LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-22-2019, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 606
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Garage
2019 Website Suggestions

Ok I was asked to post my recommendations here...

I have some MINOR ones IMO.

#1 - When you click on a user to go to their personal profile, there are several tabs:
Visitor Messages>About ME>Statistics, ect... ONE that I like is "Garage" (if they have selected it) .... can we make that one more of a priority on the list? Usually it is "hidden" at the end.
Actually seeing the User's Car IS really the most important thing...can we see the car pics right away.

I know this is a doufy request but why not have it more prominent on the list toward the front or?

#2 - When you subscribe to a thread, can we make it a DEFAULT to go to the LAST most recent thread? Maybe you already can do that, but I cannot figure it out.

#2 b - While we are on subscribing to thread topic, why do we need a second page confirming we want to subscribe? I mean I did click "subscribe" to this thread.,
....they don't need to reconfirm as if I am hitting 'FIRE NUCLEAR MISSILE' - "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THAT?"

#3 Do we need so many general threads and lounges? - Seems like a lot and it is confusing.

#4 Can we make certain KNOWN repairs Sticky so we don't to repeat the same topics over and over....every time a new buyer of a >2018 GranTurismo logs on, it is:
"Hey Bluetooth sucks / Installing Backup camera options / Droopy Visor / Key FOB / Navi Screen replacement....ect.. (BTW - - YES I asked those same questions)

Sorry for the rant, just my thoughts.

Belgrade/Scarborough, Maine USA
2016 GT Rosso Mondiale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 3,279
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnam View Post
Ok I was asked to post my recommendations here...

Do we need so many general threads and lounges? - Seems like a lot and it is confusing.

Can we make certain KNOWN repairs Sticky so we don't to repeat the same topics over and over....every time a new buyer of a >2018 GranTurismo logs on, it is:
"Hey Bluetooth sucks / Installing Backup camera options / Droopy Visor / Key FOB / Navi Screen replacement....ect.. (BTW - - YES I asked those same questions)

Sorry for the rant, just my thoughts.
Threads are member created and there is no right number. It is usually better for someone to create a new thread instead of reviving a ten year old one. As to the various forums/lounges, the idea is to keep them somewhat focused so if a member wants to just read and discuss car stuff, they don't have to filter through a bunch of non-car related threads. Same with model separation, classic/modern etc.

As mods, we can make threads sticky. We don't want to fill the first two index pages with stickies though. It is better to put them in the DIY section (even though it's labeled DYI). I try to go through every now and then and identify model specific stuff. With all in one forum, it is easier to search. If something needs to be moved there, it's very helpful if members would flag it to let us know.

LCDave
2006 Coupe CC Blu Nettuno Vintage with Forgestar wheels, FD: DBWEM & springs , BMC filter, SuperSprint De-Cat, custom cat delete headers, custom x-pipe with 100cell race cats, RRP valves, G&S Exclusive Granturismo front bumper
post #3 of 4 Old 03-29-2019, 12:23 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I would like to suggest that we have another forum for track, driver education, and racing. I believe it would be helpful to separate this out from general discussion forums and possibly further promote track use of Maseratis. I included an example pic of this done on ferrarichat. Maserati Life serves a large membership and I believe there would be enough interest to congregate track discussion in its own forum. I have done some searches and there is discussion, but it is spread among several other forums and dates.

If there is additional labor involved in this, I am willing to help. I am a professor in engineering, 20year member and track driver of Porsche Club of America and have just got into Maserati.

Thank you for your efforts in running this community.
Chris Foreman, Louisville KY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Track and driver education.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	122105  

post #4 of 4 Old 03-29-2019, 03:25 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 2,407
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
I would love that people start a new thread.. Jumping onto a thread from 10 years ago because you have a check engine light is lame..Jason

ASE Master Tech. 29 years experience
Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, & Jaguar technician.
Guru in Atlanta of Jaguar V12 & XJS cars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode