How to turn off car alarm? Reset button? - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati ::

How to turn off car alarm? Reset button?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 133
Default How to turn off car alarm? Reset button?

Had an embarassing situation this sunday. Came back to the car after a visit to the mall and tried to unlock the car using the remote. It wouldn't work, so i opened the car using the key, the door opened but the alarm went off.
I was able to start the car but the alarm is still active and kept going off every few minutes.

Went through the manual to see if there is a way of deactivating the alarm but couldn't find anything. So finally called Roadside assitance to see if they help, the person told to me to press the reset button on the "left of the steering wheel". I couldn't find the reset button, is anybody aware of this?

I tried closing and opening the door with the key several times and finally that did the trick after an agonising 30minutes.

-MG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 139

I set my alarm off, it was so quiet that I thought it was a neighbor's burglar alarm until I saw the lights flashing. I locked and unlocked the car and that seemed to do the trick.

2004 Coupe CC
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
Had an embarassing situation this sunday. Came back to the car after a visit to the mall and tried to unlock the car using the remote. It wouldn't work, so i opened the car using the key, the door opened but the alarm went off.
I was able to start the car but the alarm is still active and kept going off every few minutes.

Went through the manual to see if there is a way of deactivating the alarm but couldn't find anything. So finally called Roadside assitance to see if they help, the person told to me to press the reset button on the "left of the steering wheel". I couldn't find the reset button, is anybody aware of this?

I tried closing and opening the door with the key several times and finally that did the trick after an agonising 30minutes.

-MG
If there's a "reset" button for the alarm in the car, I've never seen it. The only way I've been able to disarm the alarm is with the key fob. Anyone else have another approach other than MG's?

2005 Ferrari F430 Coupe (Modena Yellow/Charcoal)
2006 GranSport Coupe - Anniversary Blue (Sold)
Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 431
Smile alarm disable porcedure

You can try new batteries on the fob.
There is also a lead with a plug (yellow I think) in the trunk on the left hand side as you look in.

My alarm wouldnt work and so Maserati tech told me to see if this wire was plugged in or not. Mine was not plugged in. Now alarm works but can get the chirps when arming/disarming. It must be set to "diable Chirp" mode or something.

Anyone else wants to CHIRP in?

BTY you need to remove quite a bit of trim to get at the yellow plug-10 min job. Good Luck!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 284

No chirps here. Will this magical yellow wire enable chirps?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 2

Its happened to me. The batteries in the key fob can get dislodged or go bad.
1st, take it apart and reseat batteries. I also have not found an easy way to disarm.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:40 PM

Default alarm chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cambiocoupe View Post
No chirps here. Will this magical yellow wire enable chirps?
not to my knowledge
Old 11-01-2007, 06:29 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 133

so took it to the dealer and he said that the soldering got damaged. Apparently i pressed a little too hard which damaged the rubber cover and the soldering beneath. They had to resolder it and its fine now.

But the "reset" button is still a mystery to me, I wonder if the customer service agent was reading the script of a totally different car.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:17 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 159
Default alarm

Batteries sometimes are the problem. another issue with the alarm is if you start the car and touch the alarm button on the key it will go off while your driving. Press the alarm button again even with the key in the ignition and it will turn off
Old 11-02-2007, 02:36 AM

Wink key fob care

These are Italian and are more fragile than most car key fobs. Do not throw your keys about. Do not drop them on the floor and tell grease monkeys and valet guys to be careful with them. New key and program costs 400 in UK!

There were some good pics here of opening up the key and changing the battery.
Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati How to turn off car alarm? Reset button?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.