Ghibli Blowouts - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-29-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ghibli Blowouts

Have had 4 blowouts in the last two Ghibli's. One 2 years ago in a 2015, and in the 2017 passenger front tire at 12K and last week both passenger side tires at 18K.

Maserati roadside service is the worst I have ever dealt with.

The first blowout was at 2 in the morning, said 2 hour window and they never showed.

This past Friday, it took them 4 hours to show up and tow the car to the dealer 1 hour away.

Couple of questions:

Does anyone have the contact details for the NA service manager for Maserati roadside service?

Pirelli tires are junk and does anyone have any input on changing brands away from them to another brand?

I have not had 4 blowouts in my lifetime, and now have had 4 in 2 years.

Have owned 4 Masi's, a QP, 2 Ghibli's, and now a Levante. With the roadside service (or lack thereof)
this will impact staying with the brand going forward. The Mrs. is not happy with two service calls and the lack of normal response time from Maserati to show up, even if they do.

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-29-2019, 02:56 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 411
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
These p0s seem to be easily damaged with any pothole. I donít know if itís wheel design or the tires. All 4 corners had been replaced some times in the past 2-3 years and I just got tired of that and replaced all with Michelin ps4s. Not m+s like original tires but driver and rides nicer. Time will tell if itís these wheels killing the tires or p0s are not good.

06 GS - gone
16 Ghibli S - Yes I am back!
post #3 of 10 Old 04-29-2019, 05:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 144
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I have read other cases where Pirellis blew out due to pot holes. It may be that they have a bad batch of tires, because what you describe is not normal. You should first go back to who installed the tires and see if they have had other complaints.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-03-2019, 05:18 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 187
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m13s View Post
this will impact staying with the brand going forward

Maserati doesn't manufacture tires and they don't fix potholes. Be mad on the tire manufacturer and your local authorities. The roadside assistance service is not provided by Maserati, they merely pay local contractors to offer that service.

You can also pay more attention to the road and avoid hitting potholes
post #5 of 10 Old 05-03-2019, 07:02 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 671
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m13s View Post
Suggestions?
Learn to put on a spare ;-)
post #6 of 10 Old 05-03-2019, 07:31 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Get yourself some Premium AAA coverage and switch to a Michelin tire..... you won't look back, on either!!!!

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #7 of 10 Old 05-06-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshy View Post
Maserati doesn't manufacture tires and they don't fix potholes. Be mad on the tire manufacturer and your local authorities. The roadside assistance service is not provided by Maserati, they merely pay local contractors to offer that service.

You can also pay more attention to the road and avoid hitting potholes
That is a wonderful grasp of the obvious I had no idea that Maserati does not make tires or fix potholes. Wow, glad to get that nugget of information I can sleep better. FYI these happened to my lady and like I said in the OP, 4 blowouts, all on pirelli's within 2 years. Maserati roadside service did not show up on the first call (1 AM) and the second call took 4 hours. We live 10 minutes north of Boston so it is not like there are not any contracted tow companies in the area. The level of service is horrendous, period. There is no excuse for that level of service in today's world with the competition out there.

Take a call from your wife when she is stuck on the side of the highway and in a panic, then tell me how great maserati roadside assistance is. They fucking blow. It is not normal to have that many blowouts with mileage that low on tires. Don't give me the performance angle that the dealer started to spew either.

Called AAA and upgraded to that package, thanks for the tip.

Anyone have the NA service manager's contact?

-M
post #8 of 10 Old 05-09-2019, 03:25 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Had a 2016 Ghibli for almost 3 years - 4 blowouts. The tire place loved me. Pa roads and I am suspecting something else, but I am not the mechanical type to know enough.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 12:24 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Yeah..... AAA has been on some 'next level' service around here lately, must be a competition thing! Even got a free oil change coupon in the mail with quality oil and filter, $0.00 out the door. Of course, I gave it to the GF and she used it on her Hyundai Santa Cruz.

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #10 of 10 Old 06-14-2019, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I've blown 3 of 4 pirelli all seasons in 14 months. On my previous ghibli, it came with pirelli summers, which I immediately swapped to BF Goodrich all seasons, and those BF's all lasted 3 years without a blowout under the same daily driving conditions.

It's definitely the pirelli tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode