Wanted - LHD 4200 GT coupe or spyder - manual gearbox - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-15-2016, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wanted - LHD 4200 GT coupe or spyder - manual gearbox

I have a 4200 GT Spyder in Canada, and am looking for another 4200 GT manual - spyder or coupe - for my use in France. Must be LHD and manual. Anyone looking to part with one? Suggestions welcome ... Thanks, Oliver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-16-2016, 01:23 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Maserati Life Posts: 4,168
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Lorenz-06MT
Oliver, my old 06 GT is for sale in the classifieds section. Its a beautifull carr with only 12k miles on it. The forum member who bought it from me has decided to sell it. Also I just noticed that k9american has one for sale to. its on front page of the market life.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-16-2016, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lorenz, thanks for the headsup - they are both beautiful cars! The problem is it is impossible to get a Maserati Certificate of Confirmity on a US spec car to ship it to France, who won't register it unless they have this documentation. Plus the shipping and (horrendous) import taxes there would make it economically not feasible. Which probably explains why the very hard to find models in Europe have much higher asking prices than those in the US or in Canada, assuming you could even find one with the spec I want. I guess I'll have to be patient and keep looking for the needle in the French haystack!

post #4 of 5 Old 10-16-2016, 04:38 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Maserati Life Posts: 4,168
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Lorenz-06MT
ok well good luck to ya.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Maserati Life Posts: 440
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONSilver View Post
Lorenz, thanks for the headsup - they are both beautiful cars! The problem is it is impossible to get a Maserati Certificate of Confirmity on a US spec car to ship it to France, who won't register it unless they have this documentation. Plus the shipping and (horrendous) import taxes there would make it economically not feasible. Which probably explains why the very hard to find models in Europe have much higher asking prices than those in the US or in Canada, assuming you could even find one with the spec I want. I guess I'll have to be patient and keep looking for the needle in the French haystack!
That sounds strange that they won't give a COC on the car, I'm fairly sure if we put in a request with Italy that we'd get it sent to us very quickly. (we work with Maserati)
Shipping a Maserati from the east coast to Europe isn't expensive ($800-1200) and you stand a good chance of getting duty weaved on the car since it was produced fully in the EU.
If shipping still works out to be expensive check freight towards Rotterdam, I can check with my car transporter how much it would cost to ship to France by road (we get cars transported to us and from us for overhaul quite often)

For example we had a Lamborghini LP640 that a client purchased in Switzerland (thus out of the EU) he got exempt from the Import duty as we could formally prove the car was manufactured in the EU and thus was a returning produce.

I also have clients here with US imported 4200GT's fully EU registered.

That all said I do recall a local client of mine thinking of selling his 4200GT Coupe manual (I recall a '04).
Exporting that to France from the Netherlands is a very easy.

Please also keep in mind a F1/CambioCorsa can be converted back to a manual transmission car.

Let me know if I can help you out,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode