Service Cost - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati Quattroporte ::

Service Cost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 06:45 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Default Service Cost

Help! I've read through a number of posts and can't seem to find the definitive answer to the frequency and cost of maintenance (excluding cost of new tires) at a dealership for a 2007 Quattroporte, thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 53

My routine service cost $1600 at the local dealership. They also wanted approximately $1800 for both sets of pads and one set of rear rotors (parts only), but I went with FD for the later items. I have found a place locally (not a dealer) that will do the service for about 1/4 that amount. As far as teh frequency, it is variable as far as I can tell from the forum members. Some say 1/yr, others every 7k. The car tells me every 12k, but how smart is that italian with 4 wheels anyhow.

2007 QP Sport GT
2001 Harley Davidson Road king classic
Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 633

Oil every 6-7k miles or once per year. Full fluids once every other year. Check the manual for extra bits like belts, filters, etc etc. The cost of an oil change can be $400-1000 depending on where you go and the full fluids/belts change can be as high at $2400 at a dealer. The clutch will need to be replaced every once in a while depending on your driving style, you should have then change not just he clutch but also all the bearings etc etc and it can run you up to $6000. Some have paid $3k, but I think that this lower price is just for the clutch plate replacement - not recommended.

2006 GranSport, Maserati Corse Victory #65, Bianco Fuji
2006 Quattroporte Sport GT, Nero Carbonio Metallic
Old 10-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 3,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokuo View Post
Help! I've read through a number of posts and can't seem to find the definitive answer to the frequency and cost of maintenance (excluding cost of new tires) at a dealership for a 2007 Quattroporte, thanks in advance!
Manual or automatic? They offered both in '07. Repair costs are different between them.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1

Monday I will be paying 1750 for all fluid and filters and safety chk
2007 auto QP
1973 eldorado con
Denails 03 07
Old 10-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5

Oh yes forgot that point automatic!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,808
Default 2006 Qp

I take mine in once a year... oil change, look over, annual state inspection... this does not include problems - which. thankfully, have been few and are all warranties.

Annual inspection bills out at $347.50 for labor and totalling $517.60

Every year it runs between $500 and $600 dollars.

I drive around 5000 miles per year, almost totally highway - so the wear and tear is minimal.

I agree with the other comments - it depends on your driving habits - both mileage and style of driving.

Tires are additional.... rears go almost to 10,000 miles - double that for the fronts - but remember, I'm mostly highway and no track days.

WW
Old 03-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 58

are the tires p-zero rosso's? that's what i have on the lambo & i believe the rears are only rated to 5,500 miles...though have the engine in rear with more weight..was able to stretch useage to 7,000 miles but down to the wear bars.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 106
Send a message via Yahoo to Outlier

I just had an annual service done, and included the Formula Dynamics annual service kit for the QP. Total cost was $1,600. I got it done at Borelli Motorsports in San Jose, CA. I was very happy with the service.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 992

I just had two front tires replaced on my 07 Sport GT. Pirelli P-Zeros were close to $400 a piece and $950 installed and balanced. The a total fluid service would have cost me $1,950 at the dealership, but can get it done for half the price by at a reputable independent shop.

'13 Gran Turismo Sport (Grigio Granito/Nuovo Sabbia)
'07 Quattroporte Sport GT (Nero/Beige)
'67 Austin Healey 3000 MK III (Maroon/Black)
'61 Jaguar Mark II 3.8 (Black/Red)
'10 MINI Cooper S Clubman (dark silver/black)
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 PM
InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by russarch View Post
I just had two front tires replaced on my 07 Sport GT. Pirelli P-Zeros were close to $400 a piece and $950 installed and balanced. The a total fluid service would have cost me $1,950 at the dealership, but can get it done for half the price by at a reputable independent shop.
Where did you get P-zeros for that price? Were they 20"?
In Canada, I'm getting quotes DOUBLE that price!!!!! Can you give me the specs when you have time?

2011 Quattroporte Sport GT S
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 3,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanzyl View Post
In Canada, I'm getting quotes DOUBLE that price!!!!! Can you give me the specs when you have time?
My prices have been very similar. The dealer got them through Tire Rack - I only paid cost.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 106
Send a message via Yahoo to Outlier

Another online tire outfit I was looking at was Buy Tires which seemed to have ok prices. Although, strangely enough, the independent mechanic I generally use (Borelli Motorsports) gave me a tire quote below what I could find online anywhere. Am getting my new rears on Thursday; can't wait.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 PM
InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanzyl View Post
Bvanzyl, I recently got my two front tires (245/35ZR20's) from a guy on ebay at $160 a piece, and the rears (295/30ZR20's) from tire rack at around $350 ea. That's USD, by the way!!

2013 Maserati GT-MC, Bianco Eldorado/Nero
FD Drive By Wire

(Traded) 2009 Maserati QP, Grigio Granito/Nero
Larini X-pipe, Larini Valved Mufflers, FD Drive By Wire, 20" Neptunes, GTS Concave Grill, Ultimate Race Pedals
Old 04-05-2011, 09:48 PM
InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadport09 View Post
Bvanzyl, I recently got my two front tires (245/35ZR20's) from a guy on ebay at $160 a piece, and the rears (295/30ZR20's) from tire rack at around $350 ea. That's USD, by the way!!
Thanks. USD = CAD right now, so we really are talking a factor of 2 (or more!) in price. I'll have to call around to some other tire places and see what the #'s are.

I am too shocked to tell you what I paid for my last set of P-zeros

2011 Quattroporte Sport GT S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.