LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-01-2016, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2009 Maserati GT S F-1 SuperFast with 24k miles in FL

I think many know the background of these cars, but here is a brief summary:
"For those who might not be familiar with this particular model, Maserati began importing these cars into the US in 2009 with a rarely selected option, the F1 superfast transmission from the Ferrari 599 GTB. As the story goes, the EPA or some other group of Feds noticed the change from the ZF transmission, and told Maserati they need to crash test this particular car as it was "different" from what had been previously approved. Approximately 300 of these rare touring beasts made it into the US prior to the notice, and Maserati ceased importation in 2009 for the US, but continued to produce this ideal combination of the 430 inspired 4.7 and 599 F1 for the rest of the world."

I've owned my car for about 2 years now, and it has been perfect. Though I've had faster cars, nothing has the class of this shape, and nothing has the presence of the exhaust note. The leather is well conditioned and the car is detailed often, and driven regularly.

Exterior is Nero Daytona, interior is red
Up to date on service, original clutch is at 45% (about 15k miles until replacement).
Current milage is 24,650, but still being driven.
Tires are brand new-about 1500 miles, Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Car has wheel spacers (Formula Dynamics spec)
Full clear bra on front bumper, side mirrors and gas cap.
Has manuals, tools, air compressor, etc. I believe I still have the car cover but still looking for it-in storage.
No accidents, no stories, no modifications. Serviced at Central Florida Ferrari/Maserati as long as I've owned it.

100+ pictures and an exhaust clip: https://goo.gl/photos/t6nuwrNAWLEHzv2E7

Located in Orlando, FL and asking $54,900

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,283
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) under Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) is the people I think you are looking for not the EPA Enviromental Protection Agency. This is the first I've heard of this story as to why they weren't sold in the U.S., though I did see the Ferrari Chat article a little while ago saying the same thing (with no hyper-links to where the data originated), so not sure of it's validity.

I guess my thoughts would be why would they need to retest a vehicle with a transmission swap, for instance, an auto and manual transmission for impact ratings? I could see something that really addresses the structure of the frame or unibody, like for instance a Coupe or Convertible vehicle but not gear box. Just my thoughts and unimportant to the fact you are selling the car.

In either case, I'm F1 all the way. It might help if you posted clutch wear, solenoid leakage rates, the engagement/selection values on the car, and don't forget the clutch wear index. Central Maserati of Florida could give you this data if you asked for it specifically. It would peak people's interest more to see it.

I was just discussing this in another thread with someone who did do a PPI on the GTS F1. I don't think it will take the place of a proper PPI but, it would go along way.

craig-waterman.com

Last edited by Craig; 10-02-2016 at 09:16 PM.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-02-2016, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Yep! Same place I heard that story, Ferrari Chat. Thanks!

post #4 of 9 Old 10-11-2016, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Post Hurricane bump! Car didn't fly away. Was interested in trades but found a new build so less interested in trades, but more motivated to sell. Will be putting up on eBay in a few weeks, let me know if you have offers beforehand!
post #5 of 9 Old 12-11-2016, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

I recently found out I had a friend with an unlimited carfax account, so I figured I would share it for the car! No accidents or buybacks. I never cared number about number of owners, but someone did point out that CarFax says 7 transactions...but I only know of 3 owners:the owner before me, and the original owner that he knew. Maybe lien payoffs and lease re-ups being recorded as new owners? Who knows, but that's what CarFax has either way!

Also: still listening to whatever offers come before Christmas and enjoying the car while I have it I am going to be doing the service for next year in January/February, and will probably take it off the market for a while.

post #6 of 9 Old 12-26-2016, 02:00 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 25
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I am in the Market , Any Sticky Button issues ?
post #7 of 9 Old 01-05-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Carfella, but I think I am holding on to it - moved another car out of my driveway instead. Hard to replicate the Maserati, especially a GT S F1!
post #8 of 9 Old 01-18-2017, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Clutch life

Turns out, I was wrong - clutch life is at 53% left (less than half worn). I think I misheard them the last time it was in service and flipped the numbers for worn vs remaining, and then assumed it was wearing down faster since the last service. Amazing to think that this is the original clutch and not even half worn - what a great trans for an F1. See attached for printouts.

Still driving and enjoying it as a 4th car now, but know that I'll want to sell it sometime before fall this year, so trying to keep this ad up to date. Thanks all!

post #9 of 9 Old 01-23-2017, 12:52 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 25
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
No Problem I purchased a 2009 GT S , in Russo Mondale , and I Love it !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode