LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-10-2017, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question What do you get a man that's got everything? Help

Hello Maserati forum,

I am chuffed that I came across this while trying to find some ideas on what to get my grandfather for his birthday that is coming up in about a month.

In all honesty, I have never really gotten my grandfather anything for his birthday only a card here and there to let him know I'm thinking of him but this year is a little different. He will be turning 75 and still going like he is 35 which is awesome. But what do I get him? He is retired and loving life living on his bottom. When he's not on his bottom he's working on his Maserati Quattroporte either cleaning or changing oil tire pressure etc. He's got all the tools he needs, honestly, it's a nightmare. He's one of those guys that just goes out a gets what he needs when he needs it which leaves little room for us to get him anything.

Being as he loves his car and I am on the Maserati forum the question is, What would you guys love as a gift from a grandson or even a friend etc? Some of you must be hard to buy for too????

Really looking forward to speaking with you all and seeing what ideas you guys come up with!

Thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-10-2017, 05:44 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 370
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
What price range are you thinking? Do you know what year QP he has?

You might peruse this...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ti+accessories

Keep the Rev's Up...
post #3 of 8 Old 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 689
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
How about Maserati branded fender covers?

Former '85 Biturbo E owner 25+ years ago.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-10-2017, 10:04 PM

InnerCircle

If you can afford it, how about a day or two admission to a performance driving school: Skip Barber, Bondurant, etc.

Keep the Rev's Up...
post #5 of 8 Old 04-11-2017, 04:35 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 19
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A nice little gift could be something you put together yourself - get one of these OEM Tridents. I got one while waiting for my QP to arrive, it's now a decoration on my machinist tool box. It's really cool with the "arrow" line under the trident. Anyway, maybe buy a frame and have a frame shop mount it. Looks classy and reminds you of your car when you can't be driving it. Look on eBay for # 361941370473 by joparts - good seller. He has some other nice Maserati stuff as well, and he's got several of these. Btw, it looks a lot better than the picture with the factory package under it. They come with adhesive backing. Same as on the C Pillar of a Quattroporte, not sure about the other models.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trident Emblem.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	94042  

-2008 Quattroporte Executive GT
-Still driving a 1991 BRG Miata
post #6 of 8 Old 04-17-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Some good ideas here guys! I never even knew Maserati had an accessories store. When I searched Maserati, of course, it just came up with their dealership, never thought to write accessories. On the site I must admit those cufflinks are really nice but coming in at $2,805 is about $2000 dollars over my budget haha. Saying this they have some lovely items on there that I can start looking into.

I also like the Idea to put something togeather myself and give him that as a gift, this way it's more personal. I will have to be quick thinking thought as there is not much time left.

Thanks for the replies guys as soon as I have come up with a decision I will be back to get your thoughts.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-21-2017, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

I have found some Maserati watches online that I like and I think my grandfather would too. But are these watches real? like actually made by Maserati or some establishment that is connected to them? I have found a Maserati watch on a site I use http://www.used.forsale/canada/montreal/maserati but the watch doesn't look like expensive or classy enough. I have found others online in different places but I thought I would ask first.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-21-2017, 03:26 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati doesn't make watches. Some Asian firm probably made it & put a Maserati trident on it.
Some other ideas: keychain eith logo (my brother just gave me a nice silver one); or if he doesn't have them already, valve stem caps with the red trident on them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode