Car(s) You Regret that You Had Sold or Let Go - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Car(s) You Regret that You Had Sold or Let Go

I (as many of you too I'm sure) had many cars over the past 25 years. Many came and many gone. But there are a couple of them I still kind of regret not being able to keep....

For me they were my '88 E30 M3 in metallic black over red leather and '97 993 Turbo (with only 9K miles) in Glacier White over black full supple leather.

I wish I had the means of keeping them back then....

Now, let's hear your automotive regrets...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 406
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
More then likely, I'm forgetting one or two...however these cars, immediately come to mind:
*68 VW Karmann Ghia...my first car (circa '86).
*71 Buick Riviera
*73 BMW 3.0CS
*75 M-B 6.9 (Euro)
*83 VW Cabriolet...my first custom build (circa '88).
*92 Cadillac Allanté
post #3 of 5 Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 545
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I try to make good purchases when it comes to cars and intend to keep them all. I think it's nice to "build a relationship" with a car, with time and exclusivity (of driving the same car). I guess for me it's about the ownership rather than trying to experience as many cars as I can.

Kept all of mine so far (which is not many by comparison to a lot of people here), including my first car, a Mazda MX6 GT. It has a huge dent in the rear bumper and the quarter panels are a bit deformed from it too, from a woman smashing into the back of it one morning. But I still kept the wreck and plan to restore it one day.

1989 Mazda MX6 GT 4WS
1997 Porsche Boxster
2006 Lexus RX330
2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT

post #4 of 5 Old 12-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 11
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was not mine, but my father often speaks about his 69 Boss 302 that he owned. Wish he never sold it and the price today are pretty high. Great car and remember driving in it with him. Oh, I would love to have that car today and take it out.

For me, I sold an E430 sport black opel, that car was great and fun to drive. Loved the color on it and just seem to be really cool in different light.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-12-2013, 12:15 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 797
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
My S2000; I could've bought out the lease return and had a car with little to no depreciation which would've been nice. I was way under on the miles and it was mint. Seating position was death on my back, so at the time I was happy to move on (bought a Jaguar Vanden Plas to replace it).

I had an '85 Alfa GTV6 with euro pipes and Ansa sport exhaust. Still very fond to my heart. I sold it back to the guy I bought it off of. He put in an Alfetta dash and shipped it Israel.

Former '85 Biturbo E owner 25+ years ago.

Current cars: 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription | 2017 Jaguar XE R-Sport | 2012 Aston Martin Rapide

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode