Maserati Forum banner

Biturbo Maserati Engine Part-out?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ripitt 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums.
My grandparents left me their Biturbo Maserati when they passed because they knew I'm the car guy of the family.

The fuel pump went out and instead of fixing it they had bought a newer Mercedes and let the Maserati sit on the side of the house.

I'll include some pictures below, I quite frankly do not know the year of the car, or really anything about it except what I have read up on the Biturbo engines that were put into these cars.

I am by no means a rich man, haha, but I've thought about replacing the fuel pump, doing a full over fluid change and getting her back on the road, but even more so I've been throwing around the idea of tearing the motor and transmission out and selling it off to you guys on here, and maybe putting a Chevy smallblock or something along the lines of a Toyota 1UZ V8 or 1MZ V6 into it.

So I have a few questions:

1. Is there a need for parts from these engines that would make it worth my time to tear it out and part it out to you guys?

3. How reliable would you guys say that these Biturbo motors are? Lets say under serious strain, like a teenager racing it at every light. (Not that I would even remotely do that, just wanna get a feel for these engines as I have no experience)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.