Perception of the person who drives a maserati - Page 8 - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 112 Old 10-20-2017, 04:51 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I traded in a '17 MB C63 AMG Cabriolet that I owned for only two months, to buy a '15 GT S with a little over 5K miles on it. The C63 was a tecnological marvel, fast, and powerful. But it just didn't "do" anything for me. When I would see the vehicle in a parking lot, it just looked like all the other black MB vehicles there. My GT S, on the other hand, instills passion in me, and when I see it in my garage or in a parking lot, I just LOVE seeing it and can't wait to get inside and drive it. Back to the OP, I'm sure people have varying perceptions of Maserati owners. Some will assume you're a jerk, you don't deserve to have such nice things, why can't I have something nice like that, etc. But then there are others who just love the car and its styling, lines, and Italian flair. All in all, I have to be careful where I park my GT S, so as to not give someone an "excuse" to park too close to me and ding my door, or key it.

'19 Corvette Grand Sport

'15 Maserati Granturismo Sport
'17 MB C63 AMG Cabriolet
'15 Audi S4
'14 Nissan GT-R
'08 Pontiac G8 GT
'11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
'12 Mitsubishi EVO MR
'07 BMW M6
'07 Saleen 302 Mustang Parnelli Jones Edition
'05 Audi S4
'09 Nissan GT-R (FBO 537 AWHP)
'06 Infinity M35 Sport
'04 Subaru STI
'02 Subaru WRX
'91 GMC Syclone (2!)
'86 Buick Grand National
'88 Old Cutlass Calais International Series
'86 Chevy Z-24
'85 Pontiac Fiero V6
'81 Mustang
'64 Rambler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 112 Old 10-20-2017, 05:06 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 606
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okra View Post
I traded in a '17 MB C63 AMG Cabriolet that I owned for only two months, to buy a '15 GT S with a little over 5K miles on it. The C63 was a tecnological marvel, fast, and powerful. But it just didn't "do" anything for me. When I would see the vehicle in a parking lot, it just looked like all the other black MB vehicles there. My GT S, on the other hand, instills passion in me, and when I see it in my garage or in a parking lot, I just LOVE seeing it and can't wait to get inside and drive it. Back to the OP, I'm sure people have varying perceptions of Maserati owners. Some will assume you're a jerk, you don't deserve to have such nice things, why can't I have something nice like that, etc. But then there are others who just love the car and its styling, lines, and Italian flair. All in all, I have to be careful where I park my GT S, so as to not give someone an "excuse" to park too close to me and ding my door, or key it.
Well said

Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale
post #108 of 112 Old 05-23-2018, 03:17 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 606
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFulop View Post
The perception definitely depends on location - I live 100 miles from the nearest dealer and so maybe 10 people own a Maserati in my city of 500,000.

I agree with this. Here in the Portland, Maine area with no dealer for 2.5 hrs AND outside the State of Maine itself, the perception is that it is truly a rare and unique "exotic".

After owning it for almost a year and speaking with many owners of Ferrari's and Lambo's I know it is really an MSRP overpriced Gran Tourer.

But the above being stated the perception by the average "non-car enthusiast" is on of awe when they see it.

It will be our little secret!

Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale

post #109 of 112 Old 05-26-2018, 03:15 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,288
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
I was in Beverly Hills and Newport Beach recently, areas where Ferraris, Lamorghinis, high end Porsches , Bentleys , and multiple other exotics are commonplace - both at hotels and at restaurants the valets always parked the Maserati in the very front "display showcase" row . At one of the restaurants the valets moved a McLaren from the front to the back, so they can put my GT in its place, which was the only spot left up there, next to a Ferrari 599 and 918 ! I thought I'd bust out laughing when I saw what they did moving the McLaren to an obscured spot , for my car . At least in their mind ( and these are guys who have become blasť to $ 200 - $ 500 K + cars they park every day ) the Maserati deserved that podium placement . So a little off topic because it has less to do with the perception of what kind of person drives a Maserati, and more about the perception of what a Maserati is .
But as a side note, I did have it in sport mode and downshifted to first gear as I pulled into the valet lots , so the car certainly made its presence known !! I'm sure the growl contributed quite a bit to the looks of the car :-) .

Last edited by DSGT; 05-26-2018 at 06:31 PM.
post #110 of 112 Old 05-26-2018, 04:06 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son and I rarely post but I like to follow and read info as we are currently trying to sell his 89biturbo spyder. He's into flying (flight school) and 22 yrs old.
Did his solo last summer.
Try having a maz in "Winterpeg"......where you can only drive it May-maybe Oct...then it is away for winter.

I really enjoyed the comments about how owners are perhaps perceived.
The way I look at it is similar.
People will always judge.
Those that truly love Masers,IMHO, have v. good taste
The cars are unusual-yes, but that makes them all the more fascinating. Maybe 3-4 newer ones here in Wpg.

Let it go and just enjoy.

Cheers!
Mom to a car crazed son.
(drives a 1992 rhdrive Mazda rx7- beautiful styling "efini", the 89 maser & a beater 87 Chrysler N Yorker (baby blue) ha!
post #111 of 112 Old 05-26-2018, 04:09 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
laugh at this....I drive a Honda Civic.....what's wrong with that picture?
post #112 of 112 Old 05-26-2018, 07:32 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 461
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGT View Post
I was in Beverly Hills and Newport Beach recently, areas where Ferraris, Lamorghinis, high end Porsches , Bentleys , and multiple other exotics are commonplace - both at hotels and at restaurants the valets always parked the Maserati in the very front "display showcase" row . At one of the restaurants the valets moved a McLaren from the front to the back, so they can put my GT in its place, which was the only spot left up there, next to a Ferrari 599 and 918 ! I thought I'd bust out laughing when I saw what they did moving the McLaren to an obscured spot , for my car . At least in their mind ( and these are guys who have become blasť to $ 200 - $ 500 K + cars they park every day ) the Maserati deserved that podium placement . So a little off topic because it has less to do with the perception of what kind of person drives a Maserati, and more about the perception of what a Maserati is .
But as a side note, I did have it in sport mode and downshifted to first gear as I pulled into the valet lots , so the car certainly made its presence known !! I'm sure the growl contributed quite a bit to the looks of the car :-) .
LOVE IT!

That is one of the things I love about my GT it is special, not common and everybody loves the looks of it. As a result it punches way over it's weight class on the street...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode