Maserati Forum banner

Pink headlight

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SVBMD 
#1 ·
Hi All,

One of my headlights has turned pink. I'm assuming the xenon bulb needs replacing.

The OEM bulbs seem expensive, so does anyone know of a non-OEM alternative?

Any guide on steps to replace would be great too.

Thanks

Jon

#2 ·
Ya it seems like you need to replace them. You can get PHILIPS D2S XENON BULBS PART #85122 + on ebay for 40 bucks for 2 of them. My suggestion would be to replace both of them. To replace youo would need to take of your wheels and take the inner cover off which covers the wheel well, then you can see the headlights back side cover which is held in by two long metal brackets. Take those off and the plastic cover pops off then you have access to the bulbs. Good Luck

#4 ·
Jonty did you do this replacement?

Does this bulb fit? one of mine is pink so I want to be sure the part number is correct before I order.

thanks.

#7 ·
I just got the light replacement done. It is a bear of a task but it is satisfying when completed. I upgraded to a 5k light from the OEM 4300, and it looks pretty sweet.

Here is a tip from my experience: Put the bulb in the headlight housing in the correct position before fitting the socket and the electrical connection. Then twist to lock everything in and then connect the wire.

Obviously, the first side took much longer because I had no idea what I was doing and I was fiddling with the bulb and housing for a while, wasting time.

Overall, this should take 2 to 2.5 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.