couple of miles to ensure the sealant additive is spread throughout the tire. Stop the car and inflate to the proper psi level if needed.

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #21 of 26 Old 04-28-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Bastards!! That port connector is $80 on it's own! So have to buy the CTEK and the adapter unless I want to go old school. :( C'est la vie
post #22 of 26 Old 04-29-2019, 07:26 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 3,662
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Quote:
Bastards!! That port connector is $80 on it's own! So have to buy the CTEK and the adapter unless I want to go old school. :( C'est la vie
Where are you looking?

C

The Alfisti formerly known as Catman:
Maserless :(
147 TS
post #23 of 26 Old 04-29-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 127
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmanv2 View Post
Where are you looking?

C
Ebay.. I'm impatient, so didn't look around too much.
post #24 of 26 Old 04-29-2019, 08:11 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 149
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I have the OEM maser charger and its awesome. Came with the car, so no idea how much it is.

it just plugs into some cutomized plug that sticks out of the wall in the trunk. easy peasy.
post #25 of 26 Old 04-30-2019, 04:19 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 114
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I have a Granite Digital 50w and my battery died while on it.
I got a new battery but noticed now the LCD screen is dead. Using a multimeter, I'm measuring 0.33 Volts on the output. Is this correct or should it be 12 V and my trickle charger has gone bad?
post #26 of 26 Old 04-30-2019, 09:48 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 41
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Some good options I will definitely investigate..

Here is a pic of the port in the sidewall of the trunk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
I don't recall mine having that port next to the 12v port? Is that a stock port?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Quote:
It is! I was reading through the manual and stumbled across it.. it's 2018, so maybe with the newer platform?

It was introduced with cars built from September 2015 onwards - at least here in EU.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode