Mercedes-Benz CLS owners???
So I test drove the CLS400 today (CLS550 twin except the hp). Sadly I think I set the bar too high and left unimpressed. I love the exterior and the interior is okay.
Things I didn't like:
- the electronic steering! it's horrible. I can't feel the road and it feels like someone else is driving the car for me
- its a big car but it feels small and cramped. i didn't like this
- i hated the way you change into Parking/Reverse/Drive/neutral! don't think i could get over this
- driving feels like... there is nothing beyond the windshield. can't see the hood. it's weird.
- throttle response is bad! it feels like i'm driving a 150hp toyota! or maybe, once again, i've been spoiled by the Mas...
- lack of interior customization
- button layout isn't the best! could be better organized. a little confusing at first
- the mandatory big iPad thing. I dislike it. very obstructing! it needs to be like majority of vehicles! not everyone is a fan of the huge Tesla-like screen...
- paddle shifters seem redundant and unnecessary in this car
I was really hoping I would had loved the interior & driving experience but I'm not so sure now. Uhhh. I really like the exterior though.
Also the salesman kept inquiring where my "wealth" was originating from (I'm 22) which was quite annoying. I felt like the people at the dealership weren't taking my visit seriously. Even though I pulled up in the Maserati and everyone was asking me about it. Maybe I should give it another shot.
Has the Mas spoiled me??
Maserati GranTurismo Owner. White exterior, Red Interior. Live in Chicago.