Maserati Forum banner

Maserati Quattroporte GTS Larini Exhaust System

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  FormulaDynamics 
#1 ·
I am interested in installing a complete Larini exhaust system on my 2008 Maserati QP GTS. (Cats, X-Pipe, & Mufflers) I am looking for some feedback so I can make a decision on which way I am going to go. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

1) Any other manufacturers I should look at?
2) Is the X-Pipe too loud since I also want to change the cats?
3) Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi,

You can't go wrong with Larini system, in my opinion they are the best with Maserati.

Adding the full system will increase your Hp and respond and you will be able to notice the difference.

Adding mufflers with X pipe will make the car sounds beautiful not very loud, sport cats will increase your performance and will make it a bet loud. However, if you are going with the full system my suggestion get the valvetronic mufflers and you will be fine.

I have 2009 Qp 4.7 with Larini full system I love how the car sounds and now I have lots of popps!!

Below is a cold start of my car, a bet loud early in the morning.

https://youtu.be/ZZ7OKy6aWQs

#4 ·
You should be in great shape with the Larini system you're looking at but feel free to reach out and speak with us directly if you want comparisons of how each part affects the sounds. We're always happy to speak one on one to help you choose the setup that's right for you!

Best Regards,

#6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know if I want to go with the valved exhaust because I don't like that I have to control the valves via a remote. I would go for it if If the could control the valves via the sport button on the dash. Also since I am doing the whole system I might opt for the H pipe instead of the X pipe so it isn't really loud. Once again thank for the feedback

#8 ·
Something to consider is that having the exhaust control on a separate remote or switch (we offer both) is something that many owners actually appreciate over having it tied to the sport mode button. So even owners with the 4.7L GTS models w/ valved exhaust get our muffler valve control kit because it's often nice to be cruising in the normal mode but with the louder exhaust or likewise to be in the Sport Mode with quieter exhaust. It actually shouldn't be too hard to wire this over to the Sport mode button if you really wanted to and we may be able to help but again we find that most owners actually find that they like having the separate controls. In any case, feel free to contact us for any help!

Best Regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.