Maserati Forum banner

Looking for sound !

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Cyril@FormulaDynamics 
#1 ·
Hello readers, I'm interested in adding a little more volume to my QP. I love the stock sound but a little more wouldn't hurt. When I was buying my QP at the Maserati dealership a few months ago they of course had Maserati's coming in and out, and what really caught my ear was the Gran Turismo's sound it's just PERFECT. I plan on purchasing one in the near future anyways...I know FormulaDynamics offers an H & X pipe for the QP...would anyone happen to know if upgrading to either of those would get me on a GT's level sound wise ? I wouldn't like to upgrade the actual muffler.

Thanks

#2 ·
I have a really good muffler guy here in So Cal and he removed the center muffler and installed a universal X-pipe on my qp. This was just a little more ferrari sound, but not too much as I am not a young kid any more...(he did it for $250 including the part, but that is dirt cheap) I would have paid more as I am very happy with the new sound...

#3 ·
I replaced my stock center resonator with the Larini-X pipe and love it. Overall, I would say the volume increased by approximately 15% which may not seem like much, but when you are hard on the throttle or down shifting, the sound is incredible. You'll also notice more exhaust pulsing when down shifting or letting off the throttle.

#4 ·
Larini Xpipe or Hpipe

Hey Campaign308,

The Larini Xpipe will give you a little more volume and allow you to hear the extra "Crackle and Pops" in your exhaust system which gives the exhaust more character. The volume increase isn't really loud loud by any means but its definitely better. The Hpipe isn't even worth talking about in this situation for what you're looking to do. I would say rule that out. The thing that will really add great volume to your system if that's what you're looking for is the Larini Sportcats. Different from the Xpipe but they add both great volume increase and a good bump in horsepower. That's the way to go depending on your budget. Give me a call at 702.430.1040 and I can talk to you about each of the items to explain it more if you have some questions.

Hope that helps,

Cyril

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.