LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #511 of 521 Old 12-11-2017, 04:01 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 160
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
She has absolutely no idea! She saw the car online and commented on how nice she thinks it looks. I called the dealership and after some negotiations, I bought the car. I told my wife that the car had been sold...but I didn't tell her that it had been sold to me! It's being shipped in an enclosed truck and I should have it in about 10 days. It will be an early Christmas present!

The car is Bordeaux Pontevecchio Metallic with Cuoio interior. It's also has a CPO warranty so I'm not too concerned about purchasing it as a pre-owned car. I uploaded some pics and I hope they're no too big!
Love it! I need to make sure my GF doesn't see this thread and get any funny ideas. Awesome gift/surprise. And truthfully my Granturismo (4.7) has been beyond reliable. I got it with 26k miles on the clock .... i've put another 21k miles on it over the past two years .... just regular maintenance really. couldn't be happier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 521 Old 12-11-2017, 09:16 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am 30, had my 2014 MC for over a year now and LOVE IT! I'm an operations manager/part owner of an aerospace engineering company (design OEM products for commercial airplanes) in Seattle WA. Married at 19, have 3 kids and expecting 4th. Love my life!!!
post #513 of 521 Old 01-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 10
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile View Post
22-years-old and currently a Mobile Apps Developer. I plan to stay in the corporate ladder until 25 and by then I should have saved up a lot of money to start my own business. I'm not sure what that is yet. Perhaps create Apps for individuals or companies. A lot of money in that.

By 30 I would like to own several businesses and properties. Right now I own a Maserati GT and live comfortably. All in due time I guess!
This is me almost 3 years ago, a couple days after turning 22. Lost the password to that account. At 21 I bought my first Maserati with my own money, owned it for a year (deeply regret selling it, plus lost so much $$ on it). I'm proud of myself for having accomplished that...

Unfortunately, I'm almost 25 and haven't saved any money. Spent it all on a greedy girlfriend, expensive lifestyle and going out to eat A LOT. Like almost every day. Even though I've made half a mill in the last 3 years.. How does one spend so much being so young with no kids? Really bad financing, constantly living paycheck to paycheck. Covering all the bills for another person. A highrise apartment. Taking forever to payoff a relatively small amount of credit debt (~$6k) that I didn't care about due to high cash flow..

I should had invested in Tesla stock or BTC/ETH... but I learned. I knew about these 3 markets very long before most people and missed the "coming". Lesson learned.

Anyways. I no longer have a girlfriend (thankfully!) and have forced myself to live on a frugal budget. No going out to eat at all, ever. Career wise I'm doing good, in the same field/industry but a higher position. I still have my entrepreneur aspirations and hope to act on it one day soon!

I still have my A7 which I adore. It's no Maserati though! Maybe one day I'll buy that 599 hah..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audi.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	108938  

post #514 of 521 Old 01-30-2018, 05:15 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 37
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I will be turning 50 in March. I was one of the owners of a finance business that we built starting in the early 2000's and managed to be profitable thru the recession. We were purchased by a bank in 2014. I was lucky in that I got paid out on my equity with the purchase and I was also kept on as the COO of the bank. Its totally different experience being an entreprenure working in an independently owned company and now being an executive employee of a bank. Looking at starting a 2nd career teaching - that is on the horizon.

I just purchased a 2014 GT-Sport which I will be picking up on Saturday. I previously leased a 2014 Ghibli SQ4 as well - which was my first experience with Maserati. The GT is amazing in every way and totally different from the Ghibli - can't wait to drive her!
post #515 of 521 Old 03-01-2018, 11:14 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 2
I will be 26 in July. I have been working at a Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Maserati dealership for some time and moved up to Internet Sales Manager and I was now Luckily able to purchase one under the employee purchase program Maserati has. I am now a proud driver of a 2017 Quattroporte. For me the key was focus, once I stopped wasting time with little distractions like tinder, video games, or social media for personal reasons I started to get results by adopting my job as part of my whole life.

I just got my 2017 Maserati Quattroporte S Q4 Gransport and I am loving it (Just went from a Hyundai Sonata to this -_-, I know)
post #516 of 521 Old 05-29-2018, 09:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
52 years old, to date.
Baseball was my life from a very early age, poured everything I had into it and it paid me back tenfold!!!
Went to college on a "full ride" division 1 baseball scholarship, was fortunate enough to be taken in the first round of the baseball amateur draft after my sophomore year. Only made it to Triple A level but I played there for 6 seasons before injury cut me down. Luckily, that was plenty good enough to set me up for life so I've never had a "9 to 5."
These days I volunteer between the Boys and Girls Club, Points of Light Foundation, and Toys for Tots

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #517 of 521 Old 06-06-2018, 02:05 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'm 42, married with two small children (5&7). I am a corporate attorney and managing partner at the firm. I've had some nice cars since I left the Marines (but only by working hard, saving and being frugal) but never really imagined I would be able to "actually" own an exotic. Then came responsibility, paying off student loans, buying the house, the wooded properties, commercial real estate and now I'm better situated where I could splurge a little bit for myself. The only reason I stayed with a QP6 was the practical need to drive kids all over and for trips (and clients). I figured, I needed a four door, why not make it a Maserati. Once the kids get older and I'm not taking them to school or events every day, I will get a flashier 2 seat exotic but for now I am very satisfied with my daily (head turner) driver.

Swift, Silent & Deadly - Recon

Current Vehicles:
2015 QP6 S4 Sport 21 Carbon
2014 LR4 HSE
2003 HD Fatboy 100th Anniversary
2001 Mustang Bullitt #1853
(Misc. other toys)
Past:
2014 Passat TDI
2006 X-Type VDP
2006 XJR
2001 9R Ninja
1996 Mustang GT
1993 Geo Storm
post #518 of 521 Old 07-04-2018, 12:01 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohuman View Post
I'm 42, married with two small children (5&7). I am a corporate attorney and managing partner at the firm. I've had some nice cars since I left the Marines (but only by working hard, saving and being frugal) but never really imagined I would be able to "actually" own an exotic. Then came responsibility, paying off student loans, buying the house, the wooded properties, commercial real estate and now I'm better situated where I could splurge a little bit for myself. The only reason I stayed with a QP6 was the practical need to drive kids all over and for trips (and clients). I figured, I needed a four door, why not make it a Maserati. Once the kids get older and I'm not taking them to school or events every day, I will get a flashier 2 seat exotic but for now I am very satisfied with my daily (head turner) driver.
you never leave the beloved Corps, Semper Fi!

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #519 of 521 Old 10-28-2018, 03:30 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4
Garage
I am a doctor and my wife owns a property management company. She bought me the car. As I said, I am only a doctor...
post #520 of 521 Old 10-28-2018, 06:48 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 41
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I am 49 years old. I am a dentist. I try to park my car at the far end of the parking lot a work. I just hope my patients don't see me in my car.
post #521 of 521 Old 10-28-2018, 07:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 135
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I am now 76 but in a previous life I was the senior partner of a substantial firm of Chartered Accountants. I have always been a petrol head, although I drove a BMW 7 for work so as not to excite the clients, but in the garage at home I had a succession of Daimler, Ferrari Bentley and a Maserati.I recently acquired 2017 QP diesel and am thoroughly enjoying it. Not as quick as some of my previous models but MPG and road holding are ample compensation and I probably don't drive as fast as I used to!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List