LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 116 Old 08-27-2018, 02:12 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 671
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFulop View Post
I don't know why you say that... QP and GranSport from 05-06 have similar values on the market.
That's true you are right. But for Bentley the door count makes the difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 116 Old 08-28-2018, 05:18 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,359
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
The big problem with the Turbo R and the earlier Arnages was the Head Gaskets which will go at some time and costs £4-5000 to fix. Later Arnages had tappet problems which are also expensive to fix. Rust is no worse than any other car of that vintage.
The engine may be old but they are highly developed and produce terrific torque and 450BHP. If you floor it at 100mph it will still throw you back in the seat.

I have had 2 Bentleys a continental R and an ArnageT and 2 QPs a 2009 duoselect and a 2017 v6 diesel. All great cars!
450 bhp? The auction posting for the 2003 says 400 bhp. Are they wrong? I know that by 2009 final production they went most of the way to 500 hp.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #48 of 116 Old 08-28-2018, 09:52 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
The Arnage in the Auction is an Arnage R. which was 400bhp. The sister model was the Arnage T and this is quoted at 450bhp and was much quicker and sharper to drive.

post #49 of 116 Old 08-29-2018, 02:51 AM

InnerCircle

The Arnage sold for $23,000! Incredible, that's what I paid for my 2005 QP. I would rather have the Bentley. It looks to be in better condition overall, too, despite having more miles than my car.

So I guess we Maserati guys can take solace in the fact that our cars aren't the only grossly undervalued vehicles on Earth.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #50 of 116 Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 135
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
When comparing a QP with an Arnage it is worth remembering that the Bentley would have cost about £100,000 more than a QP when new. The cabin is far better trimmed on the Bentley but has surprisingly less leg room for the taller driver. The QP has much better roadholding and in the UK you can park it and not attract the unwanted attention that a Bentley would attract.Both cars are extremely cheap compared to list price but this reflects the possibility of large bills for any work they require. I bought my 2017 QP with 7500 miles on it for half list price! At least I have got over 2 years of warranty left.
post #51 of 116 Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 AM

InnerCircle

Yes I heard about the weird problem of "car envy" in the UK, with various high-end vehicles getting vandalized. Something that basically never happens in the US; I mean, cars do get vandalized, but it's usually due to a personal issue (scorned woman), to steal something, or to just wreak havoc. I have never heard of a case of car vandalism in the USA based on general resentment of the upper class.

As for road-holding, it is actually tough to beat the QP V even with most sports cars. 0.9 g skidpad is a very high number for a 4-door car, and I would never have expected that from the stately Bentley.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #52 of 116 Old 09-06-2018, 03:39 PM
psk

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The 4200 series especially the GranSport and MC Victory are cars that most of the market does not even KNOW about. Their prices are too good to be true, but they are. The problem is not only maintenance costs, but the fact that the market is not even aware that these master pieces exist and are available for a steal. They need major exposure to increase in value.

The MC Victory (only 50 in the US) features the same carbon fiber bucket seats installed in the Enzo and the MC12, a gorgeous fit and finish, and an engine designed by Ferrari! These are the best Italian supercars you can buy for the money. They are the last limited edition cars Maserati made that truly feel SPECIAL.

Once the market is educated about these cars through media (youtube videos, instagram, PR) I have a feeling these cars will jump in value. The market just isn't excited about them right now. I bet if we got youtube content creators who have a following to review these cars with a video title like "Supercar for under $40k!?" we would see an increase in demand over time and more exposure.

Last edited by psk; 09-06-2018 at 07:16 PM.
post #53 of 116 Old 09-06-2018, 05:45 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 25
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I'm in agreement with psk. Specifically, I've been tracking Gransports for about 4 years across the US and can tell you that good to great examples (2006 model year) with reasonable to low mileage bottomed out around 1.5-2 years ago.

What I've seen since then is a rebound in prices for either the same cars coming back up for sale at the same price (with higher mileage), demand driving up advertised prices by several thousand $$s or top quality examples asking about $5k less than a MCV (if you can find them). Earlier in the year there were only 3 Gransport examples available across the usual internet sites combined.

Now I've also seen some real deals on typical or plain color combos with several owners as being the best deals out there. These are special cars and if you don't mind maintaining an exceptional example, the market will catch up or respond with a higher value.
post #54 of 116 Old 09-08-2018, 02:25 AM

InnerCircle

Yes the Gransports deserve to be more pricey, generally speaking.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #55 of 116 Old 09-09-2018, 06:19 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 93
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFulop View Post
Yes the Gransports deserve to be more pricey, generally speaking.
Does anyone have an opinion if they think the gt will depreciate to same levels as time goes on? I see gransports between $15k-$24k? I’ve never researched them I just stumble across those price listings. I think it’s quite possible gt will follow (I hope I’m wrong). I’ve seen a high mileage gt in upper 20s and more in 30s range. 4.2L models or carfax reports may have also been a factor.
post #56 of 116 Old 09-12-2018, 04:07 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 128
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant435 View Post
Does anyone have an opinion if they think the gt will depreciate to same levels as time goes on? I see gransports between $15k-$24k? Iíve never researched them I just stumble across those price listings. I think itís quite possible gt will follow (I hope Iím wrong). Iíve seen a high mileage gt in upper 20s and more in 30s range. 4.2L models or carfax reports may have also been a factor.
My personal opinion is that for GranTurismo's it'll take a while to reach Coupe/GranSport levels because they honestly still look current, and it will be a long while before they are obviously dated like the Coupe.

If you're interested in that sort of thing, one could spend $30K on a GranTurismo today and run around telling girls its a brand new Maserati that you just paid $100-some odd thousand on. That's good value for your money, and buoys prices.

Now, at least where I live, girls ask me if my GranSport is vintage. And they mean that as a come-on. But I don't think that's the norm elsewhere.
post #57 of 116 Old 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 19
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit Agarwal View Post
My personal opinion is that for GranTurismo's it'll take a while to reach Coupe/GranSport levels because they honestly still look current, and it will be a long while before they are obviously dated like the Coupe.

If you're interested in that sort of thing, one could spend $30K on a GranTurismo today and run around telling girls its a brand new Maserati that you just paid $100-some odd thousand on. That's good value for your money, and buoys prices.

Now, at least where I live, girls ask me if my GranSport is vintage. And they mean that as a come-on. But I don't think that's the norm elsewhere.
Dated? Dated? My 2004 Coupe is excessively modern looking!

(My other car is a Lotus Esprit.......)

post #58 of 116 Old 09-13-2018, 12:36 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 517
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
If any the ones that will be most desirable will be the GranSport and 90th Anniversary Spyders.

Joe -www.italiancarevents.com
Ghibli SS # 2110
Mistral # 1216 ('67 NY Autoshow car)
Khamsin # 1226 (Car & Driver Test car)
Bora # 1046 (next to last production car)
Lamborghini Islero # 6243
Lamborghini Jarama # 10102
Lamborghini Jalpa #12286
Ferrari Mondial Cab # 49713
Iso Rivolta Lele Marlboro # 184 ('73 Geneva Show car)
Laforza # 159
post #59 of 116 Old 09-13-2018, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiancars View Post
If any the ones that will be most desirable will be the GranSport and 90th Anniversary Spyders.
Although I'm a GranSport owner, and I think F1 transmissions are in general misunderstood and underappreciated (there's a reason it has an "auto" button instead of a "manual" button!!!), I have to disagree with you and say I think it'll be the stick shifts. But their more homely styling and awful infotainment may hold them back as well.
post #60 of 116 Old 09-14-2018, 09:26 PM

Giving this a little more thought I want to add this: one interesting aspect of the Coupe GT is that at 400 hp its in the higher range of stick shift cars that were made before the trend towards paddles. And even those more powerful cars that offered sticks were rarely ordered with sticks. 400 is higher than even most 2019 Porsches. When it comes to Ferraris you can still find cheapish stick-shift models, but they're generally older, slower, and weaker than 400hp... the 400+hp Ferraris with stick shifts are pretty much universally spendy at this point.

Food for thought I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode