Repair costs - Maserati Forum

Maserati Forum Maserati Forum Maserati Lounge ::

Repair costs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 01:53 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Thumbs down Repair costs

I am in the process of buying my friend's 2006 Quattroporte Sport GT which has 5,800 miles on it. The more I drive it the more I like it but I still need to show my wife how to drive it as she doesn't know how to drive manual at all.

My main concern about buying the car is the potential maintenance cost. Can someone help me to understand the potential repair and maintenance costs for owning this car? Clutch replacement/repair; oil and lub service; transmission repairs etc.?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 133

I own a 05 QP. I have done three services at this time and one clutch replacement, as well as one full set of tires have been changed. I now have 19000 miles on the car. Yes, the service expenses are more than you would have with a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or another high-end, high-volume manufacturer. The cost is less though than at Ferrari, Lamborghini, or another one of those super-high-end marques. I only have mine serviced at factory authorized service facilities, as there always is the one or two warranty issues they need to fix. Overall I did not have the car in for unscheduled issues and the car proved exceptionally reliable. Mind you I have put the 19000 miles on the car in the course of a little over 1.5 years. Service Tech thinks I have no problem with the car because it does get used a lot. Maseratis are high performance cars meant to be driven, not kept in the garage.

Anyway, my expenses were:

1. 6,500 mile service (oil change, lube job, general service items, including material and labor) $ 745.00

2. 12,500 mile service (lube, oil and filter change, general service items, plus CHANGE OF CLUTCH, CHANGE ALL TIRES) $ 9,800

3. 18000 mile service (first "big" service, changing all fluids, filters, ...) $ 2,700

So, all in all not too shocking, but more than you would pay with any other German or Domestic luxury brand. I am excited and elated that my QP has a perfect service record though and is always ready to go!

Hope this helps you!

QPIE003
2005 Quattroporte
Old 07-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 2

Thank you so much for your reply. I thought the factory warranty includes bumper to bumper scheduled maintenance? Why did you have to pay the expenses as you mentioned? Would that be covered under warranty?

Thanks again.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 133

Material and Labor for fluid changes are not covered by warranty, neither is the clutch, as it is considered wear and tear part. Tires certainly aren't covered either.

I had very small warranty issues, mostly interior trim and glove compartment, as well as a cover in the trunk, which came loose. No problem getting those covered under warranty.

As I said, it is definitely pricier than your everage sport luxe sedan, but well worth it.

QPIE003
2005 Quattroporte
Old 07-20-2007, 11:15 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 574
Default ownership cost

have 2002 cc spyder. very happy. cost at 19000 miles: one clutch, my employees burnt it up. thats it. two milage checkup, not expensive. i change all oils filters, and plugs. good road car. longest one day trip 700 miles. had sore bottom,after 500 miles. 20mpg on trip! love my maserati
Old 07-22-2007, 03:21 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 1,060
Default Service Costs...

So my 2002 Coupe needed the 50k service... I changed all the fluids, etc. I bought the car and it hadn't been serviced for a while..

I already had the Anti Freeze, Brake Fluid, Power Steering Fluid.
8 Iridium Denso Spark Plugs, $88.00
10 Quarts of Mobil 1 0W-40, $80.00
1 Maserati Oil Filter $35.00
4 Quarts of Mobile 1 75W-90 Gear Lube. $48.00
1 BMC Air Filter $99.00

4 New Nitto 555 ZR Rated tires $832.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Total of $1102.00

The clutch shouldn't be more than 4k with a new CC pump, only 2k without the pump and the pump isn't needed most of the time.

Machines are fixed with tools and parts, people are fixed with kindness and understanding.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 444

My clutch lasted about 18,000 and it was about $3,500 for the replacement.

The tires lasted about 18,000 as well, cant recall exactly, and they were about 1,200 or so mounted balanced etc, then a few hundred more for a full alignment. You can check tire prices easily.

Other than that, there have been no expenses except regular services which is listed above. I tend to service the car a bit more frequently than some and have found that its better to do so in the long run.

The big problem I've run into is hitting potholes. I've busted the sidewall on two occasions and put a bend in the rim on one. Thats been the big expense for the car. Last time I did this at about 26,000 miles, I just went ahead and changed out both front tires. That's Los Angeles though... we have a Mayor that likes to bandaid rather than improve roads.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:34 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 57

My 07 Quattroporte brochure and owner's manual indicates that the first service is to be done at 12,500 miles. Is there a reason why they would recommend waiting till then to get any service done? Of course it could never hurt getting oil change at 6,000 but just wondering why they don't mind waiting till 12,500.

Vik
Old 09-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Maserati Life Posts: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik Patel View Post
My 07 Quattroporte brochure and owner's manual indicates that the first service is to be done at 12,500 miles. Is there a reason why they would recommend waiting till then to get any service done? Of course it could never hurt getting oil change at 6,000 but just wondering why they don't mind waiting till 12,500.

Vik
full synthetic oil lasts about that long. Rather than 12K I have been servicing it around 4K interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD
we have a Mayor that likes to bandaid rather than improve roads.
How do say bandaid in spanish?

haha
2005 Spyder CC...(SOLD)
Old 06-09-2008, 06:09 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
full synthetic oil lasts about that long. Rather than 12K I have been servicing it around 4K interval.

How do say bandaid in spanish?
Curita is spanish for bandaid as Villareigasa wouls say.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:37 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 5

has anyone replaced the hydraulic pump for the gearbox, and what did it cost?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:30 AM
InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 5,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratgirl View Post
has anyone replaced the hydraulic pump for the gearbox, and what did it cost?
There are plenty of threads on F1 pump replacement. Check the model specific forums and you will find lots of info. The short answer is $1,500-$2,500 for an F1 pump replacement.

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
Old 07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Maserati Parts
Sponsor

Maserati Life Posts: 107
Send a message via Yahoo to dcautomotive

we have a couple of F1 pumps too, if anyone needs one

-------------
Robert Zampardi
Huge Warehouse of Porsche and some Maserati parts
www.dcautomotive.com
800-579-2410
sales email: dcautomotive@gmail.com

06 QP, gone
07 F430
misc porsches
Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Maserati Life Posts: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcautomotive View Post
we have a couple of F1 pumps too, if anyone needs one
Have you seen any rebuilt pumps, and have any opinion on amount of work it might take an electric motor rebuilder to rebuild?

2005 GS
Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodni View Post
I like it but I still need to show my wife how to drive it as she doesn't know how to drive manual at all.
Preventative maintenance: don't show her how to drive it.

I need to find where you guys service your cars. My annual service for my coupe costs me $1,500 to $2,000!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.