Part numbers?? - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati Quattroporte ::

Part numbers??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 348
Default Part numbers??

Got my car back from the dealer who put in a clutch and other stuff to fix the clutch issue I have been having. All expense was paid by dealer and for that I'm very grateful of them. I starting having clutch issue a week after I got the car. According to them clutch was 30% worn when I purchased it but a check from another shop read 100% worn few weeks later.

It turns out there is some of sort of sensor device on the clutch which sends the reading to the SD2 computer and it was actually broken hence it was throwing 100% reading. They however replaced the clutch, sensor and F1 pump. I have the part numbers and wanted to cross check to verify the parts replaced. I tried http://www.eurospares.co.uk but didn't the following.

Parts replaced on my 06 QP Sport GT F1

M228738
M201935
M213264
M155437
M194909

Where can I find the name/description of these parts?

Maserati QP Sport GT
2006 QP Sport GT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 PM

Never mind!! I found the parts on http://www.eurospares.co.uk. I was entering part numbers beginning with 'M'. You don't need to include that.

Here what I found on maseratipartsusa.com and eurospares.co.uk:

M228738 - Complete Clutch
M201935 - F1 Sensor Kit
M213264 - Hydraulic Pump (F1 Pump?)
M155437 - ABS Relay (?)
M194909 - Relay Z.b. Interruttore 50 Amp (?)

Maserati QP Sport GT
2006 QP Sport GT
Old 08-28-2012, 06:09 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 392

I remember when you first had the issue and you were about to hang the dealer... This is brilliant that everything has worked out for you AND that the dealer stood behind the vehicle even after the sale which usually comes with an as is/where is clause.

Who's the dealer? He deserves a bit of credit.

Mercedes SL55 AMG
2007 Maserati Quattroporte Exec GT

Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 900

I was under the impression that when you replaced the clutch you needed to replace the flywheel on these cars as well as it can't be machined.

Jason
2007 QP Exec GT- F1 trans (duoselect), Grigio Silverstone with Nero Interior, Tubi rear exhaust and Larini X-pipe, 20" Sport GT rims
Formula Dynamics Mods: DBW, ECM, swaybars, sport coilovers, air filter
Master Mechanic and Previous Automotive Engineer at Ford
Other cars: 1973 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1995 Alfa Romeo 164 Quadrifoglio, 2005 GMC Envoy XL V8, 2006 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 571

I believe that is "recommended" to not machine since it isn't flat like some standard ones, but it can be done.

Really though, I think the flywheel is a contentious piece. In most cases you can probably get away without replacing or doing anything to it, but because it is cheap compared to the labor, it is recommended to change.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 AM

No, I don't believe the flywheels were changed. Only parts changed are the ones I listed above. Yes, the dealer (AutoOne Palladini) and their tech shop (Forza Motoring), both located next to each other here in Toronto, deserves all the credit and praises. Credit goes to the people I dealt with. All were professional and cooperative.

The only trouble is, even after the replacements, I'm still getting "gear unavailable" warning. Before, I use to hear this BIG grind or slipping noise whenever I got that error but now there is no noise but error does prop occasionally. The PIS is set at I believe 41.5.

I'm not very sure what could be causing this still. Yes, I can take it back to dealer but I think they have done enough for me already. If you can shed some light, that would be helpful.

Maserati QP Sport GT
2006 QP Sport GT

Last edited by webdev; 08-29-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Sponsor
InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 362

Take it to a shop that has the proper factory scan tool. Forza does not have the correct tools
to work on these cars.That's why they had incorrect clutch wear .
Did they show you all the old parts that they changed. They are known for installing rebuilt clutches and telling people they installed new ones.
You should thank Daytona Auto Service for tell you what was wrong and help you get the work done under warranty. They should have done the work before you bought the car. If you had the problem 6 months after you bought the car . they would have not repair the car for free.
I have repair many cars that they have sold that the work should have been done before delivery. they try to get away with not spending any money on the cars that they sell.
Hope you have fun with your car.
If you have anymore problem please let me know.
Thanks
Alex.

MASERATI SERVICE.
Daytona Auto Service
5309 hwy 7
Woodbridge Ontario
905 264 9982
https://www.facebook.com/daytonasportscars
www.daytonaauto.ca
Dealer for Capristo Perfromance Mufflers
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 PM

Alex,

They showed me the old parts (including the clutch). I also have the receipts from where they bought the parts. Definitely, I also like to thank Daytona for letting me know what's wrong with the car.

I want to however get rid of "gear unavailable" warning that I still get without keeping the car in the garage for days.

Maserati QP Sport GT
2006 QP Sport GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.