Ferrari / Lamboghini Orders - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-03-2014, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ferrari / Lamboghini Orders

Anybody have experience ordering new Ferraris or Lamboghinis? I've never walked into either of these dealerships before... I've always been intimidated to do so without knowing that I could be ready to afford one.

Alas, that day seems fast approaching. With the new Huracan and California T 12-18months away, I'm considering getting out of my GTS and a few other cars early to save up a sizable down payment for the purchase.

Any advice on how this whole process works? What is the minimum deposit to order? What are the premiums over sticker (if any)? Do I have to be an existing Ferrari or Lamboghini customer to even get on the list?

09'GTS F1
14'Ghibli SQ4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-04-2014, 12:09 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 276
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
dude wait for this !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EFpKgiA2YLY.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	23265  

sasso 1977
current garage
2015 bmx X5 35d (carbon black/brown)
2017 Lexus gs350 Fsport ( white/red int.)
2014 ferrari california (bianco avius/nero)
2016 Alfa romeo 4c (white madreperla/nero)
2017 Lexus LX570 (pearl white/cabernet)
1992 porsche 968 coupe (white/navy int)
post #3 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 02:39 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 182
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I dream about this one..

Not sure about your dealers, but Boardwalk here in Plano has been topnotch to work with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	168586.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	23337  

ACCD

2012 Gran Turismo S AKA-NINO
2013 BMW 650i AKA - Bruno
MB 300CE
HD Deuce

MB CL500
NSX-(sold :( )

post #4 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Gorgeous!!! I'd take that over and the Alferi concept over the California and Huracan any day...

But question is when will these cars become available? Assuming they will be built...

09'GTS F1
14'Ghibli SQ4
post #5 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 742
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Talked with a few Ferrari Dealers over the years....

Every time I haven taken my Maserati to the dealer for something I end up talking to a few friendly Ferrari dealers.

I have asked about the "secret world" of buying new Ferraris. LOL. I have owned a Maserati since 05.

When the economy and market were strong, I heard stories of how you had to get on a list or buy pre owned etc. When the economy and market sold off and they had stock you could walk in and write a check. Maybe even get a nice discount.

There is a ton of info on Ferrari Chat. Apparently many are coming to the realization the modern day Ferrari is a somewhat mass produced obscenely expensive sports car that is beyond costly to fix and depreciates a ton. Like we didn't already know that...

Recently each time at the dealership they all want to get me to trade up to a California. They tell me most people go from the GTS to the Calli.

I said for another 100K? Um no thanks. Not really a fan at all. I love the 430 and the Italia but not for the price jump. My GTS is very practical and a huge bang for my buck.

Not familiar with Lambo, but I think the new Huracan looks amazing!!! Would love one.

My advice as a fiscally conservative person is to never ever buy brand new. Buy pre owned or left over or demo or something with a few miles on the clock. Let someone else pay for the huge depreciation hit. And drive the hell out of her.

If money is no object then buy all means treat yourself and by both! Post photos! Good luck! CM
post #6 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 07:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 797
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I'd assume you can ask these questions to the sale person at the dealership. Your money is green and they are into selling cars. Any salesperson worth their weight in salt should spend as much time as required to educate their client to make a comfortable and informed choice.

Former '85 Biturbo E owner 25+ years ago.

Current cars: 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription | 2017 Jaguar XE R-Sport | 2012 Aston Martin Rapide
post #7 of 9 Old 03-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
For the Cali T, you need $20k as deposit, wait time is about a year and a half (friend of mine in Cali is looking to get one). Didn't mention any particular issues with regards to getting an order in.

1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

BigFoot's YouTube Channel dedicated to Maserati
post #8 of 9 Old 03-08-2014, 08:01 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 59
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ferrari lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex5188 View Post
Anybody have experience ordering new Ferraris or Lamboghinis? I've never walked into either of these dealerships before... I've always been intimidated to do so without knowing that I could be ready to afford one.

Alas, that day seems fast approaching. With the new Huracan and California T 12-18months away, I'm considering getting out of my GTS and a few other cars early to save up a sizable down payment for the purchase.

Any advice on how this whole process works? What is the minimum deposit to order? What are the premiums over sticker (if any)? Do I have to be an existing Ferrari or Lamboghini customer to even get on the list?
i have exp with both and they are very different. ferrari does not floor plan their cars and the dealer gets paid before the factory. i have actual dealer cost #'s for ferrari (much different model from lambo.) 70% of Cali buyers are new to the brand (side note) ferrari does not let thier dealers sell for over sticker on new cars. and different dealers have different cultures.
deposit can be small for a ferrari if its a car the dealer views as easy to sell (no wierdo colors/options/ect) i could go on.... welcome to contact me.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-09-2014, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses! I really appreciate more experienced members sharing their experiences.

I understand that the best place to gather information about placing an order would be from the dealership itself, however I trust this community on maseratilife and I wanted to be well informed before communicating with the dealer. I am a very emotional buyer and I would like to enter the dealership knowing exactly what to expect in order to avoid getting less than what would be a fair deal.

I've purchased almost all of my vehicles brand new, with the exception of my GTS. Don't get me wrong, I love my GTS and she runs like a champ. I was thrilled to pick up a bargain and was happy with the service attitude, but since this was my first used car purchase, in hindsight, I feel that the dealership was less than forthcoming regarding the existing damage to the bodywork of the vehicle. I am still rather upset that they did not inform me of the prior repair work done to the bumper and I feel that I kind of got ripped off. If I ever do purchase a second hand vehicle again, I will for sure do a PPI.

It also appears to me that Ferrari and Lamboghini cars depreciate at a much lower rate than other luxury cars. A great example would be a 10' California (average miles, 15-20k) which is retailing for about $150K+ right now. By conservative estimates that would be about 25% depreciation over 4 years!

If that holds true for the new Cali T or Huracan, I would be more than happy to pay full retail.

09'GTS F1
14'Ghibli SQ4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode