Battery Replacement - Page 2 - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Repeated Battery Replacement

You all need to make shure that your installer (or you) is performing a paracitic draw test after installing the new battery. The spec is about .045mA after about 20 min of vehicle sitting with nothing on and also make shure trunk light is off. I have found alot of M138's with a paracitic draw problems. This will cut you battery life in half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 01-04-2011, 12:27 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 338
I got the Optima Red Top today and so far I've been very please with it.

It even sounds better when I fire up the car.

With my other battery - I was holding my breath every time I had to crank it.
post #18 of 24 Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 13
I just bought an interstate MTP-48 H6 from firestone. They would not install it for me because they are afraid to make a mistake. I have a 04 spyder, isnt it just as simple as swapping out the battery? Is there anything to "configure"?
post #19 of 24 Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 824
Make sure you get the vent kit/tube.
post #20 of 24 Old 06-12-2011, 05:27 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 338
Also I believe that the Red Top doesn't need a vent tube since the battery doesn't breath. I think it's a gel time interior.
post #21 of 24 Old 06-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4
battery

I purchased the MTP-48 H6 for my 2003 GT coupe, and while it did fit, it was noticeably taller than the battery i replaced. For that reason the strap was not long enough. It would be nice if the strap was adjustable. The MTP-91 is the right size but requires a vent kit which I cannot locate.
post #22 of 24 Old 06-06-2015, 12:22 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 21
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Wanted to add some information for those searching in the future and this seemed to be a good thread (no point in starting a new one). I just replaced my battery on my 2003 Coupe and wanted to consolidate some info from my searches I did on here as well as add some new info.

- Per other posts, the Coupe/Spyder does not need a radio code if the battery is disconnected. This only applies to the GS.
- Group size 48/H6 is the "standard" size for the cars. Others will fit (ex. Optima 34r). Non-AGM batteries require the use of the vent tube, AGM does not; it is sealed. Non-AGM batteries evolve hydrogen gas which needs to be properly vented.
- I went with a NAPA Legend AGM battery, part BAT 9848. This replaced a MEGA-TRON PLUS 91 battery that was in the car and of unknown age. The NAPA is the same case design as the Odyssey AGM but I do not know for sure if they come from the same manufacturer. Other than lifting up slightly on the fuse box, it slid right into place. The strap fit over the top without issue.
- To avoid any issues with battery disconnection, NAPA loaned me a Schumacher OBD II computer memory unit battery. I connected it to the OBD port and prior to removing the old battery, I turned the shutoff knob on the car to the off position and confirmed that the OBD battery was maintaining power (trunk light was still on). Do not insert the ignition key. I proceeded to replace the battery, turned the shutoff knob back to on, and then removed the Schumacher device. All settings in the car were maintained.
post #23 of 24 Old 10-08-2015, 07:48 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 3
For Maserati battery installation in India not need to worry. Because BatteryBhai (online battery store in India) having all Maserati car models batteries at competitive prices with free delivery. Provide battery services on spot where you are. Now enjoying hassle free shopping at home.
post #24 of 24 Old 10-14-2015, 08:11 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
To update this thread, my '08 QP took an H8 battery, which is significantly longer than the H6 noted in the cars above. I also saved the battery vent from my factory battery and it plugged right in.

Either MT-49H8 or MTP-49H8 will work, just have differences in warranty basically.

'08 Quattroporte (Daily Driver)
'05 Viper (Mamba Edition, TT, 1,400whp)
'98 M3 (Race Car)
'03 X5 (Tow Vehicle)
'99 Eclipse GST (I don't know why I still have this)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode