LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeladler View Post
I still think the Ferarri name is still numero uno and is synonymous with fast, expensive cars and it is mainly due to their tremendous success in F1 and sports car racing!

Neither Aston nor Maserati comes close............
Heretic

You should do some research on the history of Maserati.
They were racing and winning before Ferrari was a company.

Here is a start for you
http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/con-maser.html

http://www.maserati.us/maserati/us/e...on-coup-s.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 07:53 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Heretic

You should do some research on the history of Maserati.
They were racing and winning before Ferrari was a company.
I'm with Michael. While Ferrari many not have been the first company to win races, they have certainly worked to put themselves at the top of the racing world and continue to stay there (although the Mercedes guys may argue who is really on top of F1).

History does count but unless we are talking about vintage cars, Ferraris are much better known, and for good reason, to be superior in the modern race-bred sports car world.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #18 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 580
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The name Maserati certainly has a long and rich history, but today's cars have little to do with that heritage. Today Maserati stands for high performance luxury cars (in my mind), which is very different from the Ferrari brand, with Ferrari being one of the ultimate street legal race cars (again in my mind) with a lot of creature comfort built in. Sure a Ferrari is more expensive than a Maserati, but they are both more expensive than 99% of the cars out there and I do not think that many of us bought a Maserati just because they could not afford a Ferrari. This whole comparison between Ferrari and Maserati seems a little silly. Sure they share some designs (engine/transmission for example), which is very cool, but they are very different cars aimed at different buyers. Living on Southbeach there are more Ferrari's and Lambo's around here than Chevy's (well, almost) and the general consensous is that these guys are players thet live well beyond their means. There are obviously a few Maserati's as well, but they seem to peak everyone's interest and be driven by, shall we say, more down to earth people that want to have fun and own something very special, but do not want to stick out like a sore thumb.

"If you haven't seen the future you haven't gone fast enough!"

2003 Maserati CC Black/Cuoio
1986 Mercedes 560 SL Black/Palomino

post #19 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,580
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Also folks a new 2009 GT is between 120 and 135 large, but add 100 grand if you want a new F430! And around 185 large for a new DB9!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #20 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 225
Michael,

isn't there a Ferrari forum or A-M forum you'd prefer to hang out on? You seem pretty down on Masers.

2003 Coupe CC, Nero Pastello/Avorio; Larini exhaust, FD DBW, springs, sport air filter, iPod adaptor. SOLD
2008 Jaguar XKR, Midnight Blue/Ivory
2009 BMW X3, Sage Green/Beige
2002 BMW 330Ci Convertible, Blue/Tan SOLD
1967 Volkswagen Beetle, Red/Black
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi; Blue, Tan
post #21 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 100
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Only had the "daddy's car" comment once, and I didn't catch it right off the bat when the person said it.

I driving at a mall and had a piece of trash I wanted to throw away. I pulled up to an entrance of the mall and put the hazards on and parked. I was "parked" in the lanes you drive in when you're driving down a parking lot. No biggie I thought, I'll just throw away this trash real quick and run back to my car.

So anyways as I come back, a mere 20 seconds later, I see a man, his wife, and his kids (sadly, this guy is procreating...). I am just about to enter my car and he says "real nice, in daddy's car".

I can only assume he was upset with my temporary parking in the lane. I heard him say it, but at first didn't think anything of it. Then it hit me, so I looked at them walking into the entrance and his wife was giving me evil looks. I met eyes with the guy and gave him a friendly smile and a wave.

Then proceeded to drive off in "daddy's car".
post #22 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 372
Quote:
Also folks a new 2009 GT is between 120 and 135 large, but add 100 grand if you want a new F430! And around 185 large for a new DB9!
so what...

gtlex
2008 granturismo, bordeaux, beige, birdcage wheels
post #23 of 112 Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgenhard View Post
This whole comparison between Ferrari and Maserati seems a little silly. Sure they share some designs (engine/transmission for example), which is very cool, but they are very different cars aimed at different buyers.
Very well said. Ferraris and Maseratis are certainly not substitute goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-squared View Post
isn't there a Ferrari forum or A-M forum you'd prefer to hang out on? You seem pretty down on Masers.
I don't think anyone here is down on Maserati. If we all didn't love Maseratis, we probably wouldn't own them With that said, I think most of us are able to see the value in other car makes/models and understand Maserati isn't the be-all end-all of the motorsports world.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #24 of 112 Old 08-28-2009, 04:01 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,100
The reaction I get has always been good, I think in general the maserati is a relatively un-known exotic brand until recent years, for most of the regular people out there.

Most people just say wow, because the car is beautiful more than because they know the brand. I think they always see us as having class, and real taste.

I love lamborghinis for what they represent- bad boy toys, and I see one in my near future (planned) before I even get the ferrari. Its raw, exotic look at me now designed, and just a beast. Unfortunately a lot of haters out there look at is a I got money and I'm obnoxious brand. I don't think so at all. It has is niche.

Ferrari is a more F1 racing heritage track oriented beauty, and has a built in audience. I consider my gransport somewhat beating with a ferrari heart being that they share the same engine and it was made by ferrari when they had controlling interest, so its a little rough around the edges and just a pocket beast- ferrari if you ask me. I would like to get the F430 later on, when they become lower In price.

Aston martin- I like the james bond heritage. But personally I love italian cars for their lines and quirks. But again, this has its niche as well. Polished, refined beast in a tuxedo.

Everyone knows the ferrari and lamborghini from all the movies and television exposure, cause I'm sure people don't see them enough in the streets. I think the maserati evokes a sense of exclusivity paired with luxury compared to none. Its a gentlemens brand, with flair and sexiness that is not comparable to ferrari or lamborghini because it has a totally different identity to those two, and isn't even trying to compare at all. Maserati is maserati, a true luxury GT touring car, and the better for it.

I think when people see the car and the reaction I get, is always the same. Awe, respect, and they plain think the car is really sexy. Just the right balance of luxury and sportines for me. I don't want or need a road racing car only. I want to be in a luxurious interior, and be able to spank other cars on the road if I feel like it. That's the reaction for me-
post #25 of 112 Old 08-28-2009, 04:36 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 73
maseratisportgts,

Nice way to frame up the maser: "I want to be in a luxurious interior, and be able to spank other cars on the road if I feel like it"... That to me typifies a Maserati...

Matt
post #26 of 112 Old 08-28-2009, 06:23 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 633
I really like this comment as well, "Its a gentlemens brand, with flair and sexiness that is not comparable to ferrari or lamborghini because it has a totally different identity to those two, and isn't even trying to compare at all. Maserati is maserati, a true luxury GT touring car, and the better for it."

I get more comments from woman on my car telling me, "beautiful car" then I have ever seen woman notice a car of any kind in my life. Maserati is the car for the working executive that wants a luxury and exclusive car that is drivable everyday. A Ferrari or Lambo is a boys toy and I love them for that. They are not cars I would drive everyday to commute in or go on a road trip in though. The Maserati offers that to their owners. Exclusive style and luxury interiors and gorgeous engines (I want to drive mine with the hood off). For years the Ferrari interiors were just terrible, but who cares? Everyone is looking at the body styling and listening to the engine. But a Maserati is just class.

I am 35, but look like I could be mid to late 20's. Haven't heard the daddy's car comment yet, but expect it will happen. So far just great compliments and some of the yonger guys that have seen it wanting me to rev it up at the lights or one group telling me it is the sickest car they have every seen. So young guys telling me its "sick looking" and woman telling me its "beautiful". Thats all good to me.

And congrats on the GT. If I was early 20's and driving that, I would be nothing but proud. The car if for you, not anyone else, so at the end of the day, just keep that in mind and take the good with the bad if there is any.

2005 90th Anniversary Spyder - #73 of 90 - Grigio Touring
post #27 of 112 Old 08-28-2009, 10:34 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-squared View Post
What are you smoking? I have been on this board for 8 months now and my guess is that you have not been reading my posts. I have purchased 2 Gran Turismos since mid-January, does that sound like someone who is down on Maserati?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #28 of 112 Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 152
Feel like I'll be getting the "is that your son's car?" comment soon enough. Maybe it's time for Rogaine and a gym membership.

2004 Coupe GT
post #29 of 112 Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 49
Perception of the person who drivers a Maserati

QUOTE I'm 23 and lucky enough to be able to own a granturismo but im curious to know what people I meet for the first time are thinking when they see my car or find out what kind of car I drive. Your thoughts? UNQUOTE]

Notwithstanding the title of this thread, the question you seem to be asking is 'what do people think of YOU (Gigiti) driving a Maserati ?' That strikes me as being an incredibly narcissistic question and, as we cant possibly 'know' you it is totally unanswerable. Why should you care what other people think ? Based on your question I would probably think you are an **sehole. But hey, thats just my personal opinion and I dont know you.

Morsimon
2008 Granturismo S

Last edited by morsimon; 08-28-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo
post #30 of 112 Old 08-29-2009, 09:40 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 455
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
The only problem I have with a 23 year old owning a new GT is what do they have to look forward to when they are 40 or 50 years old!
Laying down 250k and racing the Granturisimo MC in Europe, the Ferrari Challenge, The world finals in Italy, one of the select few to participate in the FXX events. I can go on...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode