Mercedes-Benz CLS owners??? - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLS owners???

So I test drove the CLS400 today (CLS550 twin except the hp). Sadly I think I set the bar too high and left unimpressed. I love the exterior and the interior is okay.

Things I didn't like:

- the electronic steering! it's horrible. I can't feel the road and it feels like someone else is driving the car for me
- its a big car but it feels small and cramped. i didn't like this
- i hated the way you change into Parking/Reverse/Drive/neutral! don't think i could get over this
- driving feels like... there is nothing beyond the windshield. can't see the hood. it's weird.
- throttle response is bad! it feels like i'm driving a 150hp toyota! or maybe, once again, i've been spoiled by the Mas...
- lack of interior customization
- button layout isn't the best! could be better organized. a little confusing at first
- the mandatory big iPad thing. I dislike it. very obstructing! it needs to be like majority of vehicles! not everyone is a fan of the huge Tesla-like screen...
- paddle shifters seem redundant and unnecessary in this car

I was really hoping I would had loved the interior & driving experience but I'm not so sure now. Uhhh. I really like the exterior though.

Also the salesman kept inquiring where my "wealth" was originating from (I'm 22) which was quite annoying. I felt like the people at the dealership weren't taking my visit seriously. Even though I pulled up in the Maserati and everyone was asking me about it. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Has the Mas spoiled me??

Thoughts guys???

Maserati GranTurismo Owner. White exterior, Red Interior. Live in Chicago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 4,111
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
I'm not sure what there is to say. The CLS didn't impress. End of story. It's a very different car - by design - so that's to be expected.

I know those guys over there and will bring up the questions which were asked to their general manager. It's highly surprising.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I checked Autotrader and 2012/2013 models are going for ~$50k which is shocking considering a new CLS400 is $84k including taxes....

I think I'm gonna hold off for now.

Maserati GranTurismo Owner. White exterior, Red Interior. Live in Chicago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List