Be a Maserati VIP - Maserati GranTurismo Raffle Tickets! - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati ::

Be a Maserati VIP - Maserati GranTurismo Raffle Tickets!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Default Be a Maserati VIP - Maserati GranTurismo Raffle Tickets!

Have a 1 in 500 chance of winning one of the first ten 2008 Maserati GranTurismos in the United States. Available from CharityFolks.com, proceeds from the Maserati GranTurismo Raffle will benefit the Scholarship Fund of the Columbus Citizens Foundation - the organization that hosts the Annual Columbus Day Parade in New York City. The mission of the Columbus Citizens Foundation is to help elementary, high school and college students who are in financial need with educational grants and scholarships. Currently over 850 students are receiving aid from the Foundation.

Tickets can be purchased at $1,000 per ticket. The drawing will be held on Monday, October 15, 2007 at the main concourse of Grand Central Terminal in New York City.

The car is a Maserati VIP car. It is one of the first 10 GranTurismos brought into this country, and it is reserved exclusively for Maserati VIPs. This year’s U.S. allocation for these cars are all sold, but you can buy the chance to win one of these coveted vehicles!

Vehicle Specifics:
2008 Maserati GranTurismo, 4, 2L, V8
Transmission: Automatic
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Beige
Finishing: Rosewood; Smoked Quartz

Features:
Full leather interior
Rear parking sensors
Heated front seats
Navigation system
Bose surround sound system
Multimedia system with 30GB hard drive
Active Suspension System
20” Birdcage design rim
Titanium calipers

For more information and to purchase your ticket, please be sure to visit

Last edited by Charity Folks; 09-20-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 835
Exclamation

so... if the seller is the columbus citizens foundation as it is stated on the charity folks site...howcome you registered on this forum as charity folks? your representation is questionable. why isn't such an event posted on the web site below?

http://www.columbuscitizensfd.org/pa...nframeset.html

haha
2005 Spyder CC...(SOLD)
Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Charity Folks & Columbus Citizens Foundation

Thank you for asking a very valid question. My name is Jaime and I am the VP of Business Development at Charity Folks - a company that hosts online auctions and raffles for nonprofit organizations. We were hired by the Columbus Citizens Foundation (whose website is the one that you listed in your post) to sell the tickets for their raffle with the proceeds benefitting their scholarship fund.

I can be reached at 646-747-5961; information about the raffle, as posted by the Columbus Citizens Foundation can be found at http://columbusraffle.com/ (I have repeatedly asked that they include our link and logo so that no one has any reason to be concerned about the validity of our partnership) - their web developer is not locally based, so they have had some trouble with this.

You can contact them directly at 212-249-9923 to further verify that my posting is truthful. Please do let them know that you heard about the raffle from me, as I am doing my best to spread the word about this opportunity.

Thank you,
Jaime
Old 09-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 835

thank you for clearing that up...

guys -

wanna help me win a GT? a hundred dollars a pop will do

haha
2005 Spyder CC...(SOLD)
Old 09-20-2007, 04:45 PM

Default GT Raffle

If you know anyone who might be interested in the raffle, or other relevant boards to post this information on, it would be greatly appreciated. We're shooting to raise $500,000 (hence 500 tickets at $1,000 each) towards children's educations and could really use the help to promote the raffle.

Good luck to anyone who purchases a ticket!

-Jaime
Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 284

Is your company a 501(c)(3) as well, or are you a for-profit company that takes a share of what is raised?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Charity Folks info

We are not a 501 (c) 3 ourselves, but rather serve the non-profit community (that's actually what my background is in -- I had been the Director of a breast cancer charity for the last several years). Unlike other online auction companies, we do not charge our charities upfront, but do take a percentage of the monies raised.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity Folks View Post
We are not a 501 (c) 3 ourselves, but rather serve the non-profit community (that's actually what my background is in -- I had been the Director of a breast cancer charity for the last several years). Unlike other online auction companies, we do not charge our charities upfront, but do take a percentage of the monies raised.
So therefore are you informing ticket buyers that no part of their $1,000.00 price is tax deductible?

500 tickets, if all sold, is $500K. That's a very healthy return for a $120K car.

How much $ will actually go to the charity and what's your cut?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity Folks View Post
The car is a Maserati VIP car. It is one of the first 10 GranTurismos brought into this country, and it is reserved exclusively for Maserati VIPs.

can you explain what this means?
are you saying that this particular car in the raffle is a Maserati VIP car? what does that mean?

did maserati sponsored or approved this auction?
or the GT was bought or donated by someone?

2005 Quattroporte
2005 90th Spyder
Old 09-21-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Maserati Raffle Info cont'd

Maserati is an official sponsor of the raffle. From what I have been told, the reason that this car has been labeled as a Maserati VIP car is that there are only 10 of the new GTs being brought into the United States at this time & out of those 10 cars, 8 are going to VIP dealerships while only 2 (including the one up for raffle) will be going to an individual purchaser.

During 2008, others of the new GTs will be sold to the public in the United States, but those have already SOLD OUT and to the best of my understanding, the general public will not be able to get their hands on one of the new GTs until 2009.

I hope that answers your question.

Sincerely,
Jaime
Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Response to Question about the Raffle

In response to this question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCalo View Post
So therefore are you informing ticket buyers that no part of their $1,000.00 price is tax deductible?

500 tickets, if all sold, is $500K. That's a very healthy return for a $120K car.

How much $ will actually go to the charity and what's your cut?
According to the US Gaming regulations, there are no raffle tickets that are tax deductible at all. The goal of a non-profit is to raise as much money as possible for their programs, so that is why the Columbus Citizens Foundation is looking to sell 500 tickets. They felt that a 1 in 500 chance was still a pretty significant chance but that $500,000 would be very meaningful to the organization as well.

For our services, my company will be receiving a percentage of the purchases. Please keep in mind that this percentage is far less than most consulting and/or public relations firms would charge, and that we provide a greater range of services than those two types of firms combined.

Sincerely,
Jaime
Old 09-21-2007, 08:59 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Maserati Life Posts: 901

Jaime,

I hope you are able to sell all 500 and support the charity that hired you. I am very tempted to give it a shot.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Good Luck Andrew

Andrew,

Good luck if you decide to purchase a ticket and thanks for the well wishes!

-Jaime
Old 09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by M! View Post
can you explain what this means?
are you saying that this particular car in the raffle is a Maserati VIP car? what does that mean?

did maserati sponsored or approved this auction?
or the GT was bought or donated by someone?

Here is another write up on the raffle that was sent out. This is completely legitimate and I can personally vouch for the organization that is conducting this raffle and the people behind it. They have the utmost integrity, and are very reputable.

The person organizing the raffle for the Columbus Citizens Foundation is a well known collector of historic Italian automobiles and has one of the best collections of Historic Maseratis in the World.

This is actually great exposure for Maserati and owners of the current generation of cars. A group of Maseratis will lead the Columbus Day Parade in Manhattan which will be broadcast live on NBC.

<<<<< As part of the 2007 Columbus Week Celebration, the Columbus Citizens Foundation, in association with Maserati North America, will be offering a limited number of people an exclusive opportunity to win one of the first 2008 Maserati GranTurismos available in North America.

The GranTurismo is one of the most highly anticipated cars, which is currently receiving worldwide rave reviews from the automotive press. While the entire allocation for 2008 is SOLD OUT, Maserati North America has graciously offered one of their own VIP cars to help the Columbus Citizens Foundation in its charitable work.

This special order VIP car is elegantly finished in nero (black) with supple beige leather accented by rosewood trim and featuring Maserati's 30 gigabyte multimedia system, with navigation and Bose surround sound stereo and their renowned Skyhook active suspension, riding on 20" Birdcage wheels with titanium calipers. It's stunning presence on the road or in your driveway will surely be the envy of your neighbors who will have to wait at least a year to get one.

For those requiring four door transportation, the Columbus Citizens Foundation and Maserati North America will also have available the opportunity to win the highly acclaimed Maserati Quattroporte.

The cars will be on display in Grand Central Terminal in New York City from September 29th through October 15th. The drawing for the 2007 Maserati Quattroporte will be held at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York on October 6, 2007. The drawing for the 2008 Maserati GranTurismo will be in Grand Central at 7:00 PM on October 15th.

For complete details call toll free (866) 860-8572.
Please visit the Columbus Citizens Foundation at
http://www.columbuscitizensfd.org/
Raffle Rules are available at http://columbusraffle.com/_wsn/page2.html

Please Note: The raffle cars have been purchased from Maserati North America and can be delivered through the Maserati Dealer of choice in North America. See Rules and Regulations for complete details.>>>>

Joe -www.italiancarevents.com
Ghibli SS # 2110
Mistral # 1216 ('67 NY Autoshow car)
Khamsin # 1226 (Car & Driver Test car)
Bora # 1046 (next to last production car)
Lamborghini Islero # 6243
Lamborghini Jarama # 10102
Lamborghini Jalpa #12286
Ferrari Mondial Cab # 49713
Iso Rivolta Lele Marlboro # 184 ('73 Geneva Show car)
Laforza # 159

Last edited by italiancars; 09-25-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Modern Maserati Be a Maserati VIP - Maserati GranTurismo Raffle Tickets!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.