LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-01-2018, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 608
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Garage
NH 2016 Maserati Arrest

Anyone know of this car? I stumbled on this.....

Durham 21-year-old drives Maserati 135 mph, police say - News - seacoastonline.com - Portsmouth, NH

Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-02-2018, 06:13 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,290
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Youth does not always equal stupidity, but it seems it's an ailment more often than not ; as if 135 in a 55 zone was not thoughtless enough, it's compounded by doing than on wet roads conditions ... ugh !
post #3 of 9 Old 05-03-2018, 07:04 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lol 😂

post #4 of 9 Old 01-24-2019, 05:24 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 444
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Garage
I'm a fan of the occasional mashing of the throttle to let her run but damn. I've had my GT to a terrifying 177mph on an isolated straightaway sprint (on a track of course, officer) but certainly not in the rain and certainly not sustained longer than the handful of seconds needed to go from 75-177 and then promptly back to 75 to unpucker. The world goes by WAAAAY too fast at those speeds to be safe with others on the road.

Maserati GranTurismo = Automotive Lust

2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport

post #5 of 9 Old 01-26-2019, 12:31 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGrowl View Post
I'm a fan of the occasional mashing of the throttle to let her run but damn. I've had my GT to a terrifying 177mph on an isolated straightaway sprint (on a track of course, officer) but certainly not in the rain and certainly not sustained longer than the handful of seconds needed to go from 75-177 and then promptly back to 75 to unpucker. The world goes by WAAAAY too fast at those speeds to be safe with others on the road.
I've pretty regularly done 150mph+ on German autobahns.. including in moderate rain (lived and worked in Munich for a few years 2011-13). Pretty comfortable, did it most days of the week.. you get used to it. I wouldn't entertain doing it in countries that do not have the lane discipline of the Germans.... that's what people forget- as a culture they follow the rules and are superb drivers on average (though the Swiss are probably even better- try keep up with a Swiss citizen driving a 3 series in winter snow through the mountain roads...)
post #6 of 9 Old 01-28-2019, 05:02 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 444
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozmurc View Post
I've pretty regularly done 150mph+ on German autobahns.. including in moderate rain (lived and worked in Munich for a few years 2011-13). Pretty comfortable, did it most days of the week.. you get used to it. I wouldn't entertain doing it in countries that do not have the lane discipline of the Germans.... that's what people forget- as a culture they follow the rules and are superb drivers on average (though the Swiss are probably even better- try keep up with a Swiss citizen driving a 3 series in winter snow through the mountain roads...)
I've been fortunate to drive roads in various parts of the world as well and, while the US is better than less developed countries where chaos rules the roadways, it is light years behind most of Europe in skill, etiquette, and rule obedience. I would love to take a GT up the autobahn some day!!!

Maserati GranTurismo = Automotive Lust

2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport

post #7 of 9 Old 01-29-2019, 01:36 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 268
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
And then there is sadly this: https://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/1...i-fatal-crash/

2012 Gran Turismo S
post #8 of 9 Old 01-30-2019, 07:23 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 43
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGrowl View Post
I've been fortunate to drive roads in various parts of the world as well and, while the US is better than less developed countries where chaos rules the roadways, it is light years behind most of Europe in skill, etiquette, and rule obedience. I would love to take a GT up the autobahn some day!!!

Well, you'd better hurry up - we are discussing general speed limit in Germany at the moment... currently car industry lobbyists are still strong enough... but climate fights back.

I admit german drivers are used to highspeed drivers on the autobahn - but nevertheless the risk of severe accidents raises exponentially. And there are many idiots on the road, too...

So driving more than 120 mph is never relax.... even if your car pretends it is... Of course it's fun on an empty road
post #9 of 9 Old 01-30-2019, 05:55 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,290
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Statistically, your chances of death, or at least severe injury increase not just proportionally, but in essence exponentially with every 10 mph increment over 125 mph ( which has been designated as the threshold where a very well maintained sports car can still be controlled when facing a sudden hazard ). Clearly that chance increases at an even more rapid pace in poor weather conditions , bad roads , roads with inclines or curves, and/or countries where drivers have little respect for driving protocol. I recall reading in one of the car magazines that driving a Bugatti Veyron at 250 mph, on a perfectly paved straight highway in the middle of the desert , without any proximate hazards ( trees, ditches, etc ) or possibility of hitting some critter , and of course with no other cars in sight.. still leads to a 25% chance of death or major injury to a driver, if ANYTHING whatsoever goes wrong by virtue of either driver fault or car problem, and a little less of a chance for a professional driver, but still .. So BE CAREFUL out there and if you choose to go 150, 180, or whatnot just as long as you know and come to terms with the risks you're taking, it's entirely your call..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode