Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum (https://www.maseratilife.com/forums/)
-   Coupe, Spyder, GS (https://www.maseratilife.com/forums/coupe-spyder-gs/)
-   -   Fresh pics of my 172k mile Coupe! (https://www.maseratilife.com/forums/coupe-spyder-gs/104369-fresh-pics-my-172k.html)

ItWontStopSnowin 09-10-2017 06:59 AM

Fresh pics of my 172k mile Coupe!

mjheathcote 09-10-2017 01:03 PM

Thanks fantastic!
Would be interesting if you could summarise apart from regular servicing, what you have had to replace over that number of miles.

12 cylinders 09-10-2017 01:53 PM

Your my new HERO...!!! The biggest reason that Mazzer has held up so well...is that you obviously love and cherish that car....Nice Job!

imarihavard 09-10-2017 06:00 PM

Incredible!!!! Its beautiful AND approaching 200K....WOW!!!

ItWontStopSnowin 09-10-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjheathcote (Post 824489)
Thanks fantastic!
Would be interesting if you could summarise apart from regular servicing, what you have had to replace over that number of miles.

The clutch service has been done twice. Once at 40k and once just now at 171k. Believe it or not, the second clutch did last 131k miles! The alternator failed at about 140k, and the valve cover gaskets were done at the same time.

I just had the shift actuator fail at the same time I did the clutch. I ended up replacing the entire f1 system while the gearbox was out as with those miles, I figured now was the right time to do it.

So up until now, it has basically only been a clutch once and the alternator. Then just now I did the clutch again and the shift actuator. Other than that, just the service as recommended by Maserati.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2ab1502261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcrote5516 09-10-2017 11:26 PM

Car looks great and it's great to see it handling that kind of mileage. You have to tell us what you do to make the CC clutch last that long. Driving style, shift to neutral to glide to a stop or downshift to use engine braking? Shift to neutral at stoplights? Sport mode all the time? ect ect. Thanks for sharing.

flat_plane_eddie 09-11-2017 03:07 PM

Good for you for driving it. Quite impressive especially to know the F1 clutch lasted 131k miles!!!

ItWontStopSnowin 09-14-2017 03:52 AM

New milestone today!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3c1c8ce666.jpg

ItWontStopSnowin 09-17-2017 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrote5516 (Post 824769)
Car looks great and it's great to see it handling that kind of mileage. You have to tell us what you do to make the CC clutch last that long. Driving style, shift to neutral to glide to a stop or downshift to use engine braking? Shift to neutral at stoplights? Sport mode all the time? ect ect. Thanks for sharing.

Since the original owner of the car put the majority of the miles on that clutch, I'll relay the driving style that he suggested to me. He said that he absolutely always stayed out of auto mode. He said that's a complete "no no". He didnt mention ever using sport mode, however I greatly prefer it and logically it seems like it would prolong the clutch life as it slips the clutch a lot less.

Something else the original owner mentioned that blew me away is that the car has its original brake pads and rotors. He said he always downshifted to slow down the car and would brake as little as possible. At 172k, the brakes actually have about 20% life left. I think they'll make it to 200k! The service records confirm that there has never been any brake work aside from fluid changes.

tcrote5516 09-17-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItWontStopSnowin (Post 826850)
Since the original owner of the car put the majority of the miles on that clutch, I'll relay the driving style that he suggested to me. He said that he absolutely always stayed out of auto mode. He said that's a complete "no no". He didnt mention ever using sport mode, however I greatly prefer it and logically it seems like it would prolong the clutch life as it slips the clutch a lot less.

Something else the original owner mentioned that blew me away is that the car has its original brake pads and rotors. He said he always downshifted to slow down the car and would brake as little as possible. At 172k, the brakes actually have about 20% life left. I think they'll make it to 200k! The service records confirm that there has never been any brake work aside from fluid changes.

172k miles on original pads...on a Maserati....OK now you're just making stuff up ;) That's really incredible. Even more incredible is the fact he downshifted which adds more clutch wear per mile and he still got 130k miles out of the clutch. That has to be a well babied car and all highway miles and even so it's still very impressive. Thanks for sharing the details and I hope you get another 130k miles out of your new clutch!

homeknome 09-21-2017 12:37 AM

Could you maybe provide a summary of your experience in some areas (below) that seem to get a lot of attention on forums?
- sticky interior
- heater core
- oil leaks
- F1 relay replacement
- Cat converter rattles and deterioration
- Do you use the Formula Dynamics DBW?

thanks for your time!

ItWontStopSnowin 09-21-2017 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeknome (Post 828306)
Could you maybe provide a summary of your experience in some areas (below) that seem to get a lot of attention on forums?
- sticky interior
- heater core
- oil leaks
- F1 relay replacement
- Cat converter rattles and deterioration
- Do you use the Formula Dynamics DBW?

thanks for your time!

Certainly.

I had all of the vents, buttons, and steering column trim refinished. Lorenzo here did the vents and buttons and I did the steering column trim.

The heater core is original, but it's starting to smell coolanty. It's time for a bypass or replacement.

There are no oil leaks. The valve cover gaskets were done at about 140k. Aside from that, nothing has ever leaked and it's completely dry currently.

The F1 relay is original. No issues.

No issues ever with the cats.

I do not have the formula dynamics dbw but I'd like to get it eventually.

I hope this answers your questions!!

Gabriel7 09-21-2017 11:30 PM

Nice �� .

ItWontStopSnowin 09-22-2017 04:12 AM

"Sure! I'll go drop off those things at FedEx!" Everyone at the office thinks I'm really nice, but I just wanted another reason to drive my car!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4c85bfa2a1.jpg

TBigs 09-22-2017 04:19 AM

Impressive. Well done. You're getting your money's worth!