anyone with Dreams that became premonitions? - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-12-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone with Dreams that became premonitions?

kinda like the title states, had a weird dream 2 nights ago. bear with me because this can be a bit long, but crazy!

so 2 nights ago, had a dream my 3 year old son got hit by a car! freaked the sh*t out of me, and i woke up and didn't even think much about it.

then yesterday, we went to lunch at Five Guys Burgers (Me, my wife, and 3 kids, ages 4 yrs, 3 yrs and 13 month).

anyways we were walking to our car in the parking lot after eating, (it's park of a large shopping strip). and my wife was in front, holding my 13 month old daughter, and 4 yr old son's hand, and I was behind holding my 3 yr old son's hand, diaper bag, and leftover food.

Then for some reason, my 4 yr old let go of my wife's hand and ran forward for a split second toward our Suburban, (still in parking lot) and out of the corner of my eye I saw a car turned the corner so fast and came straight for my son!

At that instant I rememered my horrible dream and yelled out "watch out, there's a car!!!"

my wife grabbed my son's hand in time and lady slammed on her brakes...F*cking lady was texting on her phone!!!! It all happened withing like 2 seconds but seemed everything was in slow motion...

that was crazy. and I told my wife about my dreams later. and wife couldn't explain it but said maybe my dream saved my sons life, as well as hers and my daughter, because if I didn't yell, she thinks all three would have been hit by the car (she was holding my 13 month old daughter).

not sure why I had that dream, or if someone or "something" made me dream it, but can't stop thinking of it. Whatever the reason, I am glad I did and everybody was ok.

What do you guys think? anyone else have similar experiences?

It's weird because the morning radio 2 days ago was talking about Guardian Angels and if you believe in them...wonder if I have one?

I am SO glad everything is ok...being an ER doc I'd hate to think what could have happened...

2012 GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - wife's car
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2013 Chevy Suburban
1996 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta - recently traded.
2006 GranSport - Anniversary blue - traded. great car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-12-2014, 06:46 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 276
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
i dont think guardian angels fit the description of what you are alluding to, but i do think as a parent you subconsiously plan ahead and play out different scenerios of things that could happen, based on things you might want to do in the future , i too have had that happen where i dream something and at some point in the future something strangely similar actually happens, and with little children you are constantly worrying about their well being , believe me i have three under the age of ten. And parking lots seems to be the most dangerous place to walk around with your kids, people are so distracted ( looking at store windows, looking for spots,texting, or posting on social media about the new jeans they just got) Just thank the Lord you were on alert and your family was safe.

sasso 1977
current garage
2015 bmx X5 35d (carbon black/brown)
2017 Lexus gs350 Fsport ( white/red int.)
2014 ferrari california (bianco avius/nero)
2016 Alfa romeo 4c (white madreperla/nero)
2017 Lexus LX570 (pearl white/cabernet)
1992 porsche 968 coupe (white/navy int)
post #3 of 15 Old 01-12-2014, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Sasso1977, I agree that the most important thing is that everyone is OK. I guess what's strange is that I never had that dream before, of my kids getting hurt like that, and then the exact next day it happens. That's what is so weird.

And on a side note my wife and I aren't very religious so makes it even weirder....

2013 Chevy Suburban

post #4 of 15 Old 01-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Dude, if you were ever to dream of me ... well, just wake up and stop

Just kidding, glad all was fine in the end. My kids are older than yours but still I get the shivers when walking with them through car parks, zebra crossing and whatnot. There are too many speed demons and texting addicts on the road.

1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

BigFoot's YouTube Channel dedicated to Maserati
post #5 of 15 Old 01-13-2014, 03:02 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 688
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I vote guardian angel. Someone was giving you a heads up. Glad everyone is ok. The law makers and everyone bitches about texting and driving and does nothing about it. How about you lose you license for 6 month on the first offense, 1 year on the second and for life on the 3rd. That will end it really fast.
I have hands free and its legal but I still prefer not to use it unless it something very urgent. It can wait until I stop later or pull over. It is distracting period. No one can argue other wise.

Tom

2005 Coupe GT Gregio Alfieri/ Bordeaux
Larini Mufflers, Larini X Pipe,Larini Silenced De Cat,BMC Air Filter,
2017 Audi S6 murdered out
2012 VW Beetle Turbo 6 speed
2004 Dodge 2500 Diesel 6 Spd
6" lift, 35's, Bully Dog for POWER
2001 Baja 25 Outlaw 502
2009 Ski Doo Summit 146 w/AreoCharger-New Happy switch. Upgraded to Bikeman 880 this season.

No stinking auto's in this house. We all row the gears.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
Dude, if you were ever to dream of me ... well, just wake up and stop

Just kidding, glad all was fine in the end. My kids are older than yours but still I get the shivers when walking with them through car parks, zebra crossing and whatnot. There are too many speed demons and texting addicts on the road.
No kidding. And what's worse is when I see parents texting or not paying attention in parking lots and their kids are running around. I'm like, seriously. What's more important than you're kids' safety?

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #7 of 15 Old 01-13-2014, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Maser View Post
I vote guardian angel. Someone was giving you a heads up. Glad everyone is ok. The law makers and everyone bitches about texting and driving and does nothing about it. How about you lose you license for 6 month on the first offense, 1 year on the second and for life on the 3rd. That will end it really fast.
I have hands free and its legal but I still prefer not to use it unless it something very urgent. It can wait until I stop later or pull over. It is distracting period. No one can argue other wise.
Thanks. I'm glad they're Ok too!

But I agree about the texting and driving. However I'll admit I'm guilty of it sometimes but I try very hard to do it if necessary at a stop light or when I'm parked.

But it's like I've always said. It doesn't matter how safe you are. There's always someone out there not paying attention or distracted. Why when my kids are driving age I'm buying them a Hummer to drive!

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #8 of 15 Old 01-16-2014, 05:56 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,425
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Very happy that nothing bad happened!!

It happens sometimes that people have premonitions when dreaming. It happened to me and to others I know too. Not something too specific but a general feeling about something coming...

17 Ghibli S - 17 Range Rover Supercharged - 14 Cadillac CTS (gone) - 12 BMW 535 (gone) - 07 Quattroporte ZF (gone) - 06 Audi A8L (gone)
post #9 of 15 Old 01-17-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

I think I may have figured it out who gave me this premonition...bare with me...

anyways, if you saw my other posts, I've very excited about the new corvette Z06 about to come out. in fact, i stated researching the "base" C7 vettes now, and even scheduled a test drive at my local chevy dealer.

I even started looking at used C6 Z06 (with 505 hp, 6 speed manual), and thought about buying it...

then I stopped and asked myself, why the hell am i so obsessed with Corvettes all of a sudden, and it's after I had my dream.

Well, i just remembered, my wife's uncle, who we kinda named our daughter after (we changed it from a boy's name to more "girly" name ), and was her favorite uncle, died in a single engine plane crash several years ago. and here's the OMG moment, he was a huge lover of corvettes, and collected alot of the older ones from the 1960-70s.

I may just be reaching here, or making something out of nothing, but how do I explain my sudden obsession with corvettes? In my personal way, it is his way of reaching out to me, saying it was him who gave me that dream and "heads up"

you guys may think i'm crazy, but i find it comforting, that if it is him, he is watching out for my kids, and makes me feel good. in fact i get teared up even typing this right now.

and on a side note, I have never met him before, he died before I even met my wife. but about 6 months after I got married, i had a dream of some guy, woke up and told my wife and gave her a description of him, she knew instantly who it was, and showed me a pic of her late uncle. (i've never seen pics of him before). I told her yeah, that's the guy in my dreams, who is it? And she told me...and it gave me chills

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #10 of 15 Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 240
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gransport View Post
I think I may have figured it out who gave me this premonition...bare with me...

anyways, if you saw my other posts, I've very excited about the new corvette Z06 about to come out. in fact, i stated researching the "base" C7 vettes now, and even scheduled a test drive at my local chevy dealer.

I even started looking at used C6 Z06 (with 505 hp, 6 speed manual), and thought about buying it...

then I stopped and asked myself, why the hell am i so obsessed with Corvettes all of a sudden, and it's after I had my dream.

Well, i just remembered, my wife's uncle, who we kinda named our daughter after (we changed it from a boy's name to more "girly" name ), and was her favorite uncle, died in a single engine plane crash several years ago. and here's the OMG moment, he was a huge lover of corvettes, and collected alot of the older ones from the 1960-70s.

I may just be reaching here, or making something out of nothing, but how do I explain my sudden obsession with corvettes? In my personal way, it is his way of reaching out to me, saying it was him who gave me that dream and "heads up"

you guys may think i'm crazy, but i find it comforting, that if it is him, he is watching out for my kids, and makes me feel good. in fact i get teared up even typing this right now.

and on a side note, I have never met him before, he died before I even met my wife. but about 6 months after I got married, i had a dream of some guy, woke up and told my wife and gave her a description of him, she knew instantly who it was, and showed me a pic of her late uncle. (i've never seen pics of him before). I told her yeah, that's the guy in my dreams, who is it? And she told me...and it gave me chills
You're reaching. Time to get your head on straight and aim for the Ferrari.

post #11 of 15 Old 01-18-2014, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Lol no worries. I'm getting a Ferrari. Just trying to explain why I'm so into a Vette all of a sudden.

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #12 of 15 Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 AM

Your not reaching at all Dr. I like the story and I think you figured it out on your own. I was never a believer but have seen things that have changed my view.

I also have been looking at the new Vette. Loved the look of the zo6 but I have owned one. Great track car and ok for a weekend drive but not a DD or a GT car my any means. They are loud( No issue here,lol) ride like a rock(Stiff-Great on a smooth track) and you feel every crack in the road( Perfect for smooth track but how good are your local roads?). I wish I could get the z06 look and power with magna select ride. Not even sure you need the power. We will see if they get it to hook up any better then the over powered ZR1. If they do it will just be electronics shutting everything down and turning down the wick. Interesting to see what kind of dollars for the z06. Right now I at 70K for LT3 Z51 loaded up with a 7 speed manual in Yellow. Only unknown is what roof to get in the coupe. I have had the dual roof package it is total waste of money. You never change them out. You pick the best for your area and maybe once or twice you will try the other roof.
Transparent was great for the PNW but would want solid for AZ. Question is Yellow painted or Black CF Roof panel. Sat in a 3LT at Barrett Jackson that had the brown leather and suede interior. Wow was it nice. I would have to say it is one of the nicest interior I have seen on any sports car. Maybe the Maser and A M still do it right but it was nicer than a Lambo or Ferrari. Very well done and classy. My only concern would be how the suede wears on the center console Should be leather not suede in my opinion.
I think arm wear will make it ugly fast but time will tell. Could always just recover it leather like ostrich
post #13 of 15 Old 01-18-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Maser View Post
Your not reaching at all Dr. I like the story and I think you figured it out on your own. I was never a believer but have seen things that have changed my view.

I also have been looking at the new Vette. Loved the look of the zo6 but I have owned one. Great track car and ok for a weekend drive but not a DD or a GT car my any means. They are loud( No issue here,lol) ride like a rock(Stiff-Great on a smooth track) and you feel every crack in the road( Perfect for smooth track but how good are your local roads?). I wish I could get the z06 look and power with magna select ride. Not even sure you need the power. We will see if they get it to hook up any better then the over powered ZR1. If they do it will just be electronics shutting everything down and turning down the wick. Interesting to see what kind of dollars for the z06. Right now I at 70K for LT3 Z51 loaded up with a 7 speed manual in Yellow. Only unknown is what roof to get in the coupe. I have had the dual roof package it is total waste of money. You never change them out. You pick the best for your area and maybe once or twice you will try the other roof.
Transparent was great for the PNW but would want solid for AZ. Question is Yellow painted or Black CF Roof panel. Sat in a 3LT at Barrett Jackson that had the brown leather and suede interior. Wow was it nice. I would have to say it is one of the nicest interior I have seen on any sports car. Maybe the Maser and A M still do it right but it was nicer than a Lambo or Ferrari. Very well done and classy. My only concern would be how the suede wears on the center console Should be leather not suede in my opinion.
I think arm wear will make it ugly fast but time will tell. Could always just recover it leather like ostrich
Thanks man. Some people may think I'm nuts with my stories. But to me it makes a lot of sense.

So did you order the C7 Vette? Or just building it online? If you did please keep us updated!

I know I shouldn't buy a car for easy of servicing but right now it sounds so nice to just drop off the Vette at the dealer 5 min away vs shipping it 300 miles like my other 2 cars :(

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #14 of 15 Old 01-18-2014, 02:52 PM

Something always happens to the cars when they are shipped too. Chip here and dig there.

Just weighting option right now. Wife is pushing hard for the new Vette. Not sure I am ready to part with maser yet. I might take a AZ to FL trip in the Maser. Burn some miles and decide if it is time.
post #15 of 15 Old 01-18-2014, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Cool. If you decide to pull the trigger keep us updated

May go on day off to test drive the new C7 Vette. Worried if I do and like it I'll want one now. And not good time to get another car!

2013 Chevy Suburban

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode