LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 07-06-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
ADMINISTRATOR

Maserati Life Posts: 901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Supporting Members

Someone recently contacted me about making the Elite Membership a more down-to-earth title. I agreed and have updated it. It also dawned on me that the marketing of this is poor and nearly non-existent. At this time Supporting Members are able to download additional content under the Members tab at the top and access Supporting Members only forums.

Details to sign-up:
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/payments.php

If you have additional ideas for features for Supporting Members, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 126
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Web site slow

Andrew,

Don't know if you are the right person, but this site has issues when going back to the main page. load.exelator.com seems to take 5-10 seconds before bringing up a page.

"Life's too short to .... oh, I forget"

Still own ...

2009 GranTurismo (Bordeaux)
2000 Volvo C70 Convertible (Red)
1973 XKE Roadster (Red 4-speed)
2011 Tahoe 4x4 LTZ (Ruby Red)
1954 Ford F-100 (Red - Bought new by father)

And parted with ...

2005 Volvo S60R (Red 6-speed)
1980 Corvette L82 (Red)
1998 Navigator (Laser Red)
1973 Camaro RS/LT (Red - First New Car)
post #3 of 28 Old 05-25-2012, 04:43 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,530
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
After quite some time trying (apparently not that hard), I finally found this thread and managed to become a supporting member. Such an amazingly valuable resource here, it's hard to justify not supporting it.

Andrew: the drop down menu in the top right (username) with "Upgrade Account" never worked for me, and I was never able to find another way to do it until now. Pointing it to this page might be better. Found this thread quite by accident, about to start a thread here asking for help. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Someone recently contacted me about making the Elite Membership a more down-to-earth title.
Now isn't that just like a Maserati owner.....

2006 GranSport
1967 Mistral

post #4 of 28 Old 09-25-2012, 11:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,414
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi Andrew. I noticed something about the dates and time on the Forum.

I always see my local time +4 hours when I browse the Forum without being logged in. For example, if someone posts a message at 6pm my time, then it shows at 10pm on the Forum.

I know there is a setting where one can select his time zone. This is what I did and it indeed shows the right time, but only when I am logged in.

This setting does not work anymore if one logs out as it reverts as time +4 hours.

Is it normal?

Last edited by Sunshine; 09-26-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Just checked again and time was mine+4 (not logged in)
post #5 of 28 Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Banned

Maserati Life Posts: 1
hello admin nice forum . i am a new user and i will be actively participating ..
post #6 of 28 Old 12-18-2013, 12:26 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 3
"Member" tab???

I recently signed up as a supporting member but I'm not seeing the "Member" tab at the top that you mention. Am I missing something????? I was hoping to find some more information regarding my newly acquired 2007 Quattroporte such as maintenance schedule!!!! Any help would be appreciated.
post #7 of 28 Old 03-04-2015, 11:39 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 137
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Sounds OK. But as a new guy what do I get for joining? Thanks.
post #8 of 28 Old 08-25-2015, 07:01 PM

HELP ME I'm a 16 and my parents gave me a budget for a first car I've narrowed it down to a 2013 mercedes c class with 40000 miles or a maserati quattroporte 2007 with 34000 miles I really want the maserati but I don't know enough about owning one to make the descion, like repairs cost and upkeeping also insurance. I intend to own it for mabye five years before upgrading. I want to know when do maseratis start to break down and become too espensive to drive daily
post #9 of 28 Old 08-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,855
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyanyolo View Post
HELP ME I'm a 16 and my parents gave me a budget for a first car I've narrowed it down to a 2013 mercedes c class with 40000 miles or a maserati quattroporte 2007 with 34000 miles I really want the maserati but I don't know enough about owning one to make the descion, like repairs cost and upkeeping also insurance. I intend to own it for mabye five years before upgrading. I want to know when do maseratis start to break down and become too espensive to drive daily
Unless they've also given you a pretty substantial maintenance budget, I would recommend the Merc. Although the buy in for the 07 QP may seem low, you are still doing maintenance on a six-figure car.

You don't say much about either car, so it's hard to know what you're really looking at. C-what? QP duo or auto?

Dave
2006 Coupe CC Blu Nettuno Vintage with Forgestar wheels, FD: DBWEM & springs , BMC filter, SuperSprint De-Cat, custom cat delete headers, custom x-pipe with 100cell race cats, RRP valves, G&S Exclusive Granturismo front bumper
post #10 of 28 Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Supporting Member

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,283
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdave View Post
Unless they've also given you a pretty substantial maintenance budget, I would recommend the Merc. Although the buy in for the 07 QP may seem low, you are still doing maintenance on a six-figure car.

You don't say much about either car, so it's hard to know what you're really looking at. C-what? QP duo or auto?
+1 with Dave. I have owned both Mercs. and also the Maseratis. If you are looking at reliability and dependence you should side with the Merc. Depending on what model you are talking about it could still be under some factory warranty as well. Additionally, there are way more people knowledgeable about Mercs than Maseratis. If that Mas breaks down you can kiss a bit of your college fund good bye. It will bring that Doctorate or Masters right down to a Bachelors or Associates. You definitely don't want that.

craig-waterman.com
post #11 of 28 Old 08-26-2015, 05:59 AM

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think matenice is an issue my dad has owned a 6 figured mercedes amg for 15 years and it only started to become costly toward the end of its life plus I'm only going to use it maserati for 5 years, before I get an upgrade possible even a brand new one. Yes is has bad gas mileage and high maintenance but what beats having your first car being a maserati it would be the nicest car in my high school and for me it's worth the extra cost
post #12 of 28 Old 08-26-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:

idk which maserati probably the cheaper more luxurious model over the more espensive sport one with the carbon fiber dash, it's a c 250 with nav sunroof and other stuff, I don't think matenice is a problem we've owned a mercedes amg that was 6 figures and it wasn't even that espensive. Could you give me a quote or a ratio on the amount you spend on maitinice vs the amount of miles you get out of your maserati
because if I get it this would be my daily drive car. And plus what beats having a maserati as your first car I think it's worth it
post #13 of 28 Old 08-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,855
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Quote:
idk which maserati probably the cheaper more luxurious model over the more espensive sport one with the carbon fiber dash, it's a c 250 with nav sunroof and other stuff, I don't think matenice is a problem we've owned a mercedes amg that was 6 figures and it wasn't even that espensive. Could you give me a quote or a ratio on the amount you spend on maitinice vs the amount of miles you get out of your maserati
because if I get it this would be my daily drive car. And plus what beats having a maserati as your first car I think it's worth it
Well, it seems that you've made up your mind. As to maintenance costs, it depends on what you buy. The point we were trying to make is that you are more likely to have substantial maintenance/repair costs as compared to almost any MB. The reason I mentioned the new car price of the Maserati was to prevent comparisons with like priced used cars. If you do your research and get a good PPI, you shouldn't have any problems. But, you also could suddenly have a $10,000 repair bill if it develops variator problems. Or maybe you'll need a $6000 clutch job.

Dave
2006 Coupe CC Blu Nettuno Vintage with Forgestar wheels, FD: DBWEM & springs , BMC filter, SuperSprint De-Cat, custom cat delete headers, custom x-pipe with 100cell race cats, RRP valves, G&S Exclusive Granturismo front bumper
post #14 of 28 Old 08-27-2015, 03:29 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,530
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
If you do your research and get a good PPI, you shouldn't have any problems. But, you also could suddenly have a $10,000 repair bill if it develops variator problems. Or maybe you'll need a $6000 clutch job.
+1

It's good that you are doing your research so that you don't get blindsided with a 5-figure repair bill. Things like an impending clutch job can be identified by a good PPI by someone that regularly works on modern Maseratis and who has an SD3 computer for interfacing with the car. (of course getting an automatic is a good alternative to avoiding expensive clutch jobs) Things like variator problems can come out of nowhere. If you have a 5 figure chunk of cash set aside just for repairs, you will sleep well and truly enjoy the car. If not, you may be too scared to drive it every day (this is far more common than you might think).

Finally, I think we can all understand the pinings of a 16 year old boy in high school. We've all been there (well, at least the men on this forum have!). It's tough to be objective at that age, with so little life experience, so again I'm glad to see you here doing your homework. That will help reduce (not eliminate) the risk that you will be forced to gain a tremendous amount of life experience dealing and haggling with high-end repair shops instead of just enjoying being a kid. My advice: buy a Porsche. Far easier to maintain and just as cool. What beats having a Porsche as your first car?

2006 GranSport
1967 Mistral
post #15 of 28 Old 08-27-2015, 04:14 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 76
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
How about a brand new Fiat Abarth 500? (My daily driver).
Comes with a warrantee and no hassles, and goes like stink.
A Maserati is not a teenager's good choice, you'll just look like a spoiled brat to your contemporaries, not at all cool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode