What's the longest road trip you have taken in your Maserati - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 05-08-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 409
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
What's the longest road trip you have taken in your Maserati

My family and I love road trips. With summer approaching, am thinking about taking my QP on a road trip to Dayton, Ohio for the 4th holiday weekend. Sure gas mileage won't be as great as our family crossover. But driving across the country in a Maserati would be fun. Roundtrip mileage should be around 1070 miles. Given that I only drive 10K miles annually on this DD, the extra miles isn't a concern. Sitting in the garage it is going to depreciate anyway.

Post the mileage of the longest roadtrip you have taken. Hope you all have a great summer.

Cheers.

07 QP Sport GT ZF, Grigio Alloy/Cuoio Sella, K40 Calibre, PARROT CK3100, BMC Air Filter, FD Brake Pads, LED Tail Lights, Larini X-Pipe, Tubi Mufflers, 3M Deep Matte Black Wrap, Gloss Black Wheels - SOLD
2008 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Sport Design package, CF, Alcantara, Bose. Sold
2013 Model S: P85 Huper Optik Tint, Vossen Forged HC-1, airmatic lowering links. Sold
19 Giulia QV, Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat, Nero Edizione, Black/Ice, Technicos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 11:57 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I would be very interested in seeing responses to this as well. We are considering the same thing. We are going to the Indy 500 next weekend and thinking of driving the 2009 GranTurismo from Virginia. Would be 1100 round trip miles. As you said, if it sits in the garage all it does is depreciate. Since I've only owned the car 5 days I worry about taking it on such a long trip right away.
post #3 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 01:42 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 119
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My longest trip was driving the car home from the dealer I bought it from in Charlotte NC to my home in Key West, about 850 miles. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort (a 2005 coupe) and fuel economy of 21 mpg.

post #4 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 02:36 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 353
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I went from Southern NH to NYC to do the dream car tour a few years back in my 08 GT. It was 5 hours each way. Sits got uncomfortable after the first 3 hours and my lower back started to hurt but other than that it was a pleasant experience.

Maserati GranTurismo S MC SportLine Bianco over Nero
Lamborghini Gallardo Gated Spyder Arancio Borealis
Ferrari F430 F1 Rosso over Nero (sold)
Maserati GranTurismo Nero Carbonio over Cuoio (sold)
Maserati GranTurismo Bianco over Rosso (sold)
post #5 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 11:24 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 155
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
We've done the trip from Toronto, Ontario to Traverse City Michigan (about 900 miles round trip) in our 09 GT at least twice. Great trips and no issues!!

2009 GranTurismo Grigio Alfieri/Rosso
post #6 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 01:28 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 688
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Just completed 1450 mile trip from Scottsdale to Seattle for the second time in my Maserati Coupe GT.
Takes me just over 18 hours doing the trip solo. The Maser just love to eat up highway miles. Car just loves the wide open spaces out west and high speed cruising. That is what these cars were made too do!
If you want to wash and look at it in your drive way you should have gotten a Ferrari. Maserati are made to be used.
post #7 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 02:12 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 138
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
from our main home to our holiday home is 2400kms one way door to door.I have driven it a few times in the discovery and was glad of it due to the road conditions.(there are "express"ways but they often close them and you are forced onto back roads)
until the roads are more consistent I will limit my journeys to the city.
post #8 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,554
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
From my home in London, United Kingdom, to Milan Italy (to pick up a girlfriend) and then onto Lake Como for a week. Then pretty much the same route back. 1,860 miles round trip, not including excursions.

There's nothing like driving a Maserati 'home' to Italy - the Italians freely and consistently show their love for the car. I remember arriving in Lake Como and the first reaction was from a waiter serving street-side tables, showing that classic Italian gesture of approval. The beauty of the land and the pleasure of driving through it is very special.

Another time went to visit friends in Turin - that was magical too. Left London at 2am in the morning and was sitting in a villa on a wine estate in Barolo country by 4pm the same day.

2007 Quattroporte Sport GT Auto
FD DBW, FD ECM
post #9 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 10:52 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 127
Drove from Princeton NJ to Damariscotta Maine in GS spyder. It was a great trip except for almost running out of gas looking for 93 octane in Maine and making my wife sit with a box of lobstahs on her lap the entire trip home (didn't fit in trunk). Needless to say a hard sell now...for future Maine road trips.

Jim

2006 Gransport Spyder - FD DBW, FD ECU Reflash, FD Air filter, FabSpeed "Cobra" Secondary Cat Bypass, FD stainless steel brake lines, FD ceramic pads, FD Iridium Spark Plugs, 20" Forgiato Wheels
post #10 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 409
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowlas View Post
From my home in London, United Kingdom, to Milan Italy (to pick up a girlfriend) and then onto Lake Como for a week. Then pretty much the same route back. 1,860 miles round trip, not including excursions.

There's nothing like driving a Maserati 'home' to Italy - the Italians freely and consistently show their love for the car. I remember arriving in Lake Como and the first reaction was from a waiter serving street-side tables, showing that classic Italian gesture of approval. The beauty of the land and the pleasure of driving through it is very special.

Another time went to visit friends in Turin - that was magical too. Left London at 2am in the morning and was sitting in a villa on a wine estate in Barolo country by 4pm the same day.
This sounds like the ultimate road trip in a Maserati! Thank you for sharing.

07 QP Sport GT ZF, Grigio Alloy/Cuoio Sella, K40 Calibre, PARROT CK3100, BMC Air Filter, FD Brake Pads, LED Tail Lights, Larini X-Pipe, Tubi Mufflers, 3M Deep Matte Black Wrap, Gloss Black Wheels - SOLD
2008 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Sport Design package, CF, Alcantara, Bose. Sold
2013 Model S: P85 Huper Optik Tint, Vossen Forged HC-1, airmatic lowering links. Sold
19 Giulia QV, Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat, Nero Edizione, Black/Ice, Technicos
post #11 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 05:16 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 209
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Thanks for the beautiful images that your trip put in my head!
Glad you had a wonderful time...in the land of Maserati!
Hope to get there someday....

Just in case you need to be reminded why....
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...-mc-gt4-sound/

post #12 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,554
Atlantan, Gene, thanks for the kind words.... a pleasure to share!

2007 Quattroporte Sport GT Auto
FD DBW, FD ECM
post #13 of 27 Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,584
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Most of you guys have me beat....by a lot. My longest trip was the drive home from Washington, DC. About 600 miles of pure joy punctuated with moments of exhilaration. mpg? Not a clue.

1989 Zagato Spyder
1967 Mistral 4000
2006 GranSport (sold)
post #14 of 27 Old 05-17-2014, 05:04 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 395
Quote:

I would love to drive a Maserati through Italy.. Someday...

Longest trip I took was from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Did that twice in the Maser and will never forget. I also do quite a few weekend trips to San Diego and Las Vegas.

09'GTS F1
14'Ghibli SQ4
post #15 of 27 Old 05-19-2014, 05:22 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 185
I picked up my QP in Seattle and drove home to LA. Around 1150 miles. No issues, only pure joy. Wonderful first date.

Ed
2008 QP GTS Nero/Nero with red stitching
Formula Dynamics DBW, Larini Sport Mufflers and X- Pipe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode