TPMS sensors - Page 2 - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 85 Old 05-26-2011, 02:59 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
X-man, if your wheels already have TPMS sensors and they have just gone bad, then all you need are replacement sensors because the stems can be re-used. If, on the other hand, you have winter tires or spares that don't have TPMS sensors at all, then you'll need the sensor and the proper length stem to go with it. I'll try to find out the right stem for the QP and post it...

2013 Maserati GT-MC, Bianco Eldorado/Nero
FD Drive By Wire

(Traded) 2009 Maserati QP, Grigio Granito/Nero
Larini X-pipe, Larini Valved Mufflers, FD Drive By Wire, 20" Neptunes, GTS Concave Grill, Ultimate Race Pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 85 Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM

The stems for the QP, according to TPMS wholesalers, is the 43mm GREY Beru part number# RDV 001. I just ordered one to try.

Here's a link to the part on ebay:NEW- Beru Valve Stems for Beru TPMS sensors (43mm) | eBay

Good luck!

FD Drive By Wire

Larini X-pipe, Larini Valved Mufflers, FD Drive By Wire, 20" Neptunes, GTS Concave Grill, Ultimate Race Pedals
post #18 of 85 Old 05-26-2011, 07:10 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 778
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
These are the sensors I purchased for my new wheels. They work great, and are on point with the psi readings.

BRAND NEW ORO-TEK TPMS SENSORS OBE-001 WITH WARRANTY | eBay

Refined Elegance
2005 Quattroporte DuoSelect/F-1 Bronzo Montecarlo/Black SOLD

post #19 of 85 Old 05-26-2011, 08:11 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 628
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCinStylez View Post
These are the sensors I purchased for my new wheels. They work great, and are on point with the psi readings.

BRAND NEW ORO-TEK TPMS SENSORS OBE-001 WITH WARRANTY | eBay
Thanks RaCinStylez. Did you need the dealer to intervene or do any type of ECU coding? I suspect all you did was calibrate the new wheels, no?

2011 Quattroporte Sport GT S
post #20 of 85 Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 778
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanzyl View Post
Thanks RaCinStylez. Did you need the dealer to intervene or do any type of ECU coding? I suspect all you did was calibrate the new wheels, no?
Discount tire did the install, and on the way home I just pushed the calibration button. Everything was back to normal by the time I reach my place. I double checked the sensors with a manual tire gauge and they were spot on.

Refined Elegance
2005 Quattroporte DuoSelect/F-1 Bronzo Montecarlo/Black SOLD
post #21 of 85 Old 05-27-2011, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 37
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bavarianx.com confirms their kit comes complete with sensor and valve stems. Prices are fairly similar with other members who bought from ebay. And looks like no dealer intervention is necessary. I'm ready to go! Once again thanks everyone. This forum is very beneficial to all maser owners, please keep it up!
post #22 of 85 Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 PM

X-man, post your results and the part number of the TPMS sensors when you get them!

I find it interesting that bavarianx.com distinguishes between TPMS sensors for Maserati QP's between 2004-2009 and those for model years 2010+. I was not aware that there was a change in the sensors or the TPMS system.

FD Drive By Wire

post #23 of 85 Old 05-27-2011, 02:46 PM

InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadport09 View Post
X-man, post your results and the part number of the TPMS sensors when you get them!

I find it interesting that bavarianx.com distinguishes between TPMS sensors for Maserati QP's between 2004-2009 and those for model years 2010+. I was not aware that there was a change in the sensors or the TPMS system.
There is no change AFAIK. As before, perhaps they are just covering their a**es. I would be very surprised if the 2009 TPMS didn't work in the 2010 or 2011 QPs.

I've been to aftermarket wheel sites before, and they too distinguish wheels pre 2009 and wheels post 2009 - there is no difference. I can get 2005 QP wheels which will fit on my 2011.

X-MAN and QuadPort09, please do post your results.

Site name (ebay seller):
Part number:
Model Year the sensors were officially supposed to be for:
Dealer intervention required?:

These results will be highly useful to all ML QP owners. Thanks again for taking the plunge.

post #24 of 85 Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanzyl View Post
There is no change AFAIK. As before, perhaps they are just covering their a**es. I would be very surprised if the 2009 TPMS didn't work in the 2010 or 2011 QPs.

I've been to aftermarket wheel sites before, and they too distinguish wheels pre 2009 and wheels post 2009 - there is no difference. I can get 2005 QP wheels which will fit on my 2011.
TPMS on the QP was changed from late 2010 from being and 'old' system to a 'new' system. The two systems are completely different, and the wheel sensors for the two systems are incompatible. If you want to see if you've got the new system, look at the back of the rear wheel arches (behind the liners, and best viewed by looking upwards from underneath) and see if you have a small square box attached to a bracket on each side, instead of a rectangular one.

The wheel styles have nothing to do with the TPMS.

If you require sensors for the new system, they are the same as on the GT from middle of 2010 onwards, or Ferrari California and 458. Alternatively, drop me a message.
post #25 of 85 Old 06-04-2011, 11:47 AM

InnerCircle

Huh. That is good to know. Thanks for that; namely late 2010+ have different TMPS sensors on the QP.

post #26 of 85 Old 06-28-2011, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadport09 View Post

Hey guys, I just installed the sensors from Bavarianx. The system don't read. It's saying "TPMS temporily not in service"! Looks like I have to try get dealer to do a reset and if they don't....
post #27 of 85 Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 AM

Bummer.

Just before I was going to try out the new sensor and valve that I bought, I started having problems with the factory TPMS system - I'm getting the error "TPMS Malfunction". I have to make an appointment at the dealer to get it fixed before I introduce anything new into the equation. So unfortunately, I can't tell you if the BERU002 will work as an aftermarket replacement.

FD Drive By Wire

post #28 of 85 Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-MAN View Post
Hey guys, I just installed the sensors from Bavarianx. The system don't read. It's saying "TPMS temporily not in service"! Looks like I have to try get dealer to do a reset and if they don't....
Have you pressed and held down the TPMS calibration button for 5 seconds with the engine running, then driven the car continuously for 10 minutes?

If the sensors are the correct ones, then there's absolutely no need to take it to the dealer after installing new sensors.
post #29 of 85 Old 07-01-2011, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

I did! I also wrote to Bavarianx to clarify. They advised that dealer reset may be necessary. I'll have to call them on Monday.
post #30 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-MAN View Post
They advised that dealer reset may be necessary. I'll have to call them on Monday.
A dealer 'reset' is not necessary and doesn't achieve anything different to the calibrate button.

If you've put the sensors in the wheels and it's not picking them up, the dealership won't be able to identify the serial numbers of the sensors (unless you kept a record?) to load in the IDs via diagnostics (which is the only thing extra they can do).

I'd say that they've sold you the wrong sensors. On their website they're showing the same sensor for the Quattroporte as for the F430 2007+ which is definitely not the case. If your sensors aren't orange, I'd say it's most likely that you've got the wrong sensors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode