Body Shop in Austin - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-24-2013, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Body Shop in Austin

Any one know a good body shop in Austin? My QP got hit Friday night, nothing major, but dented rear bumper, passenger quarter panel and rear light. Also anyone have any experience with diminished value after an accident. Clean carfax on my car until this, now i know it wont be worth as much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-25-2013, 03:59 AM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 179
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmira View Post
Any one know a good body shop in Austin? My QP got hit Friday night, nothing major, but dented rear bumper, passenger quarter panel and rear light. Also anyone have any experience with diminished value after an accident. Clean carfax on my car until this, now i know it wont be worth as much.
I don't think a bumper crash will show up on CarFax. I think it has to be reported to the DOT or have an accident report to get on the records. I use Berli's in Round Rock, they are the best. Period.

Berli's is the finest certified auto body and collision repair of BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Land Rover, Viper, and Prowler in Austin, Texas.

I have USAA insurance and I got a small check once for my Escalade. It was automatic. Don't know about other insurance companies.

Good luck!

post #3 of 10 Old 11-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Master Mechanic

Maserati Life Posts: 1,521
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to JoshH
I'm not familiar with the network in Austin, however my colleague Joe @ ATX Autosport may also be able to assist in locating a solid local body shop source.

post #4 of 10 Old 12-02-2013, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Insurance adjuster came out today and after about 45 minutes decided he couldn't give me an estimate, and that I would have to take it into the shop and he would look over their estimate..... Appointment next monday @ Berli's

Thanks for the advice on shops.

They are paying for a luxury car at enterprise, probably a lincoln :( Hope i can get my QP back by the end of the year.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 179
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Insurance adjuster came out today and after about 45 minutes decided he couldn't give me an estimate, and that I would have to take it into the shop and he would look over their estimate..... Appointment next monday @ Berli's

Thanks for the advice on shops.

They are paying for a luxury car at enterprise, probably a lincoln :( Hope i can get my QP back by the end of the year.
Good luck, they do great work. Tried several in Austin, they were by far the best.

post #6 of 10 Old 12-03-2013, 11:49 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,265
Quote:

When is a Lincoln considered a luxury car?? better than the Nissan Versa POS I got when my previous Honda S2000 got hail damage

2012 GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - wife's car
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2013 Chevy Suburban
1996 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta - recently traded.
2006 GranSport - Anniversary blue - traded. great car!
post #7 of 10 Old 12-03-2013, 03:42 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 2,353
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Garage
If you're going through your insurance company it will show up on your car VIN check. Yes it will take away from the value of the vehicle, especially a Maserati. It could be ever so slight but when people see the payout regardless if you view that as being a "slight" damage incident they will follow the numbers. Just a heads up since you asked. Anytime it's reported to the insurance they have to justify the payout against the vehicle they are appraising.
post #8 of 10 Old 12-03-2013, 06:19 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Also anyone have any experience with diminished value after an accident.
Diminished value is tricky. If you were buying, how much of a savings would you need to justify pulling the trigger on a car with a story? Maybe 20%?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #9 of 10 Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

The adjuster let me know he also thinks Berli's is the best shop in Austin, so I am very thankful for the advice.

I have a local appraiser working on the diminished value, and his estimate is between 15-20%, just have to see how hard i have to push the insurance company to get that much. I told the adjuster I wanted to file the claim, and he was a little surprised. He said that if people don't ask they don't even mention it, but we would start the process once the repair is completed.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1
Great idea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode