4 digit radio code - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4 digit radio code

Is there a "back door" for resetting this short of going to the dealership.

Disconnected the battery while I replaced a bulb only to get the request for the 4 digit code (which I don't have of course).

I can steal the car but won't be able to use the radio! :-(

2011 Tesla S
2005 Maserati Quattroporte
2004 Panoz Esperante
2001 Lincoln LS Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 78
radio code

Not only did the dealer charge me $150 to get the radio back on (apparantly they can get it on without the code). After getting the radio back on, he then said he had to get the numbers off the radio and then send to Mas factory to get the code for and additional $175.

I still don't have my code after a year cause I have refused to pay. Hope my battery never goes dead.
post #3 of 31 Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

If the dealer can do it then presumably there is a back door then of some sort. I saw a reference to changing the code for the CD changer but nothing for the radio.

I hardly see the point of a security code on the radio.

2011 Tesla S
2004 Panoz Esperante
2001 Lincoln LS Sport

post #4 of 31 Old 01-15-2008, 03:17 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 431
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Try these folk:

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/

A local ICE company quoted me £20+ and several days to decode or recode my Becker, but DND supplied the code via email for £5 in under an hour (the price appears to be model dependent). They can also be found on eBay:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DND-Services-Ltd

Usual disclaimer applies in that I have no connection with the company other than as a customer.
post #5 of 31 Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.

I found a software application that will generate the code for the QP deck as well. Now I just need to figure out how to get the front panel off to access the unit to get at the serial number.

I found a couple of screws hidden in behind the clock (clock and vent module just popped out), but it appears as though there are some hidden screws at the bottom as well.

Anyone know the trick to removing the panel?

2011 Tesla S
2004 Panoz Esperante
2001 Lincoln LS Sport
post #6 of 31 Old 01-15-2008, 07:27 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 909
I don't know about all these charges. We keep radio codes for every car we sell new, seems like a no nonsense customer service thing.

I can call the Porsche dealership and get radio codes, I don't know why we can't do the same thing.

Anyway.

Paradon - sent you a PM.
post #7 of 31 Old 01-17-2008, 01:24 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 78
radio codes

What about the ones you don't sell. I bought the car from a private owner and the dealers in Chicago almost seem to resent you for that. It seems as if they forget that the car won't last forever and that you will likely return to the market at some point. . . and not the dealer who was "not so friendy" in the past.
post #8 of 31 Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 PM

Justice - we service a number of cars we didn't originally sell, and we make no distinction in our service department - loaners included. However, I think we are the exception to the rule on that. I know our land rover service down the street won't give loaners to people that bought their rovers from us - so those customers bring their rovers to us, we setup the service appt, and give the customer a loaner. They can either pickup their car from the dealer and leave our loaner there - which we will pickup - or we can pickup their car and they can swap here.

Frankly, we think if you're in the business of selling high line cars - you have to have high line service. Even if you didn't buy your current car from us - if we treat you that well - you're more likely to buy your next car from us, or recommend us. And the reality is that kind of service might cost us an extra 3-6 man hours per week, which is definitely worth it.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,419
Hey Mark!

Did you get my email?
post #10 of 31 Old 01-22-2008, 12:25 AM

post #11 of 31 Old 01-23-2008, 12:45 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 602
code generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradon View Post
I found a software application that will generate the code for the QP deck as well.
Are you able to share what the application is and/or where to find it? Thanks in advance.
post #12 of 31 Old 01-23-2008, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

I you Google "radio code" blaupunkt you will get a lot of responses. I tried a couple of the free code generators and didn't get a code that worked so I just went ahead and paid 8 quid to www.radio-code.co.uk and their instant code worked fine.

2011 Tesla S
2004 Panoz Esperante
2001 Lincoln LS Sport
post #13 of 31 Old 02-23-2008, 11:10 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 45
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
MNA does charge dealers $50 for radio codes now. Many dealers who wish to build a relationship with a client simply absorb the cost. I know we do and it appears the guys a MN do as well.
post #14 of 31 Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Windsock,

Why play the game with MNA? The head unit is a Blaupunkt on the QP. Any of about 100 sites on the internet will sell you the correct code for $5 - $10 and you will get it instantly.

Out of principle I object to paying $100K+ for a car only to then be charged $50 for someone in support to spend 30 seconds and look up the code for you on their computer. Most companies would bend over backwards to service a customer in a similar circumstance.

2011 Tesla S
2004 Panoz Esperante
2001 Lincoln LS Sport
post #15 of 31 Old 02-24-2008, 02:12 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,685
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradon View Post
Windsock,

Why play the game with MNA? The head unit is a Blaupunkt on the QP. Any of about 100 sites on the internet will sell you the correct code for $5 - $10 and you will get it instantly.

Out of principle I object to paying $100K+ for a car only to then be charged $50 for someone in support to spend 30 seconds and look up the code for you on their computer. Most companies would bend over backwards to service a customer in a similar circumstance.
I agree. But the dealer is being ripped off at $50.00. I have a Becker out of a GS I've been playing with. I paid $10.00 on the Internet for the code and it took about 2 minutes of searching, entering the SN and getting the code. The NIT doesn't need one

2005 Nero Coupe' CC Vintage
2005 Audi A8L Quattro
2005 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode