LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 138 Old 04-07-2016, 08:15 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemaker101 View Post
So im not allowed to drive my Maserati. I must sell it because my wife caught me driving another female in it. Ive been married for 20 years and made the horrible mistake of taking a girl out for a stroll who was "hot to death" apparently i went through a Red light and the camera took a picture and 3 weeks later i got to the ticket. To make a long story short i got busted and it almost ruined my marriage. Now the ultimatum was loose the car or lose my wife. It sucks that i must sell it. We've been to marriage counseling and are repairing the marriage but she is adamant about me selling it and never getting in the car again. Life sucks. I have this beautiful QPS that i cant no longer enjoy!!!!
Wow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdave View Post
That's a really sad story. You can't keep it and only drive when she is with you?
I am at a loss for words, tbh.

'02 Maserati Coupé CambioCorsa (Grigio Touring on Blue Spaziale)
Same color combo as featured on Top Gear !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 138 Old 04-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,584
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Wow, that's really too bad. But why was your wife opening your mail? I'm sure she will continue to do so now! Hang in there, friend, it's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of life. Besides, there is still a Maserati that she will let you drive: http://cdn05.motorsportretro.com/wp-...14/02/4CLT.jpg

1989 Zagato Spyder
1967 Mistral 4000
2006 GranSport (sold)
post #123 of 138 Old 04-08-2016, 02:15 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 461
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
Didn't know you lived in San Francisco …

Last night an older lady, maybe in her sixties, gave me a look of surprise and contempt when I was pulling out of the garage. I felt naughty
Did you offer to spank her?

post #124 of 138 Old 04-09-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
So im not allowed to drive my Maserati. I must sell it because my wife caught me driving another female in it. Ive been married for 20 years and made the horrible mistake of taking a girl out for a stroll who was "hot to death" apparently i went through a Red light and the camera took a picture and 3 weeks later i got to the ticket. To make a long story short i got busted and it almost ruined my marriage. Now the ultimatum was loose the car or lose my wife. It sucks that i must sell it. We've been to marriage counseling and are repairing the marriage but she is adamant about me selling it and never getting in the car again. Life sucks. I have this beautiful QPS that i cant no longer enjoy!!!!
Please obviously do not take my advice as gospel but I have found that with women who issue ultimatums the issue is down to control, they want to control you. What will be the next ultimatum? When will it end?

I am sure it wasn't just this one red light camera, I assume she has always been like this?
post #125 of 138 Old 04-09-2016, 06:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 59
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Well she claims that she thought the ticket was hers and just opened it without realizing.
Since this happened I've managed to go on a few outing with her in the car, but that always turns into a big argument because it reminds her of the fact that I had a girl in our car and on the same seat where she is sitting. It's actually better when she drives and I sit in the passenger seat.
She hasn't always been this way, I'm always been a good husband but sometimes we make decesions that are not favorable with the wives.
I also have a porsche 911 convertible. That's what we usually drive now. I'm thinking of maybe different maserati, different color, maybe Bentley or Ferrari. But I really love my car. She says that my punishment is losing the car. Ughhh. It just sits there.
post #126 of 138 Old 04-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 3,278
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Quote:
Well she claims that she thought the ticket was hers and just opened it without realizing.
Since this happened I've managed to go on a few outing with her in the car, but that always turns into a big argument because it reminds her of the fact that I had a girl in our car and on the same seat where she is sitting. It's actually better when she drives and I sit in the passenger seat.
She hasn't always been this way, I'm always been a good husband but sometimes we make decesions that are not favorable with the wives.
I also have a porsche 911 convertible. That's what we usually drive now. I'm thinking of maybe different maserati, different color, maybe Bentley or Ferrari. But I really love my car. She says that my punishment is losing the car. Ughhh. It just sits there.
Perhaps you have a GT in you future?

LCDave
2006 Coupe CC Blu Nettuno Vintage with Forgestar wheels, FD: DBWEM & springs , BMC filter, SuperSprint De-Cat, custom cat delete headers, custom x-pipe with 100cell race cats, RRP valves, G&S Exclusive Granturismo front bumper
post #127 of 138 Old 06-18-2016, 06:07 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, after reading all of the comments about this, I am going to tend of agree - dudes are the ones who mostly go crazy for my GT than chicks do. Or so I have found out. Older women look at me crazy sometimes when I park, but for the most part, dudes.

All dudes. Nice car. Nice sound. Nice this, nice that.

LOL. Funny stuff.

I own a 09 GT S. Good stuff. Great read!!
post #128 of 138 Old 06-18-2016, 09:13 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 148
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
I've found that red cars get more attention from chicks.

Had a blue Ferrari - zero interest, red Ferrari - girls staring at it and trying to get photos next to it, blue Maserati - some interest (caught a mum taking a picture of it, whilst her bored son was standing waiting), red Maserati - girls staring at it, asking for rides. All throughout you always get guys/kids staring at the car.

Just after I customised my GT exhaust, had two idiots pull up beside me saying that the car had a fake electronic sound box fitted. I told them it was a Larini. They looked puzzled and drove off in their Prius.

My wife hates the Ferraris, but seems impartial to the Maseratis.
post #129 of 138 Old 09-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 179
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
If my Levante gets anywhere close to the attention my Model X gets, I'll scream. I absolutely HATE people coming up to me and asking questions. I guess I'm anti-social. Drool from a far and keep your slobber off of me

post #130 of 138 Old 09-12-2016, 07:07 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 56
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
When our 2005 QP was relatively new, this other car pulled up next to us, and these two teenage boys were freaking out and taking pictures of our car with their cell phones. Another time, we came back to our parked QP to see two men (probably in their twenties or thirties) peering through the windows and admiring the interior. Lastly, I was driving with my dad and a friend - over to his house - and, after we had stepped out and were walking to the house, I noticed that my friend stayed behind, staring at the car. xD Yeah, I don't think there have been any female admirers of the car.

Today, people walk by it and don't even notice it. On occasion, someone who is likely more knowledgeable will notice the car and eye it a bit, but that's all. I guess it helps if it's washed (which, since it's an older car with 11 year-old paint, it's not as striking or washed as frequently), but it's otherwise not too amazing to people because the car blends in well. Also, these were made up until 2013 or so, so there are plenty of uninteresting ones out there/plenty of QPs in general. An even older generation would garner more attention, as they are not as subtle in their designs.
post #131 of 138 Old 09-24-2016, 12:32 PM

All the time.

She is usually beautiful, long brown hair and great smile.

My daughter is 9.

post #132 of 138 Old 09-17-2017, 03:37 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 601
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickBreitling View Post
I've found that red cars get more attention from chicks.

Had a blue Ferrari - zero interest, red Ferrari - girls staring at it and trying to get photos next to it, blue Maserati - some interest (caught a mum taking a picture of it, whilst her bored son was standing waiting), red Maserati - girls staring at it, asking for rides. All throughout you always get guys/kids staring at the car.

Just after I customised my GT exhaust, had two idiots pull up beside me saying that the car had a fake electronic sound box fitted. I told them it was a Larini. They looked puzzled and drove off in their Prius.

My wife hates the Ferraris but seems impartial to the Maseratis.
I understand totally! And I have stock exhaust which to women is not obnoxious like the Saber Tooth Tiger sound

Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale
post #133 of 138 Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 59
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Whats up Guys, so i posted a thread about an unfortunate situation that happened to me a few years ago. (more like i created) when i gave a girl a ride in the maserati. Well the mrs found out and caused all kind of strains in my relationship. If you want more to the story. A six episode Reality show will air tonight on TLC at 11pm. In the show you will see what went on after getting busted and me now having to sell the Maserati. The name of the show is Behind closed doors. I was not aware that they would create a show about this when i posted the thread. So i figure it was only fare to share with you guys since you were involved from the beginning.
post #134 of 138 Old 09-21-2017, 02:06 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,276
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Words of wisdom poster
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	103162  
post #135 of 138 Old 09-21-2017, 02:50 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 43
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Whats up Guys, so i posted a thread about an unfortunate situation that happened to me a few years ago. (more like i created) when i gave a girl a ride in the maserati. Well the mrs found out and caused all kind of strains in my relationship. If you want more to the story. A six episode Reality show will air tonight on TLC at 11pm. In the show you will see what went on after getting busted and me now having to sell the Maserati. The name of the show is Behind closed doors. I was not aware that they would create a show about this when i posted the thread. So i figure it was only fare to share with you guys since you were involved from the beginning.
Shame I shan't be able to watch it here in the UK. My advice: don't sell the Maserati, sell the wife.

Best wishes, John
Maserati: 2015 Maserati Granturismo S
Other:1998 Ferrari 550 Maranello, 1973 Dino 246GT, 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500 CLK convertible, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI estate, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode