Approved: Lamborghini URUS SUV - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Approved: Lamborghini URUS SUV

Motor Trend and other major magazines report that the Lamborghini Urus has now been approved for production and release in a few years.

It's a fact that SUV sales are still strong and even growing in many markets, and even more so for high-end vehicles. Such high-end vehicles include the gorgeous new Range Rover and Range Rover sport and are often bought as 1st, 2nd or 3rd car.

High-end SUVs will keep growing because several brands can offer sexy styling, bold designs, extremely powerful powertrains (with performances close to top sedans/coupes), luxurious interiors, ... This includes Range Rover, Maserati (traditional Maserati clues in the design, 500hp+), Bentley soon and now Lamborghini.

Looking forward to discovering the Levante next year.

Report: Lamborghini Urus Confirmed for Production - WOT on Motor Trend

17 Ghibli S - 17 Range Rover Supercharged - 14 Cadillac CTS (gone) - 12 BMW 535 (gone) - 07 Quattroporte ZF (gone) - 06 Audi A8L (gone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,580
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Motor Trend and other major magazines report that the Lamborghini Urus has now been approved for production and release in a few years.

It's a fact that SUV sales are still strong and even growing in many markets, and even more so for high-end vehicles. Such high-end vehicles include the gorgeous new Range Rover and Range Rover sport and are often bought as 1st, 2nd or 3rd car.

High-end SUVs will keep growing because several brands can offer sexy styling, bold designs, extremely powerful powertrains (with performances close to top sedans/coupes), luxurious interiors, ... This includes Range Rover, Maserati (traditional Maserati clues in the design, 500hp+), Bentley soon and now Lamborghini.

Looking forward to discovering the Levante next year.

Report: Lamborghini Urus Confirmed for Production - WOT on Motor Trend
This has to be a joke, you cannot be serious! A URUS? Say it ain't so!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 22 Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,554
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This car seems to break the mould (if only thy had broken the mould) of 'offering sexy styling'.

2013 BMW X5 in pictures - Telegraph

Talk about 'thinking outside the box'? Well all they came up with was a frikin' box!

2007 Quattroporte Sport GT Auto
FD DBW, FD ECM

post #4 of 22 Old 06-04-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

I agree mowlas. Few SUVs can be considered sexy (most of them are just bland and uninspiring, including the Cayenne). It's one of the reasons the Range Rovers are so successful and expensive (in addition to the capabilities, powertrain and interior): class and pretty designs. The Maserati Levante should be a success too. The new Lamborghini Urus is definitely "in your face", that's good, it's bold.

High-end brands have to cater to the marketplace in order to expand and sometimes "survive". It's a fact that these vehicles are 1st, 2nd and 3rd vehicles in high and growing demand around the world and that more people want high sport performances and a lot of horsepowers in them.

17 Ghibli S - 17 Range Rover Supercharged - 14 Cadillac CTS (gone) - 12 BMW 535 (gone) - 07 Quattroporte ZF (gone) - 06 Audi A8L (gone)
post #5 of 22 Old 06-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 4,111
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
How is that an SUV? Seriously? What defines the automobile illustrated in those images as an SUV?

It looks like a car that someone has lifted, slightly.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
How is that an SUV? Seriously? What defines the automobile illustrated in those images as an SUV?

It looks like a car that someone has lifted, slightly.
Hard to tell the size from the pictures. Could it be something along the size of a BMW X6 perhaps?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #7 of 22 Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisJ View Post
Hard to tell the size from the pictures. Could it be something along the size of a BMW X6 perhaps?
It might be, or a cross between the size of the X6 and a big SUV (like a Range Rover Sport). What's for sure is that it is not a regular big-sized SUV. The Levante is not too.

All of them offer a mix of cars and SUVs (RR Sport, Urus and Levante).

post #8 of 22 Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
It might be, or a cross between the size of the X6 and a big SUV (like a Range Rover Sport).
The X6 is a little longer and wider than the RR Sport but I suspect the Urus will be around that size. I agree, I don't think the Urus will be an extra large people mover.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #9 of 22 Old 06-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Quote:
I'm going strictly on what I see. I doesn't look like an SUV, it looks exactly like a car that has been raised. I like what I see, quite a lot actually, but it would be a stretch to call that a "sport utility vehicle" even more so than the others who've adopted the term undeservingly.
post #10 of 22 Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I'm going strictly on what I see. I doesn't look like an SUV, it looks exactly like a car that has been raised. I like what I see, quite a lot actually, but it would be a stretch to call that a "sport utility vehicle" even more so than the others who've adopted the term undeservingly.
Agreed. The "utility" part of SUV gets lost with many manufacturers and even more so with performance focused examples.

post #11 of 22 Old 06-06-2013, 08:16 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 797
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
The Levante is pretty light on styling in IMO. Take away the badge and insert any marque you want. It does not scream modern Italian design or sex of 4 wheels. What is there besides the name to move someone away from the competition? At least the Lamborghini is looker (for better or worse) just like LM2 was.

Former '85 Biturbo E owner 25+ years ago.

Current cars: 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription | 2017 Jaguar XE R-Sport | 2012 Aston Martin Rapide
post #12 of 22 Old 06-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
The Levante is pretty light on styling in IMO. Take away the badge and insert any marque you want. It does not scream modern Italian design or sex of 4 wheels. What is there besides the name to move someone away from the competition? At least the Lamborghini is looker (for better or worse) just like LM2 was.
Yep!

From what I've seen so far, the Levante could pass right by and fall back into the noise of the 100 other SUV models we see each day.
post #13 of 22 Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 293
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't imagine who will be driving one of these.... When I pick my daughter up from school I mom's driving Merc GL's and G wagons, bmw x5's, porsche cayenne's, and range rover but I can't imagine seeing this.....

Maserati Granturismo MC Convertible
Maserati Ghibili
Lamborghini Aventador 50th Anniversario
Ferrari FF x2
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 458 Spider
Ferrari F12
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren 722
McLaren P1
Porsche Cayenne GTS
Porsche 991 GT3
Porsche 918
post #14 of 22 Old 06-08-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
I can't imagine who will be driving one of these
Aventador owners that need capacity for 3 or 4 people on certain occasions? As you know, none of these cars are about practicality.

post #15 of 22 Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Quote:
Aventador owners that need capacity for 3 or 4 people on certain occasions? As you know, none of these cars are about practicality.
The original Lambo SUV had some interesting "utilities" but I suspect that this design will be much more about aesthetics and performance.

Also, there are other pics on the net showing the side and rear where it looks more like other modern day high-end SUVs and less like a car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode