RE: 2006 White GranSport for sale in TX: Since a few of you guys asked, here’s what I have been able to dig up and/or gather:
- It has a murky and questionable past!
- Currently it shows unusually low miles (~12Kml)
- Carfax shows last recorded mileage of ~6,200 in 8/2015
- Owner #3
renewed its registration back in 2015 followed by immediately passing it onto the hands of 1st of 3+ used car dealers who from there held onto the car between them, moving it from state to state for the following 12-14 months!
- The dealers transferred between themselves this GS without registering it, selling it, or any documentation of what was going on during that period!
- Immediately upon the GS turning 10 yrs old, when it could be claimed “EXEMPT” odometer-vise, the 3rd dealer claims its odometer rating as “EXEMPT” and sells it to now owner #4
- Owner #4
is an easy-going nice guy who probably didn’t know any better...overpaid and without research purchased it on an impulse buy
- This last owner has a title with “EXEMPT” as odometer reading along with a non-signed, no header letter from last dealer claiming: “...odometer reading reflects the amount mileage in excess of its mechanical limits” which means the odometer reading is not to be trusted!
- Having looked up the history on 1 of the 3 dealers who held onto the car (in Chicago), that dealer has numerous detailed complaints online for having rolled back mileage and/or similar fraudulent mechanical and/or odometer disclosures on other vehicles
- A contact of mine at Maserati CA looked up or dug into what alternate records a he could find and mentioned that he sees a chronologically odd mileage record for this vehicle that is at odd with the mileage history Carfax shows...dated back while the vehicle was in the possession of the dealer(s)!
- There are no service history available for the vehicle to trace any other history
As mentioned, since a few individuals here PM’d me to find out more, I though I simply post this here. The VIN for this vehicle has the last 4 digits of “5421”.